COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

30 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I think that masks are to be mandatory in the street in all countries that had a soft approach to the virus during summer. Spain is a bit better now than others because we have been using masks on the street since June.

And sadly bars and restaurants are the clue. Once bars are closed or limited the cases fall dramatically. 

In Denmark, most new cases are among people aged 15-30, and parties in private homes are the driving force here.

Btw, the lockdown has now been extended to cover 69 municipalities, which are home to a total of 90 % of Denmark's population.

3 hours ago, Msig said:

In Denmark, most new cases are among people aged 15-30, and parties in private homes are the driving force here.

Btw, the lockdown has now been extended to cover 69 municipalities, which are home to a total of 90 % of Denmark's population.

That was said in Spain during the summer and the cases only dropped once the bars were closed. 

It's the bars and restaurants. We have now a drastic drop since we limited and closed bars. 

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

I think that masks are to be mandatory in the street in all countries that had a soft approach to the virus during summer. Spain is a bit better now than others because we have been using masks on the street since June.

And sadly bars and restaurants are the clue. Once bars are closed or limited the cases fall dramatically. 

Restaurants and bars are closed here. It didn't change anything.

9 hours ago, runa said:

Restaurants and bars are closed here. It didn't change anything.

Yes France is a weird case now. It's like Spain regarding masks and the lockdown wasn't as effective as expected. I do wonder how people are being infected if there's no interaction among people? What do the experts say there? 

On 12/12/2020 at 10:05 AM, karbatal said:

Yes France is a weird case now. It's like Spain regarding masks and the lockdown wasn't as effective as expected. I do wonder how people are being infected if there's no interaction among people? What do the experts say there? 

in my case there are two possibilites: the metro, everyday full of people, and/or the high school, full of students that could be positive but have no symtoms

18 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

For those of you who got the rona earlier this year, how do you feel now? Do you feel back to normal? anything noticeable differences?

I was very lucky and really had only mild symptoms - fever, headache, body aches and a lot of fatigue. I lost maybe 70% of my sense of smell. It was just like a bad cold (not the worst I got in my life)

After 4 days, fever, headache and body aches left me. 
After 7-10 days, my sense of smell was back to normal, almost 100%

But what stayed longer (and is still there) is the fatigue. I got it mid-september, and there is still some days where I have a lot of difficulties to get out of bed. I call these days, the Covid-days. Most of all I'd say I'm 80-85% back but I'm not 100%. For example, I used to run 3 to 6 miles, 2-3 times a week. I never went back since I was sick. 😞 I just don't have that kind of energy anymore. 

My bf is a college teacher. He got it from one of his student, then bring it back home. 

Can never afford to take a thing for granted - who's to say I'd even get beyond the acute phase? - but I think I'm most fearful of potential long-term effects; it's very odd how it acts out so differently in people, in some cases for months and months.

Hope you'll be running soon, @runa. 🏃‍♂️ (or 🏃‍♀️, depending on your preferred sportswear!) Thrilled you're generally feeling quite a lot better.

3 minutes ago, runa said:

Thanks @pithy ! I felt lucky when I was reading what happened to @promise to try...
Must say I'm twice as careful now. I'm really afraid to catch it once again. 

No kidding. And to think @promise to try survived COVID only to be bombarded with Mariah gifs from a sadistic @horn, as if the virus wasn't horrific enough. :sadface:

But seriously, I hope everyone will manage to stay safe and ultimately be well.

11 hours ago, runa said:

I was very lucky and really had only mild symptoms - fever, headache, body aches and a lot of fatigue. I lost maybe 70% of my sense of smell. It was just like a bad cold (not the worst I got in my life)

But what stayed longer (and is still there) is the fatigue. I got it mid-september, and there is still some days where I have a lot of difficulties to get out of bed. I call these days, the Covid-days. Most of all I'd say I'm 80-85% back but I'm not 100%. For example, I used to run 3 to 6 miles, 2-3 times a week. I never went back since I was sick. 😞 I just don't have that kind of energy anymore. 

My bf is a college teacher. He got it from one of his student, then bring it back home. 

:shock: 

I didn't know you got it.

But seriously, the virus is :nervous: 

I had the American flu (aka H1N1 flu) and felt like dying for almost a month.

NEVER wanna go through that ever again.

I'm pretty sure COVID-19 is even worse.

I can't believe some cunts still insist it's a hoax or no difference compare to the normal flu. :rolleyes: 

10 hours ago, runa said:

Brazil's Bolsonaro warns virus vaccine can turn people into 'crocodiles'

What an idiot. Why do people elect this kind of asshole? Serious question ? I mean, what do they find in them ? 

image.jpg

The far-right leader has been sceptical of the coronavirus since it first emerged late last year, branding it "a little flu." 

:rolleyes: 

Any Brazilian here? Make sure you guys get rid of this cunt in the next election.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:08 PM, runa said:

I didn't know it. It really sucks. I hope it eventually goes or maybe there's a treatment.

Guest eroticerotic
On 12/18/2020 at 4:08 PM, runa said:

Wonder if fatigue is a bit of lockdown depression? so many things happening at once due to shutdown who knows !

I used to be late to bed/early to rise and always do something workout related pre shutdown. Now I wish I could stay in bed all day - I have to drag myself out whether I like it or not. I can't tell if it's shutdown fatigue or just how it is when you're over 40 :lol:

On 10/31/2020 at 9:13 PM, Nikki said:

15 people at a funeral 😞 he LOVED people. he was so scared to die. he wasnt an introvert like me. if he knew about this it would crush him. 

I couldnt even see him anymore at the hospital. They promised they'd call if he got worse and that I could visit him, but they didnt. our last call was so.. blasé.. banal.. if only i knew. he sounded so great.. i never expected it to happen so quickly.. he seemed fine.

Has anyone been to the morgue to visit loved ones who died during corona? they put them in BAGS. They wrote "COVID" on the bag next to his face. They covered his mouth with a mask! It makes me so angry!!

He died right before my birthday. I posted about this on my twitter this morning & didnt get one reply (cuz Im a M fan account, not a personal account, but STILL) so I got a little pissed seeing no one responded to what I said here.. But Im relieved to read your reply now. I cant take it personally. I shouldnt even be mad at any of you cuz I love you all. Sorry for being a little emotional about it..

all I can say is I hope no one here has to experience losing a loved one when your country can't handle a pandemic. it's COLD.. 😞

Nikki i feel your loss for your loved one, i don’t read this thread much because this situation is really bad in my country and if affects me very deeply, i hope you are well and i wish you all the best. Love you.

6 hours ago, Nessie said:

Nikki i feel your loss for your loved one, i don’t read this thread much because this situation is really bad in my country and if affects me very deeply, i hope you are well and i wish you all the best. Love you.

It's okay. I understand. There's some threads here I don't really check either. I dont even know how Im doing honestly. Lots of ups and downs.

Thank you 🙂

On 12/21/2020 at 12:43 PM, eroticerotic said:

Wonder if fatigue is a bit of lockdown depression? so many things happening at once due to shutdown who knows !

I used to be late to bed/early to rise and always do something workout related pre shutdown. Now I wish I could stay in bed all day - I have to drag myself out whether I like it or not. I can't tell if it's shutdown fatigue or just how it is when you're over 40 :lol:

There’s part of this, I’m sure ! 
I keep complaining because I’m locked down at home, but when I have the chance to go out for a reason or another I do not want to and prefer to stay home,  :lol: