COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

29 minutes ago, Nikki said:

sigh.. thnx for the support btw 😑 I guess people don't actually read everyone's posts. Or I wasn't clear enough. But this hurts.

Sorry I usually quickly post while at work and don’t read through recent posts till later. My condolences on your loss. 😞 I lost my dad 18 years ago and it still sometimes feel like it was yesterday. Keep his memories alive in your heart. 

1 minute ago, Junior said:

Sorry I usually quickly post while at work and don’t read through recent posts till later. My condolences on your loss. 😞 

15 people at a funeral 😞 he LOVED people. he was so scared to die. he wasnt an introvert like me. if he knew about this it would crush him. 

I couldnt even see him anymore at the hospital. They promised they'd call if he got worse and that I could visit him, but they didnt. our last call was so.. blasé.. banal.. if only i knew. he sounded so great.. i never expected it to happen so quickly.. he seemed fine.

Has anyone been to the morgue to visit loved ones who died during corona? they put them in BAGS. They wrote "COVID" on the bag next to his face. They covered his mouth with a mask! It makes me so angry!!

He died right before my birthday. I posted about this on my twitter this morning & didnt get one reply (cuz Im a M fan account, not a personal account, but STILL) so I got a little pissed seeing no one responded to what I said here.. But Im relieved to read your reply now. I cant take it personally. I shouldnt even be mad at any of you cuz I love you all. Sorry for being a little emotional about it..

all I can say is I hope no one here has to experience losing a loved one when your country can't handle a pandemic. it's COLD.. 😞

Nikki, my condolences. Your story is heartbreaking. Gut wrenching. I think your father would understand that there would be only the closest. I don’t know what faith you are, but in orthodoxy you give respect to dead person later after his death too (6 months, a year). Maybe if things are better you could organise smith later? Again so sorry for your loss, may he rip!

8 minutes ago, elijah said:

Nikki, my condolences. Your story is heartbreaking. Gut wrenching. I think your father would understand that there would be only the closest. I don’t know what faith you are, but in orthodoxy you give respect to dead person later after his death too (6 months, a year). Maybe if things are better you could organise smith later? Again so sorry for your loss, may he rip!

I know the church often does ceremonies for people who died months and years later, but we've only done this to our grandparents who were very catholic. so I'll look into that. 

it's hard, especially considering his personality.. he was so outgoing, so social and eccentric. knowing he was so afraid to die, how even just this wednesday he expressed so much sadness about not seeing me grow older and how i wanted to avoid talking about it.. I knew he was dying, but not that day. it's gut wrenching indeed 😞 

the coming weeks will be hard. 

thanks for your kind words 💗 

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

15 people at a funeral 😞 he LOVED people. he was so scared to die. he wasnt an introvert like me. if he knew about this it would crush him. 

I couldnt even see him anymore at the hospital. They promised they'd call if he got worse and that I could visit him, but they didnt. our last call was so.. blasé.. banal.. if only i knew. he sounded so great.. i never expected it to happen so quickly.. he seemed fine.

Has anyone been to the morgue to visit loved ones who died during corona? they put them in BAGS. They wrote "COVID" on the bag next to his face. They covered his mouth with a mask! It makes me so angry!!

He died right before my birthday. I posted about this on my twitter this morning & didnt get one reply (cuz Im a M fan account, not a personal account, but STILL) so I got a little pissed seeing no one responded to what I said here.. But Im relieved to read your reply now. I cant take it personally. I shouldnt even be mad at any of you cuz I love you all. Sorry for being a little emotional about it..

all I can say is I hope no one here has to experience losing a loved one when your country can't handle a pandemic. it's COLD.. 😞

I never know quite what to say in moments like these, but I am so deeply sorry for your loss Nikki, particularly under these horrific circumstances. I wish you the very best and send you healing. We're here if you need to vent.

It's utterly terrifying to see things going down as they are in Europe and here in the US (where it's basically a shit-show regarding this virus). Having to see loved ones bury their loved ones without even being able to see them, touch them, etc...and the way they are handling the bodies... utterly terrifying, upsetting, and depressing. History will show that the lives of the innocent will be on the hands of the arrogant and ignorant.

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

sigh.. thnx for the support btw 😑 I guess people don't actually read everyone's posts. Or I wasn't clear enough. Thankfully I got a family and support that way, but I cant deny that this hurts a little

I am so sorry for your loss Nikki.

6 hours ago, Nikki said:

sigh.. thnx for the support btw 😑 I guess people don't actually read everyone's posts. Or I wasn't clear enough. Thankfully I got a family and support that way, but I cant deny that this hurts a little

Nikki, so very sorry. Did not see your original post. I don’t read this thread a lot as find it hard reading about the virus. 

Sorry for your heartbreaking loss of your Dad and all of  the emotional impact of the funeral too.  So heart wrenching to hear what you have been going through.  My heart goes out to you in every way xxxx

18 hours ago, Nikki said:

Im so pissed off!

Hundreds are waiting in line at IKEA today.. but I cant invite more than 15 people for my dad's funeral!! 😞

Our FAB news anchor martine tanghe spoke very true words in the most cynical, critical manner "all of a sudden people decided they needed a new closet, and hundreds stood in line at IKEA". All these idiots ar shown on tv. Those people deserve to be SHAMED for such selfish idiocy.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/10/31/liveblog-31-oktober-2020/

Oh wow Nikki I'm really sorry for your loss and for the situation surrounding this for you and your family. 

I lost my aunt this week and, even though it wasn't to COVID but to a CVA she suffered a few weeks ago and wasn't able to recover from, the way the family has had to handle things, from the time at the hospital to the funeral yesterday haa been all framed in the restrictions linked to the pandemic and it is indeed frustrating (and dehumanizing in many ways).

I send you a big hug.

55 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Oh wow Nikki I'm really sorry for your loss and for the situation surrounding this for you and your family. 

I lost my aunt this week and, even though it wasn't to COVID but to a CVA she suffered a few weeks ago and wasn't able to recover from, the way the family has had to handle things, from the time at the hospital to the funeral yesterday haa been all framed in the restrictions linked to the pandemic and it is indeed frustrating (and dehumanizing in many ways).

I send you a big hug.

Im so sorry about your aunt. 😞 Big hugs to you as well. You can only say goodbye with a funeral service once. It's one of the last things they shouldve kept humane during covid. It feels so lonesome right now. It's so frustrating. 😞

Nikki I focused on the IKEA message and didn't read properly. I am so very sorry. My mum died three months before march lockdown and I've always felt so sad for those who couldn't say goodbye in a proper funeral. I understand your frustration when you see other gatherings and you couldn't say goodbye properly

7 hours ago, karbatal said:

Nikki I focused on the IKEA message and didn't read properly. I am so very sorry. My mum died three months before march lockdown and I've always felt so sad for those who couldn't say goodbye in a proper funeral. I understand your frustration when you see other gatherings and you couldn't say goodbye properly

It happens. I was very emotional when I wrote that, so I understand. Thanks for the kind words and Im sorry for your loss. Im glad that least you had a proper goodbye which is very important.  covid patients cant see their families sometimes for months as they were locked away in the hospitals, and can't have a proper goodbye with the whole family when they die.. it's inhumane.

17 hours ago, Nikki said:

It happens. I was very emotional when I wrote that, so I understand. Thanks for the kind words and Im sorry for your loss. Im glad that least you had a proper goodbye which is very important.  covid patients cant see their families sometimes for months as they were locked away in the hospitals, and can't have a proper goodbye with the whole family when they die.. it's inhumane.

I send you all my love

Sadly many of us in this forum are now getting to that moment in life when our parents are ill, weak... It's a difficult moment. You have all my love.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

I send you all my love

Sadly many of us in this forum are now getting to that moment in life when our parents are ill, weak... It's a difficult moment. You have all my love.

Thank you. He was only in his early 60s, way too young. He had a lot of medical problems. 

2 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I am so sorry for your loss Nikki. This is devastating. My heart goes out to you and your family. 

💗 

21 minutes ago, horn said:

Sorry for your loss Nikki.

💗 

I'm so sorry for your loss, @Nikki! ❤️

To some extent, I can relate to how you're feeling. My own dad died very suddenly from a heart attack two and a half years ago, and there are so many things about our last conversation that I would have changed if I had known it would be our last.

But I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with the death of a close relative during a pandemic :imsad:

1 hour ago, Msig said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, @Nikki! ❤️

To some extent, I can relate to how you're feeling. My own dad died very suddenly from a heart attack two and a half years ago, and there are so many things about our last conversation that I would have changed if I had known it would be our last.

But I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with the death of a close relative during a pandemic :imsad:

Im very sorry to hear that, because I feel regret as well. he always needed to hear and feel how much we care about him. This meant he called a lot, called about fearing to die.. sometimes I just told him I was too tired to talk. Regret is very difficult to deal with.. I hope now with time you have healed from those feelings.. Regrets, guilt.. that's the hardest part.. I hope you had a chance to give him a proper goodbye when he died. it's why I wanted to see him at the morgue and give him a last hug/kiss.. Im sorry for what youve been through. 😞

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I appreciate that. thank you 💗

I lost both my parents, my mom on Christmas day 2016 and my dad one year later. I know how it's hard. 😞

I just can't imagine how it must be difficult for you and your family during this pandemic. 🤗

13 minutes ago, runa said:

I lost both my parents, my mom on Christmas day 2016 and my dad one year later. I know how it's hard. 😞

I just can't imagine how it must be difficult for you and your family during this pandemic. 🤗

oh lord, that's absolutely heartbreaking. Losing both of your parents within such a short timeframe is terrible, but it's also difficult each year at a time when family is so important. I hope you have a strong bond with the rest of your family or good friends who help you, and that you found a way to heal as time went by💗

I'm really sorry to hear this terrible news @Nikki We always think about the day this might happen, as it inevitably comes, but then it happens and you can't have ever fathomed the pain it brings...and then how you'll ever feel normal again. My advice is to take time for yourself to process and heal, and be prepared for moments when it creeps up on you and you can't hold it together. I really tried to withdraw from people because I couldn't handle their sympathy...emotions were too raw. Then the guilt when you start enjoying life again and momentarily forget them. It's all just awful and I'm so sorry you're having to go through this ❤

Take care of yourself! ❤❤❤

Almost 20 % of all Danish mink farms have been infected with the new coronavirus, and the Danish health authorities have now identified a mutated version of the coronavirus, which has been traced to five different mink farms.

So far, the new mutation has spread to at least 12 humans, who have been found to have a weak reaction to SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. This could mean that any future COVID-19 vaccine will not have the intended effect.

Therefore, the Danish government has now decided to cull all mink farms in Denmark. Denmark is the world's far biggest producer of mink fur, and it has been estimated that between 15 and 17 million minks will need to be put down.

https://www.berlingske.dk/nyheder/english-version-mink-causes-new-covid-mutation-in-humans-is-denmark-the

On 11/3/2020 at 1:04 AM, San said:

I'm really sorry to hear this terrible news @Nikki We always think about the day this might happen, as it inevitably comes, but then it happens and you can't have ever fathomed the pain it brings...and then how you'll ever feel normal again. My advice is to take time for yourself to process and heal, and be prepared for moments when it creeps up on you and you can't hold it together. I really tried to withdraw from people because I couldn't handle their sympathy...emotions were too raw. Then the guilt when you start enjoying life again and momentarily forget them. It's all just awful and I'm so sorry you're having to go through this ❤

Take care of yourself! ❤❤❤

Thank you for the kind words, San 💗 It's hard feeling guilty while also moving on with life.