The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

this looks like this should be on par with the Confession Tour total which was also arenas. Didn't confessions earn close to 190. Not sure how many dates it had. Also factor in the economy. :)

Technically its a mixed venue tour despite the majority of the 60 shows being held in an arena 12 of the shows were held in stadiums and the Denmark show had over 80,000 in attendance for 1 show. So these 12 dates brought in big dollars $11m for the Denmark show so her average gross was boosted up higher.

Her last only arena tour was reinvention howver there was 1 date at slane castle with 60,000 in attendance so if we do count her last arena tour as reinvention its gross was $125m which she will beat but that was 11 years ago and the average ticket price were cheaper i believe so its really hard to compare.

Technically its a mixed venue tour despite the majority of the 60 shows being held in an arena 12 of the shows were held in stadiums and the Denmark show had over 80,000 in attendance for 1 show. So these 12 dates brought in big dollars $11m for the Denmark show so her average gross was boosted up higher.

Her last only arena tour was reinvention howver there was 1 date at slane castle with 60,000 in attendance so if we do count her last arena tour as reinvention its gross was $125m which she will beat but that was 11 years ago and the average ticket price were cheaper i believe so its really hard to compare.

thank you :) :) :)

a little off topic, could someone explain how U2 sells out 5 nights in a row in NYC and LA? I had no idea they were still so popular in the US

Their ticket prices are from $30 to $275, VIP packages aren't more than $600. Plus they are one of the biggest bands in music, they will always have a huge following.

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Has Now Grossed $80 Million

Madonna leads Billboard’s latest Hot Tours ranking (see list, below) with the newest reported box office sales data from her global trek.

The new Hot Tours tally includes grosses from 14 shows in eight markets during the European leg of the tour (see No. 1, below).

Box office revenue from all eight markets totals $22.6 million from 194,827 sold tickets at 14 performances. One venue, Turin, Italy’s Pala Alpitour, hosted the pop legend for three shows (Nov. 19, 21-22). Arenas in four cities, Barcelona, London, Amsterdam, and Paris, brought in the tour for two nights.

Overall sales from the Rebel Heart Tour now total $80 million from 45 concerts during the first two legs of the tour, through Dec. 10. 622,048 fans have seen the tour since the opening jaunt through North America that ran from Sept. 9 until Oct. 29. The run through Europe followed, kicking off on Nov. 4 in Germany. Billboard has received sales data from Europe through the two nights in Paris on Dec. 9 and 10. Revenue from shows in Zurich and three U.K. markets, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow, have yet to be reported from the fall leg.

The Rebel Heart Tour’s European leg wrapped on Dec. 20 in Glasgow. The tour will restart in North America on Jan. 6 in Mexico City for a pair of shows, before swinging back to the U.S. for eight performances. Following that, Madonna will play Puerto Rico, a series of Asian countries, first-ever shows in New Zealand, and her first tour of Australia in over 20 years. The tour is scheduled to close on March 20, 2016 in Sydney.

Madonna's previous tour, the 88-show MDNA Tour, raked in $305 million in 2012.

HOT TOURS - Dec. 22, 2015 Ranked by Gross. Compiled from Boxscores reported Dec. 15-21 Rank ACT Total Gross Show Date Range Show Venue/City (Shows/Sellouts) Total Attendance (Capacity)

1 MADONNA $22,645,983 Nov. 16-Dec. 10 Jyske Bank Boxen, Herning, Denmark (1/1) Pala Alpitour, Turin, Italy (3/3) Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona (2/2) Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium (1/1) SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany (1/1) O2 Arena, London (2/2) Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (2/2) AccorHotels Arena, Paris (2/2) 194,827 (194,827)

2 U2 $18,613,752 Nov. 6-Dec. 7 SSE Hydro, Glasgow, U.K. (2/2) AccorHotels Arena, Paris (4/4) SSE Arena, Belfast, U.K. (2/2) 3Arena, Dublin (4/4) 160,792 (160,792)

3 COLD CHISEL $1,848,640 Dec. 15-18 Qantas Credit Union Arena, Sydney (3/0) 27,005 (27,789)

4 ELTON JOHN $1,414,330 Dec. 19 Qantas Credit Union Arena, Sydney (1/1) 10,237 (10,237)

5 JOHN FARNHAM $470,803 Dec. 16 Qantas Credit Union Arena, Sydney (1/0) 6,089 (6,387)

6 TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA $465,686 Dec. 17 Verizon Arena, North Little Rock, Ark. (1/0) 8,725 (10,500)

7 CHRIS CORNELL $386,615 Dec. 3-4 Palais Theatre, Melbourne (2/1) 4,900 (5,549)

8 HEART $227,985 Nov. 15 Harrah's Resort Southern California, Events Center, Valley Center, Calif. (1/0) 2,205 (2,220)

9 ANDREW BIRD $183,918 Dec. 7-10 Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago (4/4) 3,917 (3,917)

10 THE ARCS $88,163 Dec. 2-3 The Vic, Chicago (2/0) 2,351 (2,800)

Yes ! Congrats !

I honestly think Madonna planned on adding more days at MSG since there was a lot of dates she could have easily filled up, but I guess the demand wasn't there for those asking about U2.

Might have something to do with the comment Madonna made on Stern when he said if she wanted to she could quit touring the world and just do MSG shows for a period of time and she said, "No. I think NY is sick of me."

Again people seem to forget that this is Madonna's sixth tour in 15 years and there are places in the states that she ALWAYS hits. Like no matter what tours Madonna goes on you know a place like NYC is always going to get dates, and at some point she obviously wont be drawing the same crowds each go around, because A. A lot of people and casual fans in this area have seen her already, and B. Many people that already saw her might like to go again but just cant afford it.

Maybe for Madonna's next tour she will have to cock tease us and claim it as a "Farewell" tour and do another all out stadium run so people feel like they HAVE to see her one last time. :lol:

On second thought maybe not. Farewell tours seem tacky as hell. Especially since most of them turn out to be anything but a "farewell".

Rock band in generale are bigger draw than Pop act, that has always been!

Not really. It always depends on which pop or rock act in question. It's like when you ask "who earns more money, a footballer or an actor?" It depends on which footballer and which actor. U2 are not even minimally doing better than Madonna is with her Rebel Heart Tour

Their tour took in $150m. Madonna is at $80m and still halfway through her run, therefore a very similar commercial performance. The difference is that U2 did multiple shows in most North American markets but their tour only focused on Europe and America. Madonna is doing dates in four continents

Their tours are obviously structured differently, it doesn't mean U2 have done better than she has at all

U2 made 150 mil from europe and USA alone.

U Can argue they did multiple dates, but that was due to a big demand, bigger than Madonna.

Had u2 extend the tour in AustraliAsia they would have easily surpassed Madge.

And if Madonna went to South America I doubt they would surpass her. Europe and the US aren't the whole world.

U2's going to continue the tour in 2016, they just take long breaks between legs.

U2's going to continue the tour in 2016, they just take long breaks between legs.

I believe that too.

As for Madonna .....I don' t know what could happen..... I so hope for a second leg regardless.

This is her best tour since Confession......

I don't think Madonna wants to push her touring to be #1. I believe she felt validated after all her hard work during sticky and sweet and she even pushed as hard as she could during MDNA. This tour is more relaxed for her. She's still going to be among the top tours of the year and probably add another tour to the top ten of best tours of all time knocking out someone else from their spot.

I believe that too.

As for Madonna .....I don' t know what could happen..... I so hope for a second leg regardless.

This is her best tour since Confession......

giphy.gif

she should just keep touring for three years with this show! lol like cher did with her farewell

That may be possibile, music scene has changed drastically, touring is where most of the $$$ come from nowdays (unless u re an Adele or Taylor Shit) so In this regard I see Madge concentrating doing more and more show in The future.....

I can't see M doing a tour more than 100 shows long. As much as I'd want her to continue the tour, I don't think it's happening.

I can't see M doing a tour more than 100 shows long. As much as I'd want her to continue the tour, I don't think it's happening.

she could do it easily...if she schedule it properly, 100 dates or more, taking breaks , doing 2 or 3 legs it becomes feasable.

Guest gang bang

this

U2 made 150 mil from europe and USA alone.

U Can argue they did multiple dates, but that was due to a big demand, bigger than Madonna.

Had u2 extend the tour in AustraliAsia they would have easily surpassed Madge.

I said "structured differently", meaning they will achieve the same result more or less, albeit through a different configuration. There is more demand for Madonna in Asia and Oceania than there is for U2. And likewise there was probably more demand for Bono & Co in North America. They share the same manager and the same touring deal.

Judging by the current figures nobody can honestly say U2 have fared better than she has on this touring outing. They have an average gross per date $100k higher (so far), the prices for Asia and Oceania are a different story from Europe and NA though so their average gross per date slight edge over her remains to be confirmed

Madonna filled two Yankee Stadiums + two MSG barely three years ago. U2 had an extra year of absence from the scenes as they hadn't toured since 2011