Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

I love how the apology is worse than hearing nothing :lmao:

hahahaha it really is. the only good thing that came of this is that i know the tour is ending this year and there is no second leg. now, i know i will never see the MDNA tour irl. i'm a bit upset now because I was really hoping to fly somewhere next year if there was more dates added. i hate that so many people have seen M once or multiple times throughout their lives and I have never :(

hahahaha it really is. the only good thing that came of this is that i know the tour is ending this year and there is no second leg. now, i know i will never see the MDNA tour irl. i'm a bit upset now because I was really hoping to fly somewhere next year if there was more dates added. i hate that so many people have seen M once or multiple times throughout their lives and I have never :(

Nawwww. Big hugs from me :kiss:

Guest bluejean

Maybe that Earthquake afew years back scared her off? :lol:

Anyway I think it all comes down to the fact that she doesn't like doing extensive touring. There was a time where more than 3-4 months was out of the question for her.

I don't think there's any personal reason why she always skips Australia, its just that by the time she covers the usual markets Australia is last on the list of priorities.

You will notice that while alot of other artists do go to Australia they also tour more extensively than Madonna does. Australia is often one of the last stops for international artists because it is isolated from the rest of the world.

The kids excuse is utter bullshit because she toured far less when she didn't have kids.

Paul Cashmere ripped S&S to shreds, analysing the set list and criticising it for not containing enough hits. He never has a good word to say about Madonna, so it's no surprise that he's carrying on now.

Trent Titmarsh has been around for many years, so I'm surprised you've never bumped into him, Matt. He used to be heavily involved in organising the Brisbane Madonna parties, although I'm not sure whether he still is. He's also a huge Cyndi Lauper fan (I sat behind him during her last Brisbane concert).

The kids will be back at school in a couple of weeks' time, and I doubt very much that Madonna will take them out again during this tour (she pulled them out before the end of the last school year, so that they could spend the first month of the tour with her before their holidays started). We're three months into the tour and the kids have been with her the whole time. Now, she's about to enter the last half of the tour, and she'll basically have limited contact with her kids between now and Christmas. Extending the tour would have meant another few weeks away from home. This was the straw that broke the camel's back for Madonna. It sucks for Australia, but she's putting her kids first. Whether people want to believe or accept that is up to them.

I got ripped apart for suggesting a while back that if she'd planned to visit Australia in December instead of South America, our leg wouldn't have been cancelled. This announcement basically validates what I said, though. The May start for this tour ruled out Australia, because it's too cold for outdoor concerts in the southern states and the major grounds are booked for the football anyway.

As for this not being the show to bring here, no show will ever be "good enough" for the general public in Australia, because it's not 1990. TGS was ripped apart for its set list. Whatever show she brings here, she'll be trashed. As a theatrical work, though, The MDNA Tour is the best piece of art she's ever created, and it's a shame that Australians won't get to see this.

Again, I'm sorry for getting people's hopes up. I should have kept my conversation with Guy to myself, just as I kept the news about the "all allocated seating" set up to myself until after the show was cancelled (I didn't want to cause a bun fight....!).

well,at least she finally said something! Her reasoning makes sense,but next time around,she should probably make Australia a priority.Maybe even *begin* the tour there.It would be the right thing to do.

She can really only tour Australian in November, December, January or February, if she wants to tour stadiums. Even February would be a bit dodgy, given the unpredictability of the weather. If she were willing to spend a couple of months here (which is never going to happen), she could probably do around 30 arena shows, especially with a 35/65 split of massive hits/lesser known material.

She's 86, and that's the real reason she doesn't want to come here. It's not about wanting to personally tuck her kids into bed at night (via her nanny) -- she's simply tired. An Oceania/Asia extension to the tour would be too physically challenging for her, and she'd rather not say that.

We just have to come to terms with the fact she is an Oldonna.

I really don't c why it's so hard 2 believe her kids r her main concern, it's not JUST Australia but adding another leg would extend the tour for months.

So she considered it & decided not 2. The End.

Last time we only got part II cuz she basically ran away from home cuz she had just fired her husband. :fag:

Guest bluejean

Actually you are wrong.

The reason she's not extending the tour is because she wants to replace Brahim with a thicker cock. And the only way to kill his contract is to cancel the rest of the tour.

I really don't c why it's so hard 2 believe her kids r her main concern, it's not JUST Australia but adding another leg would extend the tour for months.

So she considered it & decided not 2. The End.

Last time we only got part II cuz she basically ran away from home cuz she had just fired her husband. :fag:

Words of Life. I can't believe we're scrutinising her time with her kids. She's a mother of four now.

That message is so random, it does not make sense at all, it would only take a month to tour Autralia and Japan, and the tour would gross at least $40 millions from that only. Live Nation and Guy should grab their testicles and demand her to go and don't lose those markets.

lol at the thought of Lola sitting in the tour bus, yelling and screaming "I hate it here, I'm sick of this tour and all this traveling, as soon as I'm 18 I will MOVE THE FUCK OUT!" No honestly, Madonna did sound sincere and all and it's nice she recorded this message, she didn't have to but the excuse is kinda lame. As others have said, she could have started the world tour in Australia or whatever. On the other hand I can see why she maybe wants to bring an 'all hits'-tour to Australia instead of MDNA.

To do stadiums and start in Australia, she would have to start her tour in December/January. Given how Australia loves to hate her, she would get destroyed for everything, including the state of the venue's toilets. With the constant bashing, I'm not sure how she could do an extended arena tour instead of a few big stadium dates.

She's hasn't started her tours in December/January post 2000. She tends to usually start her tours as close as possible to the summer, so that she won't be away from her kids before they can join her. SST 2008's (August?) start date is the latest she started her tour and I think that had more to do with her personal issues.

I do think the apology should've come earlier, but it would honestly not matter what she said, she would've been trashed regardless. And I really doubt her hardcore fan base, which is made up of more older fans, would be the main target of the MG line. I do blame the timing on Guy-her management just makes it so easy for people to trash Madonna sometimes.

hahahahahahahaahhahaahah!

who wants to bet that Adrien Galo is his replacement

Brahim did look a little jealous of his interaction with Madonna when I was at Nice. Adrien is hot.

It's her perogative!

she skipped Toronto twice.....that's just the way it goes...

deal with it.

Move on.

No shit Sherlock :lol:

Enjoy your train trip to the concert :p

POOR POOR Lola having to TRAVEL THE WORLD with her RICH POPSTAR MOTHER, having FUN and doing WHATEVER she wants and living the DREAM pretty much EVERY PERSON ON EARTH WANTS.

POOR POOR LOLA.

Life can be SO SO HARD for wealthy teenagers with fashion lines.

Forget Africa, i'm sending my NEXT charity donation to LOLA.

Let's all say a PRAYER for LOLA and ROCO and hope that when they end their EXPENSIVE WORLD WIDE ADVENTURE for the 5th time, they'll be able to cope with going back home to their BLEAK MANSION and preparing for their NANNIES to DRESS THEM and send them to $80000000 DOLLAR A YEAR SCHOOLS.

MY HEART IS BREAKING.

x.