Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

It's a fan tour, not a "nation" tour. If she wants to come here and have a TRULY epic hit on her hands both via the fans/ casual public and the media, she needs to do a hits tour, THATS IT. Nothing else would go down well enough here i'm afraid.

That's what happens when you don't tour a country for 20 years, when people DO finally see you, they want to see everything they missed out on, not a show dedicated to one album that barely sold.

I don't get why australian fans tend to bring that up. If she goes there, she'll bring the same tour she'd be performing for the rest of the world. She didn't do Latin America since the Girlie Show as well, but didn't change anything in Sticky and Sweet for those shows, other than adding "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" at some dates.

I don't get why australian fans tend to bring that up. If she goes there, she'll bring the same tour she'd be performing for the rest of the world. She didn't do Latin America since the Girlie Show as well, but didn't change anything in Sticky and Sweet for those shows, other than adding "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" at some dates.

I'm not asking her to change her tour, just saying if she does come here it would be best for her to do a hits tour at another time.

Lets be honest, no one bought MDNA. And no one who has been out of the loop with her musically over the last decade (most casual fans if you see the lack of interest in 3/4 albums this past decade) is going to be psyched seeing an MDNA show featuring songs they dont know vs. a hits tour full of hits people haven't seen performed in 2 decades.

It's just what would go down well for a broader audience, thats all, and if she hasnt been here in 20 years and wants to make an impressive impact when charging $400 a ticket, shes gonna need to bring more than a tour full of songs not a lot of people know.

God, by the time she does get here and maybe do it, she'll be 60 :manson: bummer.

I honestly can't even be bothered with this 'apology'. She's not stupid....why does she think we are.

waits to watch her every doting mother move during January :popcorn2:

Well this is it then isn't it?

MDNA Tour ends at the end of 2012.

All of you bitches who haven't seen it and who can afford to go to US or South Amerique, please do because it's an amazing tour.

Love you Madonna.

x

Well this is it then isn't it?

MDNA Tour ends at the end of 2012.

All of you bitches who haven't seen it and who can afford to go to US or South Amerique, please do because it's an amazing tour.

Love you Madonna.

x

Stan worry but Gags will prolly surpass her tour numbers this time.

Ah here's why: Material Girl launches in Australia today....hmmm

MADONNA has finally apologised to Australian fans for another no-show.

Once again, the singer has cited commitments to her four children as the reason she will not extend her world tour to include Australia.

The belated announcement, six weeks after the tour was mysteriously axed, comes on the day her Material Girl clothing line is released to Australian stores.

The tour would have been her first visit to Australia in 20 years.

In a contrite audio message on her website, Madonna acknowledges the anger coming from Australian fans after bypassing this market for a fifth consecutive world tour.

"To all of my Australian fans I am really and truly sorry to have disappointed you," she said.

"That's something I don't feel very good about. I know the last time I was on tour I missed Australia as well. I can promise you in my heart of hearts it was my intention to come again, but like the last time my children are my first periority.

"I have two scales I have to weigh in front me of me, my job as a singer and entertainer and my job as a mother. Because my children are older I can't take them on the road with me everywhere...at the end of the year I really feel I would be an irresponsible parent if I didn't stop my tour and spend time with them.

"I know a lot of you are angry with me, upset with me, disappointed. I did everything I could, I thought long and hard about it, I thought the best thing for me to do would be to end my seven months on the road at the end of the year and not continue on with my tour so I could spend time with my children who need me."

Madonna's MDNA tour will now end in Argentina on December 22.

However the Australian leg - outdoor shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne - was due to take place in the first week of January, adding around three weeks to the tour.

Paul Cashmere, of music website Noise 11, was not buying Madonna playing the mother card again.

"What a load of insincere load of rubbish,' Cashmere said.

"Elton John has no trouble travelling with his son and visits Australia regularly. Now that Madonna has “forgiven” Sir Elton, I'm sure he wouldn't mind lending her his nanny."

Madonna has promised to tour Australia some time in the future.

"Please forgive me, and know when I do come to Australia I will have made the wait worth your while and I will put on the greatest show on earth and I haven't forgetten about you.

"I hope you can understand and forgive me and I want to say I love you, all of you, everyone in Australia and I hope to get there very soon."

Lifelong Madonna fan Trent Titmarsh said the recycled excuse was "too little, too late".

Titmarsh flew to London to see the singer's Hyde Park shows last month, paying $400 for tickets.

"I find it hard to accept this `apology' from Madonna," Titmarsh said today.

"It is the same apology and excuse she officially gave when she cancelled coming to Australia in 2006 and 2008. Aussie fans have been waiting for 20 years for her to tour here again.

"If she was serious she would have started the tour in Australia to avoid any disappointment and make it up to her Aussie fans. I truly hope she keeps her word but it has been disappointment after disappointment, promises that are never fulfilled. Would GaGa or Elton John be so mean to their Australian fans?"

The MDNA tour has received mixed reviews overseas - the star bypassing greatest hits for nine songs from her MDNA album, the worst-selling studio album of her career.

The album's third single, Turn Up the Radio, failed to chart in Australia and is her first single since 1983 to not chart in the UK. Previous single Girl Gone Wild peaked at No.94 in Australia and No.73 in the UK.

After weeks of being bombarded by Australian fans on Twitter, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary tweeted her apology this morning.

Her MDNA tour is expected to make over $214 million, which would put it in the Top 10 highest-grossing tours of all time.

The figures fly in the face of Elton John calling the tour "a disaster" and saying the 54 year old looked like a "fairground stripper" on stage in her skimpy outfits.

*** The knives are out - who is this bitch Trent Titmarsh with his stupid unfortunate surname ha ha

The way some people are going on about this you'd think she publicly shoved some white Australian babies (let's face it Australia wouldn't care if it were Aboriginal babies) and an Australian flag up Kylie's cunt and then fired them out a cannon during a Wallabies match. Geez people she isn't coming, she gave you her reason (she never has to come there if she doesn't want to) and now it's time to shut up and get over it.

Makes me so glad she ain't going to that floating desert. Would love her to do Asia and leave Australia out :)

Interesting as so many Asians risk their lives trying to get to the floating desert......you'd kill to live here lol

Interesting as so many Asians risk their lives trying to get to the floating desert......you'd kill to live here lol

I'm not Asian so I have no idea but I'm not killing anything to live there as I have a great life in a great country. The idea of living in Australia has no appeal or interest to me.

Ah well we have a non-stop flow of Kiwi immigrants, mostly because of the state of your economy.

On a positive note, I visit NZ every year and have a complete collection of NZ M releases including the 1982 Everybody 7" Promo so I love NZ, just don't trash Australia

Ah well we have a non-stop flow of Kiwi immigrants, mostly because of the state of your economy.

For now, things change and Australia relies way too much on it's mining. Once that slows more let's see what happens.

Wow Draco. Cheap and unprovoked insults. Maybe you should take it to the NZ tour thread....oh wait :stir:

Unlike Australia we aren't making a big deal about her not coming. If Australia acted more mature then you'd get a more mature response from me.

Unlike Australia we aren't making a big deal about her not coming. If Australia acted more mature then you'd get a more mature response from me.

It's so sad that you guys never even get mentioned as being (potentially) included on any schedule or in subsequent apology. For all M knows, NZ is just a sad sidekick to Australia anyway. I'm mature when I want to be too :electropop:

^ Well no musically we share more in common with America, Geographically our country looks more like Northern Europe, religiously we are again like Europe (Highly athiestic, with 34% irreligious compared to Australia's 22.3%) and culturally we are unique in the sense that Maori culture plays a huge part in our Nation's identity and majority of young people through in occasional Te Reo words into our everday speech. So no it'd be like declearing Bosnia and Croatia the same country.

I'm not gonna lie, i do want to get my spread asshole cock slapped on the Middle Earth tour in New Zealand. Maybe in Bilbo's house, we'll see.