COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

On 5/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, karbatal said:

This is going to be the whole EU in 5 weeks. 

I doubt it

It depends in any case

Particularly for those countries that actually do enforce the law or at the very least discourage any type of COVID related misconduct.

Measures are being taken in several countries to make sure only a certain number of people can access beaches, whether privately run (easier) or free access ones

Can't they just give Summer 2020 a big MISS ???  I don't get it . Headlines - Thousands of deaths . Reality - People rushing to the beaches .

We are in Phase 2 with phase 3 easing being announced within this week .

I walked past many restaurants yesterday and a table for TWO has clear partition stand in the middle of a table .

People are putting on face mask ( with fashionable prints - not the N95 medical kind as they are for front liners ) and face shields ( have to be FDA approved design )

, disposable latex gloves galore.

If you're out WITHOUT a mask people will look at you like you have leprosy and you'll not be allowed into most places .Not into convenient stores , malls, restaurants

and most buildings .

My yoga studio is going to open next week but we have to keep our mats at 2 meters apart and the numbers of people will be limited ( from the usual 30 to 14 ) .

There will only be verbal correction and adjustment with no touching of any kind. Teacher will wear face shield / Mask . We have to bring our own towels / mats and

hygiene wipe / sanitizer

Until there's a vaccine this is life in Thailand .

For the first time since before my Madame X show in Paris was cancelled, I spent a workday in my actual office today 🙂

We obviously have lots of safety measures in place. For instance, meetings are to be held online or outdoors, multiple employees aren't allowed to use the same work station, and the canteen currently sells only food served in portions (no buffet)

13 hours ago, horn said:

Herd immunity I guess? :dazed: 

I think there has to be hundreds of thousands of deaths just to get herd immunity.

I fear this summer things will get difficult. But to be honest it's already 34 degrees in my city and we're all wearing masks. I hope people get used to wear it on holiday too.

7 hours ago, Msig said:

We obviously have lots of safety measures in place. For instance, meetings are to be held online or outdoors, multiple employees aren't allowed to use the same work station, and the canteen currently sells only food served in portions (no buffet)🙂

Congratulations on your first time back to your office! This is the way to do things properly unlike other countries that have dealt with (and still are) the health emergency recklessly

On 5/28/2020 at 3:59 AM, XXL said:

Congratulations on your first time back to your office! This is the way to do things properly unlike other countries that have dealt with (and still are) the health emergency recklessly

Thanks 😃

Most of my colleagues have opted to keep working from home 2-3 days a week for the next few months, but I need an ergonomically correct workstation, which I don't have at home.

Btw, the Danish government just announced a partial reopening of our borders. From 15 June, Denmark will open its borders to tourists from Iceland, Germany and Norway if they can prove that they have booked a minimum of six nights at at a hotel, holiday house or campside outside Copenhagen. Tourists from Finland and Sweden will most likely be allowed to enter Denmark later this summer, but tourists from other countries won't be allowed to enter Denmark until 31 August at the very earliest.

Similarly, Danish authorities no longer advice against travelling to non-urban areas in Iceland, Germany and Norway. However, until 31 August, Danish residents travelling to any other country will still be urged to self-quarantine for 14 days after returning to Denmark.

I see more and more scientists and health advisors to the UK govt are admitting that infections are still too high to ease the lockdown so soon. 8k a day in England alone. The govt have decided to go ahead anyway.

This should be interesting...

2 hours ago, Kim said:

I see more and more scientists and health advisors to the UK govt are admitting that infections are still too high to ease the lockdown so soon. 8k a day in England alone. The govt have decided to go ahead anyway.

This should be interesting...

I truly wonder what the UK leadership are thinking at the moment. Perhaps they are not thinking at all. Perhaps they are incapable of thinking altogether. I say the UK but maybe I should only say one quarter of it, England

They seem to be pressed for children to go back to school on Monday so that mummy and daddy can concentrate on their jobs, under the pretext of "children from disadvantaged backgrounds with no tablets being hurt the most" while they're stuck at home  🙄  As if they cared to begin with. 

They talk about lifting the lockdown but the curious thing is that they never had a proper lockdown in the first place, in England for sure (parks open, no mandatory masks, front line workers with no PPE, the elderly sent back to care homes to infect staff members and other guests) on top of having brought it in three weeks late and having allowed flights in and out of Britain till almost mid March when most other countries in Europe acted mid to late February on this front and as far as flights from China go, even late January. Ludicrous

I  still cannot get my head around the fact that those so called medical experts comprising Johnson's team were initially saying that they thought other European countries' approach to this emergency was wrong and that they'd rather wait for some sort of peak  :semifunny:

Squandered time. And these are the results, yet with this kind of infection data coming in they still have the nerve to talk about easying the lockdown and to justify and act so smugly about the entire Cummings affair. Branding it as a politicised controversy, never mind the total lack of transparency and accountability

A utter insult to people who are already suffering for several reasons on multiple fronts and that in the vast majority of cases acted in compliance with the rules THEY set out for them

On 5/28/2020 at 9:25 PM, XXL said:

Nope they should just cancel them and do a new line up, and not repeat the 2020 lineup, they missed their chance sorry next 

4 hours ago, XXL said:

I truly wonder what the UK leadership are thinking at the moment. Perhaps they are not thinking at all. Perhaps they are incapable of thinking altogether. I say the UK but maybe I should only say one quarter of it, England

They seem to be pressed for children to go back to school on Monday so that mummy and daddy can concentrate on their jobs, under the pretext of "children from disadvantaged backgrounds with no tablets being hurt the most" while they're stuck at home  🙄  As if they cared to begin with. 

They talk about lifting the lockdown but the curious thing is that they never had a proper lockdown in the first place, in England for sure (parks open, no mandatory masks, front line workers with no PPE, the elderly sent back to care homes to infect staff members and other guests) on top of having brought it in three weeks late and having allowed flights in and out of Britain till almost mid March when most other countries in Europe acted mid to late February on this front and as far as flights from China go, even late January. Ludicrous

I  still cannot get my head around the fact that those so called medical experts comprising Johnson's team were initially saying that they thought other European countries' approach to this emergency was wrong and that they'd rather wait for some sort of peak  :semifunny:

Squandered time. And these are the results, yet with this kind of infection data coming in they still have the nerve to talk about easying the lockdown and to justify and act so smugly about the entire Cummings affair. Branding it as a politicised controversy, never mind the total lack of transparency and accountability

A utter insult to people who are already suffering for several reasons on multiple fronts and that in the vast majority of cases acted in compliance with the rules THEY set out for them

I wish I knew what their end game is...

Certainly some of the latest lockdown announcements were rushed out to try and quell the Cummings controversy - one man's job over the health of a country.

The major issue is that the cabinet is made up of a bunch of incompetents who are unprepared for governance - who got their jobs solely based on being part of the vote leave brexit campaign and a Boris supporter. The old guard of the tory party (they were horrible cunts but at least they had some sense of duty and some experience in civil service and running a country) are all gone. Some of this lot were even fired from cabinet under previous administrations for national security breaches but Bozo brought them back

And of course Bozo himself - the ultimate grifter and shyster - completely unfit for office... all of it overseen by Cummings and his band of misfits and eugenicists.

Well, good luck at school on Monday kiddies.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:27 PM, Msig said:

Thanks 😃

Most of my colleagues have opted to keep working from home 2-3 days a week for the next few months, but I need an ergonomically correct workstation, which I don't have at home.

Btw, the Danish government just announced a partial reopening of our borders. From 15 June, Denmark will open its borders to tourists from Iceland, Germany and Norway if they can prove that they have booked a minimum of six nights at at a hotel, holiday house or campside outside Copenhagen. Tourists from Finland and Sweden will most likely be allowed to enter Denmark later this summer, but tourists from other countries won't be allowed to enter Denmark until 31 August at the very earliest.

Similarly, Danish authorities no longer advice against travelling to non-urban areas in Iceland, Germany and Norway. However, until 31 August, Danish residents travelling to any other country will still be urged to self-quarantine for 14 days after returning to Denmark.

👍

Very wise arrangements

You just gotta laugh when you hear the British government justifying its preposterous idea of reopening primary schools in two days citing Denmark's school reopenings as an example of something that works when there couldn't be any two more different situations structurally and in terms of size

Using other people's successes as an excuse to do what you should not be doing given they haven't made an effort to get things done right in the first place

Meanwhile diminishing other countries successes when it suits them, and the rate of infection has picked up again