The vaccine is here πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

karbatal

Can't wait for my hubby to be fully vaccinated so I can wear in my shop the surgical masks and not the FPP2 ones. It's horrible being in a flower shop and not being able to enjoy the wonderful smell.

458EB182-1DD1-40CE-BA94-D9BDC7BCFA9F.jpeg
Β 

Africa is in the deadliest stage of its pandemic, with little prospect of relief. The Delta variant is sweeping across the continent, and only about 1% of Africans are fully vaccinated. The African Union’s goal of getting 20% of the population vaccinated by the end of 2021 seems out of reach. Rich nations have bought up most doses long into the future, often far more than they could conceivably need. Meanwhile, supplies to African countries are unlikely to increase much in the next few months.Β 

Read more: https://nyti.ms/3knISoN

Β 

So they got the virus when they were near each other without mask?Β 

Isn't that well known in countries where it's mandatory to wear masks in the street outside?Β 

Really, it's not April 2020 anymore. Wear a fuckimg mask outside your home!Β 

New data from Israel and the United Kingdom painted a confusing and contradictory picture on Thursday as to the effectiveness of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine in fighting off the Delta variant of the coronavirus.

New Health Ministry statistics indicated that, on average, the Pfizer shot β€” the vaccine given to nearly all Israelis β€” is now just 39% effective against infection, while being only 41% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID. Previously, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was well over 90% effective against infection.

Meanwhile, a new UK study published this week in The New England Journal of Medicine found the same vaccine to be 88% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID β€” more than twice the rate found in the Israeli data.

Infos are recently very confusing. Coming from bona fide sources.Β 

It seems though that mortality is sinking, which is what is important here.

Careful though with big pharma intentions. More shots mean zillions of money.

I have read, theΒ Israeli study should be taken with a grain of salt. Because the study was hardly a comprehensive one and the results are most likely misleading. They somehow only had data taken from areas with the hightest infection rates in Israel and the study is not across all age brackets, again only from the age group with the highest risk to be infected. Also, double vaccinated people were not involved.Β 

The UK study was much more comprehensive.Β 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:26 PM, karbatal said:

Infos are recently very confusing. Coming from bona fide sources.Β 

It seems though that mortality is sinking, which is what is important here.

Careful though with big pharma intentions. More shots mean zillions of money.

I agree with you three ideas here.

The only thing that I can add is that Africa and other places in the world are being forgotten one more time, so the mortality is only sinking in Β part of the planet

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, rebelheart said:

I had my 2nd Pfizer dose last week & had no side effects except a sore arm (same as 1st dose).

Anyway very happy to be fully vaccinated now that Covid is here to stay...

lucky you !

My 1st dose was ok, my 2nd I felt bad and slept all day. It was even worst for my boyfriend. Must say we got COVID a year ago, I think that's why the side effects were so intense.Β 

9 hours ago, runa said:

lucky you !

My 1st dose was ok, my 2nd I felt bad and slept all day. It was even worst for my boyfriend. Must say we got COVID a year ago, I think that's why the side effects were so intense.Β 

Sorry to hear you have had Covid, hope you & your boyfriend have made a full recovery!!

On 10/18/2021 at 7:32 AM, promise to try said:

a month after I had the vaccine, I have started haviong headaches: is it normal? I had the johnson and johnson one

I had the same and I didn't have symptoms. Maybe you have allergies?

Vaccines work.Β 

In Aragon, Spain, where I live, we are already above 90% vaccinated and there are like 2 cases a day only! It seems we reached herd immunity.Β 

The trick was to vaccinate really fast the segment of 12-18 year olds, expert say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.reuters.com/world/refugees-lack-covid-shots-because-drugmakers-fear-lawsuits-documents-2021-12-16/?fbclid=IwAR37M9qc1SMV7FtebvH9vKQmWQfKoKYajyarE5WrQKxC3Mfmyp7e3KODO2E

The Great Reboot

Refugees lack COVID shots because drugmakers fear lawsuits, documents show

BRUSSELS/BANGKOK, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Tens of millions of migrants may be denied COVID-19 vaccines from a global programme because some major manufacturers are worried about legal risks from harmful side effects, according to officials and internal documents from Gavi, the charity operating the programme, reviewed by Reuters.

4 hours ago, sotos8 said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/refugees-lack-covid-shots-because-drugmakers-fear-lawsuits-documents-2021-12-16/?fbclid=IwAR37M9qc1SMV7FtebvH9vKQmWQfKoKYajyarE5WrQKxC3Mfmyp7e3KODO2E

The Great Reboot

Refugees lack COVID shots because drugmakers fear lawsuits, documents show

BRUSSELS/BANGKOK, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Tens of millions of migrants may be denied COVID-19 vaccines from a global programme because some major manufacturers are worried about legal risks from harmful side effects, according to officials and internal documents from Gavi, the charity operating the programme, reviewed by Reuters.

Wow what a POORLY written article. I had to reach the ending to understand which were the risks:Β 

"

It would be hard to continuously monitor vaccines for safety in refugee camps, and delivery is logistically very challenging and not suitable for all types, said the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), which represents large pharmaceutical companies in Europe.

People may blame vaccines for problems that emerge afterwards even if they are unrelated, it said.".Β