The vaccine is here 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽😄😄😄

karbatal

I registered for the vaccine. All appointments are booked as of now, but teachers will become eligible on March 15. I am required back to work in April for in person instruction so I hope to get it done by then. 

10 minutes ago, Junior said:

Fabulous. They botched the response but have nailed the rollout. Canada is embarrassingly behind and the EU has been all over the place as well.

Well I wonder how Biden is getting so many vaccines being only 6 weeks in the presidency and the EU, funding the research and ordering the future vaccines already in June 2020 is not getting them. 

Frankly, it's obvious what's happening. And the EU is being silent because solving the Trump mess with imports/exports seems to be more important. 

Very easy. The US (just as the UK) does have an export stop. Nothing that is produced in the US is leaving the US. America First. And Trump is not even in power anymore. I don't expect the US to send part of their production to Europe. We have our own factories. But what about Canada, what about Middle and South America? People, should always remember when dealing with the US on any level, that whatever the US says or does, how much they pretend to act in the interest of other nations, they don't. Never have, never will. 

3 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Very easy. The US (just as the UK) does have an export stop. Nothing that is produced in the US is leaving the US. America First. And Trump is not even in power anymore. I don't expect the US to send part of their production to Europe. We have our own factories. But what about Canada, what about Middle and South America? People, should always remember when dealing with the US on any level, that whatever the US says or does, how much they pretend to act in the interest of other nations, they don't. Never have, never will. 

And EU continues to export vaccines to USA/UK still. I cant understand why really.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

And EU continues to export vaccines to USA/UK still. I cant understand why really.

Because they are pussies. Appalling at the end of the day and just shows you why liberals are easy to be fucked over all the time. 

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

I don't think we are exporting to UK and USA. 

First time I read that. Is that true?

I would like to believe the UK uses the BionTech/Pfizer vaccine as well. From my knowledge, this vaccine is only produced in Belgium and Germany. Unless there is a plant in the UK, the vaccine must have been exported from the UK. 

And when Italy blocked a single time some exportation of vaccines there was outrage against the EU :rotfl:

I just can't with the hypocrisy of some countries. This health crisis has made me even more pro EU than before.

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

The EU has massively mishandled the vaccination thing.

I think the EU had a grey area in the contract and pharmas are taking advantage. 

Let's see if in April come all the vaccines bought and paid months ago.

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Well my Mum and Dad got theirs last month 🙏 - and i don't really care WHERE it came from!

Yeah!!!!!

My dad is waiting. As soon as he is vaccinated he will go back to the dancing lessons 😄

Old people are so sweet.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:31 AM, Kim said:

Well my Mum and Dad got theirs last month 🙏 - and i don't really care WHERE it came from!

On 3/14/2021 at 7:43 AM, karbatal said:

Yeah!!!!!

My dad is waiting. As soon as he is vaccinated he will go back to the dancing lessons 😄

Great news Kim. 👍   Karbatal, hope your Dad  is vaccinated soon. 

I'm not sure about anyone else but I had mine yesterday and I can honestly say I have never been so ill in a long time.

Started off with an ache where it was administered, followed by full body aches, cold sweats and a thumping headache 6-7 hours later. I also had a series of temperature changes going from freezing to hot within minutes. It certainly wasn't a "slight fever".  Still have a slight headache 12 hours later, and I have to get the second dose in two weeks time, but I'm kind of dreading it. lol

Getting mine tomorrow. Several friends have had fever and chills the next day but they're normally gone the day after that. 

My mother was fine after her first. They say the older you are, the fewer side effects a you've more general resistance.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:11 AM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I would like to believe the UK uses the BionTech/Pfizer vaccine as well. From my knowledge, this vaccine is only produced in Belgium and Germany. Unless there is a plant in the UK, the vaccine must have been exported from the UK. 

We're using Pfizer as well but most people i know have AZ. 

5 hours ago, Crux said:

I'm not sure about anyone else but I had mine yesterday and I can honestly say I have never been so ill in a long time.

Started off with an ache where it was administered, followed by full body aches, cold sweats and a thumping headache 6-7 hours later. I also had a series of temperature changes going from freezing to hot within minutes. It certainly wasn't a "slight fever".  Still have a slight headache 12 hours later, and I have to get the second dose in two weeks time, but I'm kind of dreading it. lol

Oh no I hope you are feeling better. Which vaccine did you get?

I just got my first dose of Moderna a few days ago.

No real side effects except a little soreness next day at injection site...and I had a slight headache that evening, but I've already been dealing with a little sinus issue (and I already normally get migraines), so it kind of felt like it may have slightly increased what I was already dealing with. By the next morning, I felt fine.

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I just got my first dose of Moderna a few days ago.

No real side effects except a little soreness next day at injection site...and I had a slight headache that evening, but I've already been dealing with a little sinus issue (and I already normally get migraines), so it kind of felt like it may have slightly increased what I was already dealing with. By the next morning, I felt fine.

Moderna sisters ❌

same no side effects besides sore arm that crept up later that night and into the next day, but other than that was fine.

With regards to the article, several people I know who had the virus had mild symptoms as described after the first dose. My friend had flu like symptoms for about 2 days and my co-worker had fatigue and body aches for about a day. I’m a little worried about the 2nd dose but praying for the best.