COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Kim said:

I wish I knew what their end game is...

Certainly some of the latest lockdown announcements were rushed out to try and quell the Cummings controversy - one man's job over the health of a country.

Totally

Pretty scary when you think of it

You'd believe stuff like this with zero accountability and outright lies and big fuck yous to the public belonged to uncivilised countries not to the nation that has birthed the Magna Charta and the first parliament in European history some 800 years ago

On 5/30/2020 at 9:17 PM, Kim said:

I wish I knew what their end game is...

Certainly some of the latest lockdown announcements were rushed out to try and quell the Cummings controversy - one man's job over the health of a country.

The major issue is that the cabinet is made up of a bunch of incompetents who are unprepared for governance - who got their jobs solely based on being part of the vote leave brexit campaign and a Boris supporter.

The old guard of the tory party (they were horrible cunts but at least they had some sense of duty and some experience in civil service and running a country) are all gone. Some of this lot were even fired from cabinet under previous administrations for national security breaches but Bozo brought them back

Yes, I've always had the impression that compared to these clowns even Theresa May and ministers from her government, from the health secretary to the head of the foreign office were much more prepared and professional than this crazy bunch now in power. And that says it all

I just don't understand why Conservatives won again in December and even won the vote of usually Labour supporting voters, and won after three years of a Tory led parliament squabbling over Brexit with zero tangible results and international ridicule

I cannot believe they overwhelmingly voted for Bozo because people in the UK are overwhelmingly in favour of Brexit getting done

Was Corbyn's rep tarnished by Labour Party's anti-Semitic "scandal", was he just too weak to counteract Tory policies and their "vision" for Britain?

I thought many of his foreign policy ideas were largely valid and on point, in that the UK should not be the US lapdog venturing into endless wars etc

5 hours ago, GOD said:

Nope they should just cancel them and do a new line up, and not repeat the 2020 lineup, they missed their chance sorry next 

:laugh:

On 5/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, XXL said:

I just don't understand why Conservatives won again in December and even won the vote of usually Labour supporting voters, and won after three years of a Tory led parliament squabbling over Brexit with zero tangible results and international ridicule

I cannot believe they overwhelmingly voted for Bozo because people in the UK are overwhelmingly in favour of Brexit getting done

Was Corbyn's rep tarnished by Labour Party's anti-Semitic "scandal", was he just too weak to counteract Tory policies and their "vision" for Britain?

I thought many of his foreign policy ideas were largely valid and on point, in that the UK should not be the US lapdog venturing into endless wars etc

As a Scot, i really can't speak for the mindset of a country that keeps voting Tory, but from the outside looking in...

The leave vs remain debate seems to have infiltrated into everything political with all nuance lost, that included the election with political manifestos taking second place to what amounted to a rerun of the Brexit referendum. This is even starting to creep into the Covid situation and is no coincidence. Divide and conquer.

Effective targeting of specific social groups (traditional Labour voters) by the same shady 'vote leave' cabal (Cummings et al) Exactly how the people of deprived English towns and cities still suffering from a decade of austerity were fooled into thinking Bozo and chums gave a shit about them is anyone's guess.

The Labour party was split and shambolic, Corbyn as a communicator was useless and the media ramped up the antisemitism and "communist" stuff to ridiculous levels, especially the oligarchs that own the print media who were terrified of a Corbyn labour govt.

Also, never forget that England is traditionally a Tory country; Labour govts are a blip and as they never affect any real change, are always temporary.

So I see England are now telling their "shielded" population  (those most at risk of infection) that they can go out and about from tomorrow.

Am I missing something? has a vaccine been found?

19 hours ago, Kim said:

Effective targeting of specific social groups (traditional Labour voters) by the same shady 'vote leave' cabal (Cummings et al) 

Exactly how the people of deprived English towns and cities still suffering from a decade of austerity were fooled into thinking Bozo and chums gave a shit about them is anyone's guess

And the funny thing is that that whole austerity game came from the Tory party in the first place. Although left parties in Europe, Italy included, played the same nasty game based on basic falsehood.

And then people were surprised at public health services being unable to face the COVID emergency properly, after a decade of relentless cuts. Same for the education sector. Those are areas no government should ever make cuts on

I cannot bear to listen to David Cameron saying he was never pro Brexit and that he didn't think that the British public, albeit by a 2% margin, would vote leave.

Meanwhile he got those publishing deals and can live off his previous and more recent wealth for the rest of his days. Such a delicate issue should never have been put to the public to begin with

19 hours ago, Kim said:

The Labour party was split and shambolic, Corbyn as a communicator was useless and the media ramped up the antisemitism and "communist" stuff to ridiculous levels, especially the oligarchs that own the print media who were terrified of a Corbyn labour govt.

Also, never forget that England is traditionally a Tory country; Labour govts are a blib and as they never affect any real change, are always temporary.

I see

I get the argument that he was a bad communicator but I thought the anti-Semitic propaganda fuelled by the media was in fact a demonisation process to boost up Tories chances. The power of the press indeed

Also, I never knew England in particular is a traditionally Tory country. Good to know  👍

Come to think of it, judging by Tony Blair's policies you could argue that Tories were actually running the country 1997-2010  :laugh: just the same

18 hours ago, Kim said:

So I see England are now telling their "shielded" population  (those most at risk of infection) that they can go out and about from tomorrow.

Am I missing something? has a vaccine been found?

Vaccine?

They just have a fervid imagination

And basically they only care about the short term

£££

They don't even have a plan to begin with

17 hours ago, karbatal said:

:clap: 

It's been hard but we made it!!!!

Congratulations!

Now all Brits coming into Spain should be quarantined and not the other way around as the demented Johnson cabinet's logic seems to suggest.

Only countries with similar COVID related  numbers should be welcomed.

Obviously I'm exaggerating but the truth is when you think about some of the appalling decisions and the ridicule they expose themselves to you just gotta laugh.

It's like the current crop of crap UK politicians (bar Nicola Sturgeon) live in Alice's Wonderland or something. Pre emergency, during the emergency and right after it, assuming they've even reached the AFTER part yet

18 hours ago, karbatal said:

:clap: 

It's been hard but we made it!!!!

Yeah ! Spain and Italy had like one of the toughest lockdowns I think . Am  a bit confused at UK. Did they have a proper lockdown or not ? Two of my friends there had completely different experiences during UK lockdown. One stayed in her house with family for months and the other one was taking his dog for walks daily and was chatting to other dog walkers .

Confusing message from PM perhaps  ?

On 6/4/2020 at 9:38 AM, Butter9 said:

Yeah ! Spain and Italy had like one of the toughest lockdowns I think . Am  a bit confused at UK. Did they have a proper lockdown or not ? Two of my friends there had completely different experiences during UK lockdown. One stayed in her house with family for months and the other one was taking his dog for walks daily and was chatting to other dog walkers .

There was never a lockdown in the true sense of the word. One period of outside exercise per day was permitted as well as trips out for food or medicine with a reminder to socially distance

Anyway, another 357 UK deaths in the last 24hrs, more than all the EU countries COMBINED. 

Good going Bozo!

9 hours ago, Kim said:

There was never a lockdown in the true sense of the word. One period of outside exercise per day was permitted as well as trips out for food or medicine with a reminder to socially distance

Anyway, another 357 UK deaths in the last 24hrs, more than all the EU countries COMBINED. 

Good going Bozo!

And  the Dominic Cummings story has disappeared .

39 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

And  the Dominic Cummings story has disappeared .

Don't worry

All shit ends up hitting the fan

Sooner or Later

On 6/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, Butter9 said:

28224042-0-image-a-25_1589118052852.jpg

28226748-8304985-Another_likened_looking

Boris.jpg

^^^  from the original one

A total nonsense and downgrade move

A real scam

They must think people are stupid

0_FILES-BRITAIN-HEALTH-VIRUS-POLITICS.jp

Stay fucking home or you get fined except for groceries and chemist trips. It was that simple in Italy and Spain. Parks and dubious government approved eyesight tests are off limits and OBVIOUSLY out of the question if a lockdown needs to have a meaning and efficacy to begin with, especially when you're forcing it onto an entire country population

Yet the British political class have this persistent holier than thou attitude towards countries like Italy, Spain, Portugal and IMF ravaged Greece all the damn time

10 hours ago, XXL said:

28224042-0-image-a-25_1589118052852.jpg

28226748-8304985-Another_likened_looking

Boris.jpg

^^^  from the original one

A total nonsense and downgrade move

A real scam

They must think people are stupid

0_FILES-BRITAIN-HEALTH-VIRUS-POLITICS.jp

Stay fucking home or you get fined except for groceries and chemist trips. It was that simple in Italy and Spain. Parks and dubious government approved eyesight tests are off limits and OBVIOUSLY out of the question if a lockdown needs to have a meaning and efficacy to begin with, especially when you're forcing it onto an entire country population

Yet the British political class have this persistent holier than thou attitude towards countries like Italy, Spain, Portugal and IMF ravaged Greece all the damn time

It was so confusing . When the virus was spreading in UK my friend could still go to the dentist ( and he bloody well went ! ) .

Football matches were still being held . I knew that because I'd bought tickets for my customers to go watch one of the matches and couldn't get

a refund because the organiser insisted that the match was still going to happen .

Boris is a joke but I can't see the majority of the people getting behind Jeremy Corbyn either .

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Brilliant article

Thanks for posting this

Witty and full of sarcasm

Yet so potently true in every word

It's such a shame really

I used to admire the country so much. And I still have friends there. Spent a couple of years in London in my early 20s. Cannot believe that in the span of a few years things are precipitating in this speedy and absurd fashion

They told us not to worry. We must wash our hands while singing Happy Birthday, but apart from that, it should be “business as usual”. Shaking hands – even with people in hospitals treating virus patients – was just fine.

But, just in case, they appealed for ventilators (having ‘missed the email’ about joining a European procurement programme. Maybe, post-Brexit, anything from the EU goes to spam).

:lmao:

51 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

It was so confusing . When the virus was spreading in UK my friend could still go to the dentist ( and he bloody well went ! ) .

Football matches were still being held . I knew that because I'd bought tickets for my customers to go watch one of the matches and couldn't get

a refund because the organiser insisted that the match was still going to happen

Everything that wasn't even minimally considered in Italy or Spain and France too if I'm not mistaken. It's just crazy. Either you impose a lockdown in its actual implications or you don't at all. It's useless to have a mild if not blatantly false one.

Or having in place a system made of rules for the powerful and another one for "the commoners", yet they would never have the temerity of saying they drove 40 miles to a beauty spot or historical site to check on their eyesight and telling it to tens of millions at home and overseas, certainly not with Cummings almost straight face, despite the stuttering

And still be shamelessly backed by your "employer", though one may argue that the UK government is an employee of Mr Cummings and not the other way around

50 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Boris is a joke but I can't see the majority of the people getting behind Jeremy Corbyn either .

Jezza's long gone and been replaced with a new Labour leader. He manages to skewer Bozo when they face off during PMQS but apart from that has been pretty much absent throughout as he slowly starts to maneuver the party back to the right. There's no saving the UK.

@Kim you can't imagine how many times I remember that article you posted months ago about the triumph of mediocrity. How nowadays those who only know a little about many things seem intelligent, etc. It applies to economic and political elites everywhere. That's why most politicians in so many countries now are a complete disappointment.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

@Kim you can't imagine how many times I remember that article you posted months ago about the triumph of mediocrity. How nowadays those who only know a little about many things seem intelligent, etc. It applies to economic and political elites everywhere. That's why most politicians in so many countries now are a complete disappointment.

How do they manage to fool so many people?

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

How do they manage to fool so many people?

It spreads in every direction: new stars don't rehearse, bosses don't know a bit about the workers and take foolish decisions believing charlatan-gurus-coaches, debates on TV have so called experts that in fact don't know anything but give a good show, Kardashians are the new billionaires...

The complete triumph of mediocrity. No effort, big gains. 

I hope things start to change a bit. I'm still optimistic 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It spreads in every direction: new stars don't rehearse, bosses don't know a bit about the workers and take foolish decisions believing charlatan-gurus-coaches, debates on TV have so called experts that in fact don't know anything but give a good show, Kardashians are the new billionaires...

The complete triumph of mediocrity. No effort, big gains. 

I hope things start to change a bit. I'm still optimistic 

It means a resetting of the entire system.

It can happen, but we're standing on a shaky precipice right at this very moment..

I'm still optimistic...for now.

25 minutes ago, XXL said:

Everything that wasn't even minimally considered in Italy or Spain and France too if I'm not mistaken. It's just crazy. Either you impose a lockdown in its actual implications or you don't at all. It's useless to have a mild if not blatantly false one.

Or having in place a system made of rules for the powerful and another one for "the commoners", yet they would never have the temerity of saying they drove 40 miles to a beauty spot or historical site to check on their eyesight and telling it to tens of millions at home and overseas, certainly not with Cummings almost straight face, despite the stuttering

And still be shamelessly backed by your "employer", though one may argue that the UK government is an employee of Mr Cummings and not the other way around

It's really odd actually . Even now am confused because half of the US seems to be in lockdown but the other half is off to the beach . In Asia we were applauding Singapore then they had a relapsed and the numbers went to by the many hundreds per day . We got scared ( in my country ) real quick . I'm crossing my fingers for no second wave but I think one has to get one's head around the fact that this is the new normal .

The tragic joke is the WHO has come out TODAY to say that wearing mask is essential when out is public . I mean no shit . Are they for real ?????

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

Jezza's long gone and been replaced with a new Labour leader. He manages to skewer Bozo when they face off during PMQS but apart from that has been pretty much absent throughout as he slowly starts to maneuver the party back to the right. There's no saving the UK.

That's not depressing at all is it ??? My UK friends have divided into two camps .For Boris and Against Boris but not into Labour either .