Do cry for Argentina

karbatal

16 hours ago, jonski43 said:

And no surprise, he wants the Falkland Islands which is what every Argentine leader says when their economy tanks. 

40 years later its still a thing??? Wow! Talk about deflection!

20 hours ago, elijah said:

40 years later its still a thing??? Wow! Talk about deflection!

But everytime the argentinian people have the opportunity they talk about the Falklands! well, at least some kind of people...the song that became famous because of the world cup had a reference to them too

The far-right also won the election in Netherlands this week. Very bad week for the future of democracy in occident. All these dangerous clowns are elected following the disillusionment of the population and aim to change democracies into authoritarian regimes.

Alarming. But being from a country that elected Trump (and may yet again), I've come to the conclusion that the masses will not find the answers they hope for in these idiots, but they are so desperate for a massive change in society's structures, they are willing to blow everything up and see where the pieces fall.

Actually I think people vote AGAINST and not PRO. They vote Trump so “leftards” go to hell. They vote Milei for the same. They don’t care about the political program. 

During the campaign in Argentina they asked a woman about subsidies and she said “they are vital for people like me”, then they asked about her vote and she was pro Milei. “But he promised to cut all subsidies!” said the journalist and the woman laughed and said “I don’t care”. 

18 hours ago, Martin B. said:

The far-right also won the election in Netherlands this week. Very bad week for the future of democracy in occident. All these dangerous clowns are elected following the disillusionment of the population and aim to change democracies into authoritarian regimes.

I don’t know domestic but at EU level Netherlands was already far right.

On 11/24/2023 at 11:52 PM, karbatal said:

Actually I think people vote AGAINST and not PRO. They vote Trump so “leftards” go to hell. They vote Milei for the same. They don’t care about the political program. 

I think there is some of that in the U.S. but that's largely a narrative from the media. Most people who lean right but aren't necessary Kool Aid drinkers, are so fed up with everything I think they believe shock treatment is the only option remaining. Unfortunately, that is not going to help them.

This really

On 11/25/2023 at 2:52 AM, karbatal said:

During the campaign in Argentina they asked a woman about subsidies and she said “they are vital for people like me”, then they asked about her vote and she was pro Milei. “But he promised to cut all subsidies!” said the journalist and the woman laughed and said “I don’t care”. 

That is so fucked up. 

It is crazy how Milei has been elected, and I really feel that US is staring @ a real possibility of Trump being back in power... 

• 5 weeks later...