COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

15 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

That's not depressing at all is it ??? My UK friends have divided into two camps .For Boris and Against Boris but not into Labour either . 

Well my only consolation is that Scotland can continue down a different path, and I hope we do.

Maybe N.Ireland can find the backbone to stop stop being a colony and join the rest of their country, and I don't know much about Wales politically except they still seem to have an affinity for Labour despite it getting them nowhere for decades -  which leaves England  to continue down the path of becoming the gross infected arsehole of Europe if they so choose.

A sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

39 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well my only consolation is that Scotland can continue down a different path, and I hope we do.

Maybe N.Ireland can find the backbone to stop stop being a colony and join the rest of their country, and I don't know much about Wales politically except they still seem to have an affinity for Labour despite it getting them nowhere for decades -  which leaves England  to continue down the path of becoming the gross infected arsehole of Europe if they so choose.

A sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

I think that will happen sooner than we think because of the UK government's piss poor management of Covid-19 as well as Brexit .

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Well my only consolation is that Scotland can continue down a different path, and I hope we do.

I hope Scotland is soon back in EU where it belongs. Like a real, responsible member (like Ireland), which role UK prevented it from playing sofar.

18 minutes ago, elijah said:

I hope Scotland is soon back in EU where it belongs. Like a real, responsible member (like Ireland), which role UK prevented it from playing sofar.

Well I suspect there will be no referendum granted again for an Indy vote (because unlike last time the polls show it might actually happen), so whatever form it takes, when the time comes for EU countries to recognise the right for Scotland to secede the UK, I hope they give their support instead of sitting on the fence ( I gather the SNP are already working behind the scenes on this anyway)

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well I suspect there will be no referendum granted again for an Indy vote (because unlike last time the polls show it might actually happen), so whatever form it takes, when the time comes for EU countries to recognise the right for Scotland to secede the UK, I hope they give their support instead of sitting on the fence ( I gather the SNP are already working behind the scenes on this anyway)

I think EU would take a stand this time for Scotland. And EU should already have bend the rules or approve a new rule so that if Scotland seceded from UK ,when Brexit would not have been final, Scotland would have remained a member. And yes, I agree, EU should have shown a bigger support to Scotland.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Kim said:

It would be great. I can't imagine how sad it must be to be taken out of the EU by a government that doesn't represent your country. There's lots of nationalism tensions right now in the EU but Scotland's situation is particularly dramatic. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:10 PM, Junior said:

“Give me liberty or give me Covid!” 😷

On 5/25/2020 at 2:49 AM, XXL said:

Scary

On 5/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, Junior said:

Don’t these crowds of fools have elderly family members they care about? 

tenor.gif

6079b3ddd76c1e21792b01121fe3c512.gif

This shit drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The amount of people I see on social media flocking back to beaches and lakes and restaurants is fucking INSANE. It's like, people just think 'hey, it's summer. Fuck it.' Like the whole thing is over.
No social distancing. No masks. No nothing. WTF?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :censored::ohmy::censored:
Quite amazing how utterly selfish and careless humans are...

I'm truly at the point where I don't think we are intelligent enough anymore as a species to survive...anything.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Most people seem to be over Corona as if it was some other piece of news. Stupid society. The virus is there. 

Probably because most governments have decided (been instructed) to now put the economy first over health (with the straw man argument that an economic downturn will lead to even worse health outcomes than covid ) so all the messages have been diluted -  it's a risky strategy if a huge second wave hits.

46 minutes ago, Kim said:

Probably because most governments have decided (been instructed) to now put the economy first over health (with the straw man argument that an economic downturn will lead to even worse health outcomes than covid ) so all the messages have been diluted -  it's a risky strategy if a huge second wave hits.

Agree

I just hope masks and a bit of common sense is enough this time. The only good news is that a second wave comes, governments have at least enough material

17 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

tenor.gif

6079b3ddd76c1e21792b01121fe3c512.gif

This shit drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The amount of people I see on social media flocking back to beaches and lakes and restaurants is fucking INSANE. It's like, people just think 'hey, it's summer. Fuck it.' Like the whole thing is over.
No social distancing. No masks. No nothing. WTF?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :censored::ohmy::censored:
Quite amazing how utterly selfish and careless humans are...

I'm truly at the point where I don't think we are intelligent enough anymore as a species to survive...anything.

IKR  👍

But British media was to worried with this kind of titles rather than questioning their own government demential Comedy Central handling of this emergency, then and even more today. The BBC top of the list

Isn't it ironic?

So 6,000 people have attended two raves here in the North West of the UK. This area is still suffering higher rates of infection too with an R rate above 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53040827 

However, Boris' handling of the crisis has meant that his approval rating is dropping and new leader of the opposition, Kier Starmer, is climbing to the highest of an opposition leader in decades.

Friend told me that Tories thinking of getting rid of Boris and replacing him with Sunak.

Spain may quarantine British visitors in response to UK policy

Foreign minister says coronavirus situation worse in UK as Spain reopens borders

Spain is considering introducing a quarantine rule for UK visitors when the country reopens its borders to EU and Schengen area members on Sunday, the foreign minister has said.

Arancha González Laya said the measure was being considered in response to the British government’s decision to require all international arrivals into the UK, including returning British residents, to self-isolate for 14 days.

“We will be checking what the UK will be doing and we will be in dialogue with the UK to see whether or not we should be introducing reciprocity as they have different measures than the rest of the EU,” she said on the BBC’s Hardtalk programme

New Zealand ends Covid-free run with two cases from UK

Pair drove nearly 650km to visit dying parent after being released early from quarantine but officials claim public were not at risk

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/new-zealand-records-first-new-covid-19-cases-after-women-arrive-from-uk-carrying-virus

New Zealand has recorded its first new cases of coronavirus for 24 days after two women who arrived in the country from Britain were found to be infected.

The pair were released early from government quarantine and permitted to drive from the city of Auckland to Wellington, the capital – nearly 650km away – before being diagnosed or even tested, health officials said.

Their trip was an approved exemption from the mandatory isolation period for new arrivals to the country in order to visit a dying parent. The women had “done everything right” and had not put other members of the public at risk, said Ashley Bloomfield, New Zealand’s director-general of health, on Tuesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/spain-coronavirus-quarantine-rules-british-holidaymakers-a9567921.html

While Spain’s existing self-isolation requirement is due to be lifted on Sunday for many nationalities, the government in Madrid is indignant that its citizens must quarantine on arrival in Britain – even though Spanish rates of infection are much lower.

istock-875273240.jpg?w968

Spain is the favourite overseas destination for UK holidaymakers.

Arancha Gonzalez Laya told HardTalk: “We will be checking what the UK will be doing.

“We will be in dialogue with the UK to see whether or not we should be introducing reciprocity as they have different measures than the rest of the EU.”

There is general bemusement in many European countries that the UK introduced quarantine at a time when its infection rates are much higher than those in almost all other countries.

:chuckle:

7 hours ago, rebelvvv said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/coronavirus-antibodies-may-last-only-2-to-3-months-after-infection-study-suggests.html

Also why running around maskless and jetsetting is reckless and irresponsible on Madonna's part.

Madonna is not our mother. We don't need examples to know what is right or what is wrong. We're not 9 year olds. 

If Madonna's doctors told her that she has antibodies and doesn't need a mask, she doesn't have to set any example. That study says that and others say it's lifetime antibodies. 

1 hour ago, runa said:

37 people. Talk about a real scientific study.  :rolleyes:

Better than walking around on a prayer and zero scientific basis for arrogant behavior with children, but whatever floats your boat.  It's Darwinism at this point.

17 hours ago, karbatal said:

Madonna is not our mother. We don't need examples to know what is right or what is wrong. We're not 9 year olds. 

If Madonna's doctors told her that she has antibodies and doesn't need a mask, she doesn't have to set any example. That study says that and others say it's lifetime antibodies. 

True, she should decide for herself like all the others do.