The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

I would love her to have the top tour this year but if not then I'm going to be equally happy. She's been doing it for 30 years and still going strong and the fact that she has the drive and inspiration to put up a show like this after all this years, it's something to be grateful for and admire. Stop being so overdramatic!

Edited by shoecool

maybe tickets price change in the last days before the shows?

edit:

now that i look...for all shows...wasn't the most expensive ones more than 165$?

Some people have stated that for some reason, the highest priced tickets are not being included in the grosses this time around.

Don't know why/

Tele2 Arena Stockholm, Sweden Nov. 14, 2015 $3,482,634 39,338 / 39,338 1 / 1

O2 Arena Prague, Czech Republic Nov. 7-8, 2015 $3,001,142 33,408 / 33,408 2 / 2

Lanxess Arena Koln, Germany Nov. 4-5, 2015 $2,748,071 25,952 / 25,952 2 / 2

Mercedes-Benz Arena Berlin, Germany Nov. 10-11, 2015 $2,638,597 23,588 / 23,588 2 / 2

Wow! :clap: :clap:

Average gross : 1.7m per show :clap:

Oh she is SOOOOOOOOOO over . Am sure she's crying into ll of her Swiss / Off Shore Bank Accounts . And vast art collection. And her variousi business ventures.

This is tragic. Promoters are not happy because they are losing money. According to insiders at K420, if these average earnings per night don't boost up to $3 million then Live Nation may release her from her contract. That could be catastrophic to her future as not only a touring artist but a recording artist as well. Madonna seems optimistic though! A friend quotes her as saying "there's always Holiday Inns" if indeed things go south with LN. Madonna actually sees this as an opportunity, she knows fans have wanted a more "intimate" tour plus she wants to really start pursuing her interest in stand up comedy. What better way to make those wishes happen? Two American icons like Holiday Inn and Madonna teaming up is guaranteed to to boost the stock of both!

This is tragic. Promoters are not happy because they are losing money. According to insiders at K420, if these average earnings per night don't boost up to $3 million then Live Nation may

release her from her contract. That could be catastrophic to her future as not only a touring artist but a recording artist as well. Madonna seems optimistic though! A friend quotes her as saying "there's always Holiday Inns" if indeed things go south with LN. Madonna actually sees this as an opportunity, she knows fans have wanted a more "intimate" tour plus she wants to really start pursuing her interest in stand up comedy. What better way to make those wishes happen? Two American icons like Holiday Inn and Madonna teaming up is guaranteed to to boost the stock of both!

SHE LL DO FINE EVEN IN HER 90s

Guest Rachelle of London

This is tragic. Promoters are not happy because they are losing money. According to insiders at K420, if these average earnings per night don't boost up to $3 million then Live Nation may release her from her contract. That could be catastrophic to her future as not only a touring artist but a recording artist as well. Madonna seems optimistic though! A friend quotes her as saying "there's always Holiday Inns" if indeed things go south with LN. Madonna actually sees this as an opportunity, she knows fans have wanted a more "intimate" tour plus she wants to really start pursuing her interest in stand up comedy. What better way to make those wishes happen? Two American icons like Holiday Inn and Madonna teaming up is guaranteed to to boost the stock of both!

:dead:

Kurt!!! Insiders at K420

:dead:

She's over, I tell you, :dead:

I've heard that Madonna is in talks with Janet's manager for her next tour, she's planning something more intimate in hotel conference rooms and with a rehearsal leg, is that true?

I've heard that Madonna is in talks with Janet's manager for her next tour, she's planning something more intimate in hotel conference rooms and with a rehearsal leg, is that true?

:dead::dead:

:rotfl:

Kurt ! Your insiders at K420 :lmao:

It's true, with just 1 outfit / hairdo and unpaid interns (who will also be her dancers) to save money. It will smash!! Praying she comes to my school auditorium!!!

Tele2 Arena Stockholm, Sweden Nov. 14, 2015 $3,482,634 39,338 / 39,338 1 / 1

O2 Arena Prague, Czech Republic Nov. 7-8, 2015 $3,001,142 33,408 / 33,408 2 / 2

Lanxess Arena Koln, Germany Nov. 4-5, 2015 $2,748,071 25,952 / 25,952 2 / 2

Mercedes-Benz Arena Berlin, Germany Nov. 10-11, 2015 $2,638,597 23,588 / 23,588 2 / 2

Wow! :clap: :clap:

Average gross : 1.7m per show :clap:

Okay people, to put things into perspective I did some research to find out how the exchange rate dollar vs. euro etc influences the revenues. Please note that there are variables (mainly those expensive VIP tickets that are not reported to Billboard, at least that's what I understood from previous posts) that could change this a little but without access to those numbers you can only analyse what has been reported. Please also note that those numbers are solely based on revenues and therefore cannot give any indication on the profitability of this production since we have no access to the cost side of the accounting process. (Although it seems obvious that the show itself is certainly more cost effective than MDNA by stage design and setting alone). So here we go. I took a closer look at the Berlin and Sweden dates. Revenues in USD, in EUR. Average ticket price.

Berlin:

2012: Revenue in USD 3.679.378 vs. 2015: Revenue in USD 2.638.597 -> minus 28,5%

2012: Revenue in EUR 2.949.757 vs. 2015: Revenue in EUR 2.452.338 -> minus 17%

2012: AVR in USD 144,40 vs. 2015: AVR in USD 111,86 -> minus 32,5%

2015: AVR in EUR 116,07 vs. 2015: AVR ion EUR 104,31 -> minus 11,6%

Sweden:

2012: Revenue in USD 4.510.807 vs. 2015: Revenue in USD 3.482.634 -> minus 22,5%

2015: Revenue in SEK 31.287.408 vs. 2015: Revenue in SEK 30.052.045 -> minus 4% !!!!!!!!

2012: AVR in USD 123,68 vs. 2015: AVR in USD 88,53 -> minus 35,25%

2015: AVR in SEK 857,86 vs. 2015: AVR in SEK 763,94 -> minus 11%

As you can clearly see the stronger dollar lowers the USD numbers significantly. Interestingly the Sweden show almost made the same revenue in its local currency like the MDNA stop in 2012. Of course this compensation was only possible because of a higher number of tickets sold. The same cannot be said about Berlin which shows a variance of 17% because of a lower reported attendance and a lower AVR. The AVR has decreased by roughly 10%. A number which seems to be okay considering the market situation. Keep in mind that a) RH was not that big success, had no hit to rely on b) her reputation has been damaged since MDNA (late starts, not playing enough hits) c) (over) saturation of the market. It seems obvious that her team knew about the situation and therefore sold the show quite properly (some questionable decisions included, like selling the London dates at extreme prices). As I have said before, I'm convinced the cost side of the production has been adjusted to this situation. Therefore I have no doubts the RH tour will have a return of investment quite in line with the MDNA tour.

So I hope this was helpful to put some things into perspective at least when it comes to the factor currency exchange rate.

So, will she do a stadium tour again after RH?

Maybe I don't understand why the switch for this tour other than wanting to have a more intimate show. Seems hard to believe she wouldn't gross more than 200 million for a Tour. If RHT grosses less than the Confessions Tour then wtf happened lol

So, will she do a stadium tour again after RH?

Maybe I don't understand why the switch for this tour other than wanting to have a more intimate show. Seems hard to believe she wouldn't gross more than 200 million for a Tour. If RHT grosses less than the Confessions Tour then wtf happened lol

Her last two tours were stadium tours. It's not easy filling up 50,000 seats all the time, even if you're Madonna.