2024 U.S. Presidential Election

Camacho

I agree that you can't trust polls, especially this far out but it's still alarming to see someone in the position Trump is in currently to be in the lead. In 2016 it could be argued we didn't know (although WE KNEW) what we were getting into with Trump, in 2024 WE KNOW so if that's the collective choice we make AGAIN then we damn well deserve every bad thing that results from that. Ever since 2016, every election is so fucking dramatic (and traumatic in some cases) but hey....if Trump wins, at least we won't have to worry about 2028 election drama. 

Democrats actually had a pretty good night on Tuesday (November 7).

• Ohio (a fairly red state that went for Trump in 2016 and 2020) voted to enshrine abortion rights into their state constitution despite Republicans' best efforts to defeat it.
  • Ohio also legalized recreational marijuana by a wide margin.
  • The Democratic governor of Kentucky, Andy Beshear, won re-election - in part by running on abortion rights (in a red state!).
  • Democrats flipped the Virginia House of Delegates and kept their majority in the Virginia Senate. This has pretty much ended Republican governor Glenn Youngkin's 2024 presidential aspirations.

I would take all this pearl clutching with a grain of salt. Not that anyone should be complacent in the Biden circle. However, the GOP appears to be doing everything they can to lose. Abortion rights continue to be an effective weapon against the GOP, and their boy, Trump, is responsible for Roe v. Wade being overturned via his three Supreme Court justice appointments.

I'd rather be Biden right now than Trump.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:29 AM, Nightshade said:

Democrats actually had a pretty good night on Tuesday (November 7).

• Ohio (a fairly red state that went for Trump in 2016 and 2020) voted to enshrine abortion rights into their state constitution despite Republicans' best efforts to defeat it.
  • Ohio also legalized recreational marijuana by a wide margin.
  • The Democratic governor of Kentucky, Andy Beshear, won re-election - in part by running on abortion rights (in a red state!).
  • Democrats flipped the Virginia House of Delegates and kept their majority in the Virginia Senate. This has pretty much ended Republican governor Glenn Youngkin's 2024 presidential aspirations.

I would take all this pearl clutching with a grain of salt. Not that anyone should be complacent in the Biden circle. However, the GOP appears to be doing everything they can to lose. Abortion rights continue to be an effective weapon against the GOP, and their boy, Trump, is responsible for Roe v. Wade being overturned via his three Supreme Court justice appointments.

I'd rather be Biden right now than Trump.

It's so easy to get caught up in all of these "polls" that at the end of the day don't mean anything......just ask Hillary, every poll back in '16 had her winning. Tuesday night really put things into perspective. MAGA is LOUD and they are absolutely passionate (after all, it IS essentially a cult at this point) but they aren't the majority. You'll be hard pressed to find Dems as passionate about Biden (or any Dem politician) as MAGA is about Trump but that's actually not a bad thing. Dems and "swing" voters ARE passionate about the issues and as we've seen in the '18 midterms, '20 general election, '21 runoff election, '22 midterms and now in this off year of '23 elections, the majority of Americans aren't here for the extreme MAGA bullshit authoritarian agenda. Let's just hope that clarity is still here a year from now.

For so many years Republicans have wanted to overturn Roe and they got their wish. I don't think they foresaw the full consequences of that. It's been nearly a year and a half and people are STILL as pissed off as they were the day they found out. It's also worth noting that the governor's race in MISSISSIPPI was even competitive....that's unheard of. I think the incumbent Republican "only" won by about 6 points. MS is a DEEP RED state so the fact that a discussion of a Dem even coming close to winning that state speaks volumes.

• 2 months later...

Horrid. If Dumb wins, USA & EU are fucked, RU would probably trive, UKR would be given to RU, probably the Baltics or Poland or Romania and BG... Biden's presidency was deffinately not great, but Dumb once more? Fuck noooo. Hope Biden wins.

No way Biden is getting re-elected.  I can’t believe in all the US huge country huge population they don’t have atleast 1 decent candidate. Ridiculous