Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

7 hours ago, Junior said:

This made me tear up:cries:

Grieving husband of teacher killed in Texas school shooting has died, family says

Joe Garcia had been married to his high school sweetheart, Irma, for 24 years before she was gunned down at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.

May 26, 2022, 3:17 PM EDT

By Daniella Silva

The husband of one of the teachers killed in a Texas school shooting this week collapsed and died on Thursday while preparing for his wife's funeral, the family said.

Joe Garcia had been married to high school sweetheart, Irma Garcia, for 24 years before she was gunned down Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.

220525-irma-garcia-se-649p-d09fbc.jpg

Irma Garcia. Uvalde CISD

“I don’t even know how to feel. I don’t believe it. I don’t want to believe it” that Joe Garcia has passed away, Irma Garcia's nephew, John Martinez, told NBC News.

Irma Garcia and co-teacher Eva Mireles were both killed along with 19 children at the school that's about 85 miles west of San Antonio.

Her son, Christian Garcia, said a friend in law enforcement who was at the scene saw his mother shielding students during the rampage.

Martinez said he was told that Joe Garcia “went to go deliver flowers for Irma at the memorial for her."

"When he got home, he was at home for no more than three minutes after sitting down on a chair with the family. He just fell over. They tried doing chest compressions and nothing worked. The ambulance came and they couldn’t, they couldn’t bring them back.”

Martinez said he first learned the news from his younger brother.

“He called me and he said like, ‘Please pray for Joe.’ That’s all he told me," Martinez said. "And I said. 'What happened? 'And he was like, 'I don’t know. We don’t know yet.' And then I get a call I think, no more than 30 minutes later with him crying and saying he didn’t make it.”

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Omg this is too devastating 

ugh. This is really terrible. I keep saying it, but there needs to be stricter regulations on guns, they're too accessible. it's becoming too much of a regular occurrence, something just has to be done. I feel really sad for all the families. it's so heartbreaking to see this!

20 hours ago, horn said:

I mean how many mass shooting had taken place in the (recent) past?

People will show sympathy but will turn a blind eye and quickly move on 'cos none of the politician is willing to give up multi-billion dollar weapon sales.

Sometimes money speaks louder than gunshots . Unfortunately .

That Ted Cruz really is a piece of shit.

I'm also seeing lots of reports of how the cops messed up their response. Funny how they're not quite as quick to act in some situations...

I’ve watched some news that Facebook should be able to read private messages to avoid this things because the shooter had written about it.

I mean, HOW MANY STUPID IDEAS INSTEAD OF FORBIDDING THE SALES OF GUNS??????

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I’ve watched some news that Facebook should be able to read private messages to avoid this things because the shooter had written about it.

I mean, HOW MANY STUPID IDEAS INSTEAD OF FORBIDDING THE SALES OF GUNS??????

The crazy ideas and so called solutions to gun massacres is really making many American senators look stupid, cowardly and clueless.  Every other country in the world has mental health issues, violent video games and violent tv shows and movies shown.  Yet, only in America do these gun massacres occur over and over.  Just having proper background checks and banning powerful assault weapons would be a start but won't even pass the Senate.  

7 hours ago, Kim said:

I'm also seeing lots of reports of how the cops messed up their response. Funny how they're not quite as quick to act in some situations...

Ive been seeing videos of parents screaming and crying to officers, begging them to do something, while they hear gunshots.. it took 40 minutes before the cops went into the building. there's no words 😞

19 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Ive been seeing videos of parents screaming and crying to officers, begging them to do something, while they hear gunshots.. it took 40 minutes before the cops went into the building. there's no words 😞

Disgusting for sure. I have read that cops didn’t enter the school earlier because they knew the shooter had an AR-15 while they had regular guns. He would have taken them down as well if they had tried it with these conventional weapons.
Way to go USA, you can’t say gay or teach your kids about African American culture in some states but you can buy x-amount of semi automatic weapons used in war / combat situations without anyone raising any flags to go on a killing spree. Thoughts and prayers. 

10 hours ago, Kim said:

It get worse and worse as more details come out :mad:

There's no question that gun control is needed in this country, but even if every gun were to be removed tomorrow, there's still a cultural rot here in the U.S that goes way beyond guns. It was accelerated with the lockdowns, Covid, and all the madness of 2020 and it runs wide and deep within our society. Why are these young males so vicious, so angry? Where's the root of all it? 

You mix this rot in with accessible and unnecessary firearms and you have this toxic mix of violence that never seems to end and is getting worse with each passing year. It's horrifying. 

I remember the school shooting of 1996 and the ban of guns in the UK after this horrid incident...

Dunblane school massacre, event on March 13, 1996, in which a gunman invaded a primary school in the small Scottish town of Dunblane and shot to death 16 young children and their teacher before turning a gun on himself.

The gunman, Thomas Hamilton, lived in the town. On the day of the massacre, he drove into the school parking lot at about 9:30 in the morning. He cut the cables on a telephone pole and then entered the school, carrying four handguns and 743 rounds of ammunition and wearing shooting earmuffs. He fired a couple of shots as he made his way to the school gym, where teacher Gwen Mayor had just taken her 29 Primary 1 (equivalent to American kindergarten) students for their physical education class. Hamilton entered the gym and immediately opened fire, wounding physical education teacher Eileen Harrild and teaching assistant Mary Blake and injuring and killing several children. Harrild and Blake took shelter inside a cupboard in the gym, bringing as many children with them as they could, as Hamilton continued his fusillade. When an adult and an older student tried to look inside the gym to find out what was going on, Hamilton fired toward them and then left the gym, firing toward the library cloakroom and into a mobile classroom, where the students lay on the floor at their teachers’ instruction. Hamilton then returned to the gym, dropped the gun he had been using and chose another one, which he used to kill himself. The entire attack took place over a period of less than five minutes. Mayor and 15 children were killed outright, and another child died in the hospital. A further 15 people, the vast majority of them children were wounded.

A motive for the massacre was never established. Hamilton had become an assistant Boy Scout leader at the age of 20 but soon came under suspicion because of his behaviour toward boys. After further complaints, he was required to leave the Boy Scouts, which angered him. He repeatedly asked to be allowed to return, to no avail, and he wrote letters of protest to various government authorities, claiming persecution. In the meantime, he became a gun collector, and he organized several boys’ clubs, in which he taught shooting, gymnastics, and sports. Though his clubs were initially popular and well-attended, his reportedly strange behaviour as well as his apparently pedophilic activities eventually alienated club members and their parents, and the clubs shut down. Some reports also indicate that he had been turned down as a volunteer at Dunblane Primary School. Tennis star Andy Murray was a student at Dunblane when the slaughter took place, and he later said that he had attended Hamilton’s boys’ clubs as a child.

In the aftermath of the massacre, residents of Dunblane initiated the Snowdrop Campaign (named for the spring flower that was in bloom at the time of the mass shooting) to seek changes in British gun laws. The campaign’s petition gathered some 750,000 signatures, and a letter written by the mother of one of the slain children was printed in two national newspapers. In February 1997 Parliament responded by passing a law banning private ownership of handguns above .22 calibre, and in November 1997 the ban was extended to all handguns. In addition, security requirements for gun clubs were expanded. Following the passage of those laws, the incidence of gun killings in the U.K. dropped significantly.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Dunblane-school-massacre

On 5/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, Junior said:

The Senate is basically Republican controlled with fake Democrat Manchin. They refuse to vote in favor of nearly every single thing from him and Democrats. They’re worse than they were during the Obama years.

I think it is a little more nuanced. Manchin is from West Virginia and the only way a red state like that would elect a Democrat is if they were kind of Republican too. He voted for the recent Supreme Court justice which at least keeps a liberal in that seat. If we had a true Republican in the Senate (in Manchin's place), nothing would get passed and yet another conservative would be on the court which is already a pathetic 6-3 in favor of the right wing.

I feel like if liberals really want to win, they better start moving to red states and voting for the blue team. The blue states are doing the best they can with our current political structure.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, Flip The Switch said:

Well… 😕

I find it so sad that this has received hardly any attention. People getting killed going to a medical centre and the reaction seems to be that there is only 4 victims so not really newsworthy.   Heart breaking that this happened and heart breaking that is has hardly even been mentioned.  

Unfortunately I tick this will be the norm now. Unless people  in power do something about it . 

No-one is blinking an eye . Another Day Another Mass shooting .