COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

On 6/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, Nick said:

I'm worried about the Delta variant! 

me too: and I haven´t been vaccinated yet, it´s impossoble to find a spot for a shot in here, it´s nervous breaking

14 hours ago, promise to try said:

me too: and I haven´t been vaccinated yet, it´s impossoble to find a spot for a shot in here, it´s nervous breaking

From what I'm reading, it seems like you really need to receive the vaccination ASAP. You don't want to get sick with a variant that is more easily transmissible, and potentially more harmful.

Good luck!

15 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

With the delta variant still hasn’t peaked, this is the single most ridiculous and irresponsible decision ever. But then again Boris is the PM, so what can you expect. 

It's starting to be in the air, here, too. They say we will have to learn to live with the virus and its consequences and there will be no more lockdown. Not sure they're ready to let go the mask, though. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, runa said:

Mask law and one metre rule set to end in England

So no more mask in England. What a strange decision, knowing it's far to be finished. This government is just giving up on its own responsibility. 

There is some logic here. The idea is that it's summer so hospitals are less busy with other infections like the flu so can deal more easily with an increase in admissions, most of the most vulnerable are vaccinated and it's mainly the young who are getting it now who are less likely to require hospitalisation.

And honestly, I think they're at the point where if people who were offered the vaccine but didn't take it and get ill, that's their own problem. 

21 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

There is some logic here. The idea is that it's summer so hospitals are less busy with other infections like the flu so can deal more easily with an increase in admissions, most of the most vulnerable are vaccinated and it's mainly the young who are getting it now who are less likely to require hospitalisation.

And honestly, I think they're at the point where if people who were offered the vaccine but didn't take it and get ill, that's their own problem. 

I guess time will tell.

I’m in Sydney so have been back in lockdown for a little while now. There were people out protesting today in the city against lockdowns citing ‘government control’  and I couldn’t eye roll any harder. Public health restrictions is not government overreach - government control is the systematic defunding of services like health and education, tax breaks for the wealthy while people on benefits starve, and denying any rise in superannuation (pension funds in Australia) while politicians take home an obscene amount of money. The Murdoch rot is well and truly here.

I have no children, live alone, and am able to work from home so I really can’t complain. I do have to say that I’m missing physical hugs though. And thanks to these pseudo intellectuals today out in mass, the lockdown will only be further extended if our cases spike.

my family from the USA was going to come on holidays this august, all of them are vaccinated (well, maybe the two younger girls arent?), but my uncle is old, and they got scared because our positive cases are a lot and it´s spreading quite fast...crap, I was really waiting to have them here

On 7/2/2021 at 1:03 AM, Nick said:

From what I'm reading, it seems like you really need to receive the vaccination ASAP. You don't want to get sick with a variant that is more easily transmissible, and potentially more harmful.

Good luck!

I got the shot! only one, the johnson and johnson one: maybe I´ll become a cute blond baby in a couple of months...

5 hours ago, promise to try said:

I got the shot! only one, the johnson and johnson one: maybe I´ll become a cute blond baby in a couple of months...

Haha you never know, That's good though that you finally got the vaccine👍🏽

On 7/24/2021 at 10:41 PM, cardiganstarlet said:

I’m in Sydney so have been back in lockdown for a little while now. There were people out protesting today in the city against lockdowns citing ‘government control’  and I couldn’t eye roll any harder. Public health restrictions is not government overreach - government control is the systematic defunding of services like health and education, tax breaks for the wealthy while people on benefits starve, and denying any rise in superannuation (pension funds in Australia) while politicians take home an obscene amount of money. The Murdoch rot is well and truly here.

I have no children, live alone, and am able to work from home so I really can’t complain. I do have to say that I’m missing physical hugs though. And thanks to these pseudo intellectuals today out in mass, the lockdown will only be further extended if our cases spike.

I was so disgusted by what I saw of the protests on the news. And I couldn't agree with you more about government control.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:41 PM, cardiganstarlet said:

1 hour ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I was so disgusted by what I saw of the protests on the news. And I couldn't agree with you more about government control.

Those protesters are selfish stupid people.  If Melbourne and Sydney have longer lockdowns because of them, they will have so much to answer for. I wonder how these morons who are mostly conspiracy theory obsessives, would have coped during world wars. Also, would the world still have the plague and Polio etc in droves if they were spreading false lies about vaccines years back like they do today. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 3:03 PM, jonski43 said:

There's going to be lots of variants as long as whole populated areas are not vaccinated. 

I've just read that herd immunity is now established in 90% of the population and not 70%. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, Junior said:

Sounding like those people you sometimes read or hear saying they still oppose gun control following the passing of a loved one of theirs in some horrible shooting. It is sad not to be able to "concede" when reason and logic and life itself contradict flimsy beliefs held too tightly. But I do hope her memories are blessings.

Also, love nurses, but why do so many wheel out their job title as though it makes them international authorities on EVERYTHING related to health and wellness under the sun?

On 8/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, Junior said:

If a vaccine is available and you don't get it, it's your own goddam fault. I have ZERO sympathy anymore. I guess when you wish for a virus that kills stupid people, you get what you ask for.