Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Wow. Clearly she does hear the feeback.

Well, blame it on Lola. :lol:

She sounds very sincere and apologetic though. It must be a tough decision for her, and for her family's sake, i think she did the right thing. :(

It's good to see that she does get to hear about the shit storms that go on, but yes, what's another four weeks max? Still, I'm glad she's at least done this... She needs a kick up the arse every now and then.

Why would Lola be leaving home at 16? Higher education starts at 18 so is she going to a private school to do an international baccaulareate?

Lola is starting 11th grade in a few days. I'm not sure if she's going to stay behind for a couple months while Madonna tours N Am & S Am or if she's going to miss the first semester at school. She only has 12th grade left next school year (2013-2014) and she's done and off to university. If Madonna was taking her daughter with her, I don't think it would be a big deal (since she would've already pulled her out and had her "home schooled" in the meantime), but if her daughter was pushing her to stop the tour because she didn't want to be on the road anymore and preferred to be with her friends (and if the other kids were doing the same?), then Madonna's outnumbered and/or is more pressured to make that choice.

I'm really disappointed because it seems there isn't going to be a second leg, even after a break.

"my daughter will be leaving my home soon, shes almost 16". isn't that a tad bit early to leave home? sorry, its off topic from australia but that caught my attention for a moment. /random

Maybe Lordes is leaving home to go to college

I reckon she wants this project over with

I agree with this. I don't think she's particularly happy with these loooong contract-fulfilling jaunts she has to go on now.

Nice of her to record that message but she knew that she'd PROMISED in her last message that she'd go this time so should have tried to fit Oz dates in the first "leg" while coming up with the itinerary

Guest Not4Pussies

now that we know Australia is for sure not happening

it's going to be interesting to see what she is going to do next.

another film, another album or take a long break. no one knows what's going to happen next.

She's not going, deal with it! Cry babies!

Er, who's crying? Most of us responding to this latest message aren't even from Australia and couldn't care less if she goes or not. We're simply DISCUSSING it, ok?

it's going to be interesting to see what she is going to do next.

another film, another album or take a long break. no one knows what's going to happen next.

Another film i'll bet.

It wouldn't be just a week doing Australia. She would have to perform across Asia too to make it worthwhile and that would be a lot of time and tiring as fuck. I know it's sad to be Australian but Madonna gave her condolences.

It wouldn't be just a week doing Australia. She would have to perform across Asia too to make it worthwhile and that would be a lot of time and tiring as fuck. I know it's sad to be Australian but Madonna gave her condolences.

Too bad she'll start making another useless romantic film instead of actually spending time with her kids. I mean, the kids travel with her on tour anyway...

Ah it's just damage control, she fucked up and she knows it. The MDNA tour is not the tour to bring to Australia after a 20 year absence anyway

Exactly!

The MDNA tour is not the tour to bring to Australia after a 20 year absence anyway

It's a fan tour, not a "nation" tour. If she wants to come here and have a TRULY epic hit on her hands both via the fans/ casual public and the media, she needs to do a hits tour, THATS IT. Nothing else would go down well enough here i'm afraid.

That's what happens when you don't tour a country for 20 years, when people DO finally see you, they want to see everything they missed out on, not a show dedicated to one album that barely sold.

whats the general opinion of M now in Oz, has this really tipped people off the edge or is she still loved?

I don't think there is any major opinion of her here really. Her tour cancellation got coverage, but that's about it. No is buying her albums or singles here, she's not really spoken of at all really. If she did bring a tour here, obviously it would be big news because she's such a big act, it would do well, but other than that she isn't really on the medias radar here in any significant way. We got the tit flop and nazi news here, but it's reported, eyerolled and moved along for the most part.

Yeah good point. Perhaps Madonna's last hurrah tour (filled with hits) will be the more apprope show for Aus. I'm still pissed she pulled this move again though. But hey it's her life, it's stupid for me or anyone else to be like "OMG MADONNA YOU CUNT FUCK YEWWWW!!!"

In the end, I think the hardcore Aussie fans deserved to see this show as it truly looks like an artistic tour de force, but I can understand how it'd be risky to take such a cold, hitless show there.

Tbqh with you all, (this might be a little off topic) I'm kind of dreading Madonna's Greatest Hits show. After the corniness of Reinvention it just doesn't excite me in the least. If it's anything like that then I'll sit that 1 out.

Ah but you've seen the other shows, I've never seen Like A Prayer, Into The Groove, Ray Of Light, Music, Frozen, Hung Up, Die Another Day live.

Madonna's last single that I saw live was Bye Bye Baby...........how ironic

It's like she didn't know well in advance her kids gonna be going to school. Hello? The cancellation is addressed way too late. It's like only yesterday her finally told her about the fans' reactions. She's too sheltered by her PR team.

I'd love a GH show. I don't really consider RIT one, it's only due to the fact she had less AL album tracks on it but still included Lament, Imagine (ugh) even The beast Within that weren't hits .

I'd love a GH show. I don't really consider RIT one, it's only due to the fact she had less AL album tracks on it but still included Lament, Imagine (ugh) even The beast Within that weren't hits .

RIT wasn´t a GH! how many songs from AL were there¿ 5? 6? OK, howmany songs from LAP in the BAT? 5? 6? how many from Erotica in TGS? 5? 6? how many from true Blue in WTG? 5? 6?

they used the GH thing to have casual fans going, especially after DW tour...which had, how many songs from ROL? 5? 6? and and how many from Music? 5-6?

she has never done a greatest hits tour!!