COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

On 11/1/2020 at 3:31 AM, Nikki said:

sigh.. thnx for the support btw 😑 I guess people don't actually read everyone's posts. Or I wasn't clear enough. Thankfully I got a family and support that way, but I cant deny that this hurts a little

Sorry for your loss Nikki. :((

I’m guilty of not reading everyone’s posts and just read what people wrote etc 

♥️

On 11/1/2020 at 1:13 AM, Nikki said:

15 people at a funeral 😞 he LOVED people. he was so scared to die. he wasnt an introvert like me. if he knew about this it would crush him. 

I couldnt even see him anymore at the hospital. They promised they'd call if he got worse and that I could visit him, but they didnt. our last call was so.. blasé.. banal.. if only i knew. he sounded so great.. i never expected it to happen so quickly.. he seemed fine.

Has anyone been to the morgue to visit loved ones who died during corona? they put them in BAGS. They wrote "COVID" on the bag next to his face. They covered his mouth with a mask! It makes me so angry!!

He died right before my birthday. I posted about this on my twitter this morning & didnt get one reply (cuz Im a M fan account, not a personal account, but STILL) so I got a little pissed seeing no one responded to what I said here.. But Im relieved to read your reply now. I cant take it personally. I shouldnt even be mad at any of you cuz I love you all. Sorry for being a little emotional about it..

all I can say is I hope no one here has to experience losing a loved one when your country can't handle a pandemic. it's COLD.. 😞

I'm sorry Nikki 😞 

my condolescenses 

The Danish government is currently facing its biggest coronavirus-related crisis so far, after having illegally ordered the culling of all farmed mink to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

This has now resulted in the resignation of Denmark’s minister for food and fisheries.

America is full of fucking morons so this won't be going away for a while for us. I can't tell you how many times I have heard someone complaining about having to wear a mask. Like it's the hardest thing in the world. And then you have others that talk about their "rights" being violated because they are being told what to do. 

This country really is something else. 

Danish Study Questions Use of Masks to Protect Wearers
Masks prevent people from transmitting the coronavirus to others, scientists now agree. But a new trial failed to document protection from the virus among the wearers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/health/coronavirus-masks-denmark.html

12 minutes ago, Msig said:

Masks prevent people from transmitting the coronavirus to others, scientists now agree. But a new trial failed to document protection from the virus among the wearers.

Participants reported their own test results; mask use was not independently verified, and users may not have worn them correctly.

And also, did they wash their hands before having meal? when return home? before touching their face/eyes/nose?

9 minutes ago, horn said:

Participants reported their own test results; mask use was not independently verified, and users may not have worn them correctly.

And also, did they wash their hands before having meal? when return home? before touching their face/eyes/nose?

That's one of the reasons why the main conclusion of the study is that further research is needed.

15 hours ago, Barbie said:

America is full of fucking morons so this won't be going away for a while for us. I can't tell you how many times I have heard someone complaining about having to wear a mask. Like it's the hardest thing in the world. And then you have others that talk about their "rights" being violated because they are being told what to do. 

This country really is something else. 

THIS is exactly what is making me SO angry lately. I don't even have words...

21 hours ago, Msig said:

:rotfl:

Nordic countries can't stop embarrassing themselves during this pandemic 

I have to say though, I get it. I'm close with my family and Zoom calls ain't cuttin' it. I haven't seen any of them in real life since Covid began and as someone who lives alone it's been shockingly difficult, and I fully intend to fly for Xmas. The longer this goes on the harder it is for people.

So Laurie can miss me with her shaming.

A taboo? Jesus, what's wrong with these people. What's the harm? What's to lose? I can't figure out what they're actually fighting against.

Unfortunate scum like this weren't humbled by their own experiences...let alone by the deaths that have occurred under their watch. Where's the humanity?

13 hours ago, Junior said:

:electropop:

This cunt is the South American version of Dumpster who does not believe it climate change, supports deforestation of Amazon for $$$, manipulating COVID-19 numbers, downplaying the virus etc. :rolleyes: 

On 11/1/2020 at 4:18 AM, Nikki said:

I know the church often does ceremonies for people who died months and years later, but we've only done this to our grandparents who were very catholic. so I'll look into that. 

it's hard, especially considering his personality.. he was so outgoing, so social and eccentric. knowing he was so afraid to die, how even just this wednesday he expressed so much sadness about not seeing me grow older and how i wanted to avoid talking about it.. I knew he was dying, but not that day. it's gut wrenching indeed 😞 

the coming weeks will be hard. 

thanks for your kind words 💗 

Huge hugs !!!

Large parts of Denmark are going back into lockdown starting next Wednesday, for the time being up to and including 3 January 2021.

In 38 of 98 Danish municipalities (which are home to half of Denmark's population) ...

- On-premise teaching will be allowed only for preschool classes and years 1-4 of primary school. Years 5-9 of primary school will have to revert to 100 % online teaching - the same goes for secondary and higher education.

- Restaurants, cafés and bars must close. Only take-away and delivery services will be allowed.

- Indoor sports and recreational facilities must close.

- Public-sector workers in non-critical functions must work from home.

Additionally, all national measures already in effect will apply until at least 28 February 2021.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:19 PM, karbatal said:

It seems that Greece will start the vaccination at the end of January! Are we really this near the end? 

It would be so great

they are preparing us to spend Easter in quarantine ..the end is far

On 12/7/2020 at 1:00 PM, Msig said:

Large parts of Denmark are going back into lockdown starting next Wednesday, for the time being up to and including 3 January 2021.

In 38 of 98 Danish municipalities (which are home to half of Denmark's population) ...

- On-premise teaching will be allowed only for preschool classes and years 1-4 of primary school. Years 5-9 of primary school will have to revert to 100 % online teaching - the same goes for secondary and higher education.

- Restaurants, cafés and bars must close. Only take-away and delivery services will be allowed.

- Indoor sports and recreational facilities must close.

- Public-sector workers in non-critical functions must work from home.

Additionally, all national measures already in effect will apply until at least 28 February 2021.

I think that masks are to be mandatory in the street in all countries that had a soft approach to the virus during summer. Spain is a bit better now than others because we have been using masks on the street since June.

And sadly bars and restaurants are the clue. Once bars are closed or limited the cases fall dramatically.