COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

13 hours ago, GOD said:

I heard Sweden was successful too? They did not ban schools and stuff and people still managed it well.

They left their elders to die. One of the creepiest moments in modern history. They've been trying to clean their image, in Euronews they've tried to sell the situation as a success, but truth is that thousands of people have been left to die. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

They left their elders to die. One of the creepiest moments in modern history. They've been trying to clean their image, in Euronews they've tried to sell the situation as a success, but truth is that thousands of people have been left to die. 

Are you sure? :sneaky: 

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

Thanks Karbs, that’s just disturbing. I think I’ll skip having any carbs today.

11 hours ago, horn said:

Are you sure? :sneaky: 

If you look for herd immunity and wait for 65% of infections as strategy, all deaths are your responsibility: casualties. Absolutely horrific. The fact that the majority Swedish people are still supporting the measures is really disturbing. 

On 8/19/2020 at 7:54 AM, Butter9 said:

Sweden is at No 33. Infection at 85,219 with Death rate at 5,790 ( population of 10,107,657 ) .

Hong Kong is at No.108 . Infection at 4,561 with Death rate at 70 ( population of 7,505,303 )

Thailand is at No.115 . Infection at 3,382 with Death rate at 58 ( population of 69,823,621 )

Vietnam at No. 155 . Infection at 989 with Death rate at 26 ( population of 97,454,156 )

With USA, Brazil , India ,Russia and S.Africa leading the list for most infection cases and deaths .

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

But how accurate are some of the figures? Everyone is counting differently and does anyone really believe China had only 4,600 deaths

10 hours ago, jonski43 said:

But how accurate are some of the figures? Everyone is counting differently and does anyone really believe China had only 4,600 deaths

A lot of  under developed countries have lower figures due to the fact that they couldn't afford to do extensive testings. A lot of developed countries like Japan also reported lower figures at first and did minimal testings because they are afraid of Tokyo Olympics being cancelled .

No idea about China since they didn't even release the info about the virus until it was too late .

14 hours ago, Butter9 said:

A lot of  under developed countries have lower figures due to the fact that they couldn't afford to do extensive testings. A lot of developed countries like Japan also reported lower figures at first and did minimal testings because they are afraid of Tokyo Olympics being cancelled .

No idea about China since they didn't even release the info about the virus until it was too late .

THIS

4 hours ago, horn said:

THIS

And a lot of developed countries just chose to ignore it all together ! Some of my friends in UK still think it's conspiracy theory cooked up by China to get into your personal data . 

I Tod them Gurl I ain't got them for this bullshit .

9 hours ago, Butter9 said:

And a lot of developed countries just chose to ignore it all together ! Some of my friends in UK still think it's conspiracy theory cooked up by China to get into your personal data . 

I Tod them Gurl I ain't got them for this bullshit .

:rotfl: 

I mean if you gonna kill someone, would you kill your own family members first? :rotfl: 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

People soooooo worried about data and a minute later they take a Facebook test of "which colour is your soul?"

So true. People, especially young people, have become idiots. The worry about the data protection of some Corona App, an App where even the most critical groups or organizations have said, it is very safe to use, that no personal data is retrieved, is ridiculous. Yet they have no problem with all major social media that is stealing their data left and right and sell it to third parties. The thing I miss the most nowadays is common sense. 

2 hours ago, horn said:

:rotfl: 

I mean if you gonna kill someone, would you kill your own family members first? :rotfl: 

Honestly . And they all had university degrees etc . I was and still am shocked !

10 hours ago, acko said:

I've stopped speaking 2 some people. I really don't understand this conspiracy bullshit.

It's bizarre. What does anyone gain out of this mess? And why do people think wearing a mask in the corner shop means they're suddenly living in a totalitarian state. 

People damaged a 5g mast here because they'd heard it was spreading the virus! 

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

It's bizarre. What does anyone gain out of this mess? And why do people think wearing a mask in the corner shop means they're suddenly living in a totalitarian state. 

We're officially that world. 😥

On 8/23/2020 at 8:32 AM, jonski43 said:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. The conspiracy theories are a manifestation of fear and a poor understanding of science. Probably comforting on some level to think this whole thing could be stopped by knocking over some towers or throwing out a government. These people have always been around - in the Middle Ages, they would have had superstitions and folk medicines to comfort themselves with. Now it's conspiracy theories.

Just now, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. The conspiracy theories are a manifestation of fear and a poor understanding of science. Probably comforting on some level to think this whole thing could be stopped by knocking over some towers or throwing out a government. These people have always been around - in the Middle Ages, they would have had superstitions and folk medicines to comfort themselves with. Now it's conspiracy theories.

I don't think some of them are even that stupid. I think some are angry and are just looking for a reason to attack something to make a statement.

Enormous crowds flock to Sydney beaches to enjoy sunny 26C weather as winter comes to a close - but some fear it could trigger a new coronavirus outbreak and the return of strict lockdown

• Massive crowds flocked to beaches across Sydney on Sunday to soak in sun despite COVID-19 warnings
  • Sydneysiders were quick to head outside after a week of chilly weather as the temperature hit a balmy 25C
  • This is despite the state recording seven new coronavirus cases and an outbreak in the nearby Sydney CBD

32555004-8678165-image-a-20_159875929782

32557182-8678165-image-a-1_1598768535857

32554934-8678165-image-a-51_159876221618

32554930-8678165-Beachgoers_seen_enjoyin

32554924-8678165-The_return_of_warm_weat

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8678165/Thousands-flock-Sydneys-main-beaches-despite-COVID-19-outbreak-threatening-explode-CBD.html

Twitter removes QAnon supporter's false claim about coronavirus death statistics that Trump had retweeted
By Daniel Dale and Jamie Gumbrecht, CNN | Updated 1727 GMT (0127 HKT) August 31, 2020

(CNN)Twitter on Sunday took down a tweet containing a false claim about coronavirus death statistics that was made by a supporter of the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory -- a post that President Donald Trump had retweeted earlier in the day.

The tweet -- which has been replaced with a message saying, "This Tweet is no longer available because it violated the Twitter Rules -- from "Mel Q," copied from someone else's Facebook post, claimed that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had "quietly" updated its numbers "to admit that only 6%" of people listed as coronavirus deaths "actually died from Covid," since "the other 94% had 2-3 other serious illnesses."

That's not what the CDC said.

As of Sunday at 4 p.m. ET, Twitter had not removed a second tweet, also retweeted by the President on Sunday, that spread the same false claim. The second tweet, by Trump campaign adviser Jenna Ellis, linked to an article on the right-wing website Gateway Pundit that was based on the QAnon supporter's tweet.

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment on Trump's retweets.

The CDC's latest regular update to a public statistics page on the pandemic -- there was nothing especially "quiet" about it -- said that for 6% of the deaths included in its statistics, "Covid-19 was the only cause mentioned" on the deceased person's death certificate.

That is not at all the same thing as saying only 6% of reported Covid-19 deaths "actually died" from Covid-19. It simply means that the other 94% were listed as having at least one additional factor contributing to their death.

For example, the other 94% includes people whose death certificate listed both Covid-19 and obesity, both Covid-19 and diabetes, or both Covid-19 and heart disease -- among other conditions.

People can live with obesity, diabetes or heart disease for years but then get infected with Covid-19 and die quickly. The fact that they also had an underlying condition does not mean that Covid-19 was not a major reason, or the major reason, they died when they did.

There is no secret about the fact that pre-existing health conditions can cause people to experience more severe problems from Covid-19. The CDC has long said that older adults and people with other underlying health conditions are more likely to become seriously ill.

Its statistics page currently says that for "deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

The CDC told CNN in July that Covid-19 will end up as a Top 10 cause of death for 2020. 
The final ranking from the CDC will be based on death certificates for the calendar year. 
Based on the top causes from 2018, the most recent year available, Covid-19 ranks third behind heart disease and cancer.

Trump shared the false information with his 85 million-plus followers. As of 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, the now deleted "Mel Q" tweet Trump amplified had been retweeted more than 48,000 times.

At least 182,885 people have died from coronavirus in the United States, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/twitter-coronavirus-deaths-false-claim-qanon-trump/index.html

Thailand will be reopening for general Tourism on 1st October but only on the island of Phuket with a MANDATORY minimum stay of 30 days including 14 days hotel quarantine as well as regular PCR tests for covid-19 .

Phuket will act as a model for the rest of Thailand. It's an island so it will be pretty much sealed off from the get go . Also Government will be selective on which countries will be allowed

into the country but they've not decided yet.

Thailand Reopening Phuket For Tourism Oct 1– Visitors Must Stay 30 Days

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Yuthasak Supasorn, made a statement on August 21st confirming the government’s plan to open Phuket for international tourism on October 1st.

Reopening Phuket for international tourists will act as a pilot program for the rest of Thailand.

There are many rules, including a mandatory 30 day stay, 14-day in hotel quarantine, and many PCR tests, but tourists will be able to enjoy hotel facilities and in some cases, the beach. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/thailand-reopening-phuket-for-tourism-oct-1-visitors-must-stay-30-days/

13 hours ago, horn said:

Having Tom Yam Kung for 14 days in a confinement space? :confused: And I'm paying for the expensive swab test AND hotel accommodation to get myself lock up in a hotel fo 14 days?

I rather stay home then.

hahaha with the minimum of 30 days stay , meaning you can leave your hotel to go elsewhere  within Phuket after your 14 days quarantine .

6 hours ago, Butter9 said:

hahaha with the minimum of 30 days stay , meaning you can leave your hotel to go elsewhere  within Phuket after your 14 days quarantine .

Can you image having the same food for 14 days?

24 minutes ago, horn said:

Can you image having the same food for 14 days?

I'm sure they have different things on the menu besides Tom Yum hahaha. 

We not have ONE ( and possible 60+ ) case of internal infection after 100 days of having none . 

What a nightmare .

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

I'm sure they have different things on the menu besides Tom Yum hahaha. 

We not have ONE ( and possible 60+ ) case of internal infection after 100 days of having none . 

What a nightmare .

I had experienced a few times staying in the same hotel for > 1 week in Germany.

They literally serve the same breakfast (Bread, bacon, sausages, hashbrown, scrambled eggs, yoghurt) everyday! :| 

9 hours ago, horn said:

I had experienced a few times staying in the same hotel for > 1 week in Germany.

They literally serve the same breakfast (Bread, bacon, sausages, hashbrown, scrambled eggs, yoghurt) everyday! :| 

No I think  Thailand will go ALL OUT to impress the first batch of tourists coming into our country since we closed our airspace because of Covid-19.

They will be treated like Kings and Queens .