Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Wow @ the bitterness of some "journalists". It's a damned if she does, damned if she doesn't situation where even if she did go, they'd be going on about how she didn't perform every track on "Celebration".

On the one hand, she does sound sincere and quite frankly, she didn't have to even apologize but she did and she didn't just release a PR statement. She told us in her own voice. I do respect her for that, and she it's not like she said, "I am not touring Australia because it's a shithole."

On the other, I don't buy the "mom" excuse either. START a tour in Australia. Or skip South America since they got you last time. There are a million ways to work Australia/New Zealand in but the simple fact is, she didn't.

I do think the Lola thing is somewhat legit as she'll be 18 in 2 years. Madonna probably won't tour again until 2015 at the very earliest.

I think she is doing another film next. It will probably be decent (as I thought W.E. was) but no one will see it, it will be a financial flop and the critics will hate it as always. But whatever trips her creative trigger...

Guest bluejean

The excuse she gave is pathetic and completely fake. And to think Madonna is not recognised as a convincing actress.

I was pretty satisfied with no statement at all.

Guest bluejean

I'm not asking her to change her tour, just saying if she does come here it would be best for her to do a hits tour at another time.

Lets be honest, no one bought MDNA. And no one who has been out of the loop with her musically over the last decade (most casual fans if you see the lack of interest in 3/4 albums this past decade) is going to be psyched seeing an MDNA show featuring songs they dont know vs. a hits tour full of hits people haven't seen performed in 2 decades.

It's just what would go down well for a broader audience, thats all, and if she hasnt been here in 20 years and wants to make an impressive impact when charging $400 a ticket, shes gonna need to bring more than a tour full of songs not a lot of people know.

God, by the time she does get here and maybe do it, she'll be 60 :manson: bummer.

Totally agree. Look at how well Prince's tour did. And George Michael. I mean sure, she would sell here no matter what tour she does but the reaction would be negative if there's not enough hits. As much as I'd love to see this show I have watched it back to front on YouTube/bootlegs etc and having never seen her I would prefer a Greatest Hits tour too. MDNA is a good album but its not that good, quite alot of filler. It's no Ray of Light or Confessions.

And really, I'm over it. I'm not expecting her to ever tour here. I will travel to see her next time.

If you all just listened to me none of you would be so upset. But you let others blind you.

I have the facts. Let's just put that out there and let it do what it's meant to.

x.

Guest bluejean

Not really. People convinced you in the end that it was happening. I was always hopeful but I'm an optimist like that. Next time I'm not getting excited about it until the tickets are announced to be going on sale. And even then I'll be awaiting a cancellation.

I didn't believe it because Guy refused to answer questions on Twitter all year, M was vague in that interview, nothing was confirmed or even rumored like South America and those recycled LN press releases added nothing new. It was when Guy told Carta in person it was happening that I fell for it but this lasted a week or so and then I returned to doubt and yep we were let down again. I have plans to go to London for the next show and really don't expect to see her in Australia again no matter what she promises.

If you all just listened to me none of you would be so upset. But you let others blind you.

I have the facts. Let's just put that out there and let it do what it's meant to.

x.

tumblr_m8k06qsww61ro2d43.gif

On the one hand, she does sound sincere and quite frankly, she didn't have to even apologize but she did and she didn't just release a PR statement. She told us in her own voice. I do respect her for that, and she it's not like she said, "I am not touring Australia because it's a shithole."

On the other, I don't buy the "mom" excuse either. START a tour in Australia. Or skip South America since they got you last time. There are a million ways to work Australia/New Zealand in but the simple fact is, she didn't.

I do think the Lola thing is somewhat legit as she'll be 18 in 2 years. Madonna probably won't tour again until 2015 at the very earliest.

I think she is doing another film next. It will probably be decent (as I thought W.E. was) but no one will see it, it will be a financial flop and the critics will hate it as always. But whatever trips her creative trigger...

Could u tell me what will b a good day 4 me this week? Am I likely 2 run in2 someone from the past and will I need 2 step my game up at work?

Guest bluejean

Could u tell me what will b a good day 4 me this week? Am I likely 2 run in2 someone from the past and will I need 2 step my game up at work?

You will tour Australia in September 2011 which will prove fruitful

Can I just remind everyone that she only gave this "apology" because MG launched in Aus today.

Yes, I couldn't believe it when I read that. It just makes the whole thing seem really insincere. I can't believe the amount of cock ups this era has produced from bad management.

Can I just remind everyone that she only gave this "apology" because MG launched in Aus today.

Look at my flawless siggy ;)

tumblr_m92stz0Vv41qj28qwo1_500.gif

are those who complain here from australia? (aside from CUBB & matt matt) just wondering.

Guest bluejean

^Convincing in what way? :lmao:

Madonna not giving a fuck at all and saying nothing in her defense was more convincing than "My daughter is nearly leaving home" :lol:

It's just preposterous really. My children are a priority.....but only after I've toured the world for 7 months. I mean come on! It's fucking hysterical that she would bother with this utter garbage :rotfl: