The vaccine is here πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

karbatal

1 hour ago, horn said:

In what way?Β 

Nurse tests positive for COVID-19 week after getting vaccine; experts remind shot needs time to work

The later part has already explained the cause.

If they didn't put "experts remind shot needs time to work", then it's a valid click bait.

Oh I read too fast! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Sorry babe

8 hours ago, karbatal said:

You are lucky πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

It's going EXTREMELY slow in Spain and some EU countries. Once again science success and politicians fail.

Thank You, I work at a hospital so i am fortunate to have access to the vaccine this early. Β It’s very slow here in the US as well. Β 

Disneyland will become a β€˜super site’ for COVID-19 vaccinations
It will be the first in Orange County, California

By Justine Calma@justcalma Β Jan 12, 2021, 12:26pm EST

Disneyland Resort will become the first mass vaccination site for COVID-19 vaccine distribution in Orange County, California. By late this week, thousands of people will be able to get vaccinated at the so-called β€œhappiest place on Earth” each day. Disneyland will be the first of five similar sites in the region.

β€œCoronavirus has brought both a public health crisis and economic devastation. With this super site, we will begin to overcome both,” Harry Sidhu, the mayor of Anaheim, where Disneyland is located, said in a statement. β€œEvery vaccination done in Anaheim will help to save lives and speed the reopening and recovery of our city.”

Southern California is reeling from a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths over the past month as it’s become the epicenter of the pandemic. Roughly one in six residents tested in Orange County has tested positive for the novel coronavirus in the past seven days. In neighboring Los Angeles County, it’s one in five.

Each person vaccinated is one fewer resident at risk of becoming sick, bringing us one step closer to achieving herd immunity. So officials across the world have turned to stadiums and fairgrounds as part of their plans to ramp up vaccinations. LA’s Dodger Stadium will stop providing COVID-19 tests and switch to administering vaccinations by Friday. Seven mass vaccination sites have already opened up this week in the UK, where the first authorized vaccine was administered, CBS reported.

Correction 5:33PM ET: An earlier version of this story said vaccinated people have a lower risk of spreading COVID-19. While vaccinations bring the world closer to achieving herd immunity, there is not enough data yet to prove that these vaccines can lower transmission.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/12/22227073/disneyland-super-site-covid-19-vaccinations-california

@BillΒ AreΒ you excited? :rosey:Β 

38 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

according to reportsΒ 23 deaths after vaccination with Pfizer's vaccine are under investigation in Norway

Yes, I've read the Norwegian Medicine Agency recommends that very old and frail people don't get the vaccine. Apparently the light fever after the shot was lethal for them.

It's 23 people out of 25.000. I wonder If it's a number considered normal for a vaccine.Β 

I recently quit my job, but I'mΒ Β assumingΒ I will get vaccinated once I get hiredΒ because I work In the healthcare field.

I just hope the governments don't f**k upΒ and leave most of us waiting too long.

I’m an essential worker. I’mΒ on a 3 month waiting list to get the 1st shot of theΒ vaccine. Β :manson:Β Fucking Trump has horribly botchedΒ the vaccine rollout just like how he handled Covid the past year. Hopefully once Biden takes office there is real action taken on a national level.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

There's an absolute scandal about to burst regarding Pfizer and Aztrateca. They will reduce the number of vaccines for the EU up to 60%. Italy will sue and Ursula Von der Leyen is looking for an explanation. It's rumouredΒ they have sold the vaccines to some third country who paid much more.Β 

Let's see how this develops.Β 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

There's an absolute scandal about to burst regarding Pfizer and Aztrateca. They will reduce the number of vaccines for the EU up to 60%. Italy will sue and Ursula Von der Leyen is looking for an explanation. It's rumouredΒ they have sold the vaccines to some third country who paid much more.Β 

Let's see how this develops.Β 

So, the EU is guaranteed to go first and "third world" countries who can afford to pay more have to wait longer? :lmao:Β 

6 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

So, the EU is guaranteed to go first and "third world" countries who can afford to pay more have to wait longer? :lmao:Β 

I said third country, not third world country!!!!!! :lol:

The EU bought the vaccines in October. It's a contract.

9 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

That still doesn't make sense. I've seen or read nowhere that pharmaceuticals agreed or made a pledge to prioritize supplying the EU first before other countries. But ok.

They are trying to get away with it claiming there will be "renovation" in the plant in Belgium. But Queen Ursula is not easily fooled.

10 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

That still doesn't make sense. I've seen or read nowhere that pharmaceuticals agreed or made a pledge to prioritize supplying the EU first before other countries. But ok.

And don't get me wrong, I'm FULLY aware at how unfair is that rich areas areΒ monopolizing the vaccine. Wasn't it like.95% of the vaccines? It's really unfair and it shows how this virus is NOT precisely any equaliser.