Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Stupid LN Australia have a massive announcement tomorrow morning about a tour for a female artist who has been to parts of Australia before but not to New Zealand. M fits that bill but I know It's not her :cries: This was supposed to be our moment! Must be Minaj :(

I hope there is a second leg regardless if it comes here or not. I just wanna go to this damn show!

To the person (Je5u5, I think) moaning about people destroying/burning their Madonna collections over this: there were only a couple of people saying that and one of them was me. I can't speak for anyone else, but OF COURSE I wasn't serious when I said stuff like 'I want to smell bonfires' of Madonna memorabilia being burned. I was being an OTT drama queen but I would never actually do that. The sad reality is that Madonna could announce and cancel five more Australian tours and I would still (begrudgingly) be a fan. The woman has just given me too many sublime pop moments to throw them all away and discount them because she won't tour here.

My intention wasn't to *moan*, I was just pointing out those reactions were a bit, well, OTT. At the end of the day everyone is entitled to react however they want to and, like I said, I understand the frustration, I was just expressing my opinion. I actually feel really bad for all of the australian fans who were counting on her taking this tour Down Under and I usually check this thread when I visit the MDNA Tour forum waiting to see if there's finally some confirmation on this whole situation and hoping there will actually be a second leg that goes there and all of this is just a huge missunderstanding.

Sigh. I guess it's time I came clean with you guys about who I really am.

My name is Julia. Julia Gillard.

In all seriousness, I've always stanned for Australia and I'm kind of enamored with the culture and I intend to spend some time there when I get a chance. I've never been. I lived overseas (Abu dhabi) for awhile and went to school with a few expat Aussies, watched your morning shows, and ate a lot of your food brandsR

OMG I really respect you Julia, if I was a citizen I'd vote for you in the next election, I think you're awesome, I find you straightforward and your policies are forward thinking.

What's the bet after being met with flying water bottles and "fuck yous" Madonna STILL goes back to Paris for her NEXT tour :rotfl:

I just don't get it. Her complete non-interest in us is baffling, but she travels to these disgusting fans over and over????

She should pull a Girlie Show on Europe next time.

Do some of the UK (Edinburgh hopefully, so my mami can see her again :) ), Italy since they TRULY know what's up, and then jet back to places where people don't act like little babies who spilled their apple juice. Like oh, you know, AUSTRALIA.

What's the bet after being met with flying water bottles and "fuck yous" Madonna STILL goes back to Paris for her NEXT tour :rotfl:

I just don't get it. Her complete non-interest in us is baffling, but she travels to these disgusting fans over and over????

truth

Tbh after the mess that was created in Paris she should now decide to go to Australia to express her love for that continent and it's culture

Setlist:

1. Gang Bang (4th single :laugh: )

2. Papa Don't Preach

3. Hung Up

4. I Don't Give A

5. Best Friend interlude

6. Express Yourself

7. Give Me All Your Luvin'

8. I Fucked Up (Human Nature Mix)

9. Speech

10. Better Be Home Soon (tribute to Australia) (I Love New York Mix)

She will be dressed as Crocodile Hunter during the Transgression segment...

Wow France gets a special show and a statement but Australia gets a cancelation and not a second thought from Madonna &Co.....Karma maybe

Pity for Madonna for this to overshadow such a great show

Edited by roma

+1 and notice how Liz rushes and releases a statement so the precious little darlings get an official response while we Aussie fans continue to wait

She should pull a Girlie Show on Europe next time.

Do some of the UK (Edinburgh hopefully, so my mami can see her again :) ), Italy since they TRULY know what's up, and then jet back to places where people don't act like little babies who spilled their apple juice. Like oh, you know, AUSTRALIA.

I love you Miguel and if I was single, I'd fly over and make you mine :p

She has spoiled Europe way too much. Way too much. Saturation.

maybe she sould go to places in europe that she has never been before: in Spain, my city instead of madrid or barcelona for example.In England...well, is london the only big city? no! skip london! same in France, what about Bourdeaux instead of Paris 8for example)...

Which city are you again? I don't know why she always does Barcelona. Nothing against the city, I think it's beautiful, but a date in Madrid would make much more since since it'd be easier for people from all over Spain to come here because it's right in the middle of the country.

I agree she should focus on markets that haven't been exploded yet or as much by her previously for the next tour. Obviously include some dates in the US, Europe and Latin America, but also add Asia and Australia. There's a huge market for her out there.

Which city are you again? I don't know why she always does Barcelona. Nothing against the city, I think it's beautiful, but a date in Madrid would make much more since since it'd be easier for people from all over Spain to come here because it's right in the middle of the country.

I agree she should focus on markets that haven't been exploded yet or as much by her previously for the next tour. Obviously include some dates in the US, Europe and Latin America, but also add Asia and Australia. There's a huge market for her out there.

I´m in Bilbao.I don´t have anything against madrid or Barcelona ( well, madrid doesn´t have a good arena, Palacio de los deportes doesn´t have a good sound), but maybe if she tries a new city more people would be interested...anyways, you are right, it´s easy to go to madrid from all spain, and I guess Barcelona has spain+ part of France...

I´m in Bilbao.I don´t have anything against madrid or Barcelona ( well, madrid doesn´t have a good arena, Palacio de los deportes doesn´t have a good sound), but maybe if she tries a new city more people would be interested...anyways, you are right, it´s easy to go to madrid from all spain, and I guess Barcelona has spain+ part of France...

I saw both Rihanna and George Michael at the Palacio de los Deportes and I thought sound was OK.

Madonna would have to do the Vicente Calderon stadium instead though. I think she played there for Sticky, right?

I'm surprised she hasn't performed in Bilbao, she even went to Zaragoza and Valencia and Bilbao seems to be one of the key cities up north.

And re: Barcelona, I didn't see many french fans on the Barcelona dates, but who knows.

I saw both Rihanna and George Michael at the Palacio de los Deportes and I thought sound was OK.

Madonna would have to do the Vicente Calderon stadium instead though. I think she played there for Sticky, right?

I'm surprised she hasn't performed in Bilbao, she even went to Zaragoza and Valencia and Bilbao seems to be one of the key cities up north.

And re: Barcelona, I didn't see many french fans on the Barcelona dates, but who knows.

actually in Bilbao we don´t have many concerts, but lately more and more artist are coming here: Spreingsteen, George michael, Lenny, Sting,I think Justin is coming...when the new stadium is built, I´m sure she´ll come

Guest Fukujima

usually she adds Barcelona just after the italian dates, i think it's just a logistic problem, it is easier to go there from Italy than going to Madrid

So Liz said something about the Olymipa incident but nothing about this? There has to be a 2nd leg with Australia in it, if not why not just come out and say 'We did not cancel Australia because there was nothing to cancel, nothing was booked'?

El Palacio de los Deportes has a good acoustic, the artist is the problem.

So Liz said something about the Olymipa incident but nothing about this? There has to be a 2nd leg with Australia in it, if not why not just come out and say 'We did not cancel Australia because there was nothing to cancel, nothing was booked'?

Australia doesn't even register on her radar it seems, whereas she loves France - as reiterated by that silly 10 minute history lesson she gave to her fans at l'Olympia about their tolerant cultural heritage (40 minuted before they screamed obscenities and bottled her off stage :bad:)

Still no word or comment..

I gave it some time, was hoping I would feel better.. I don't

The press are starting to get really nasty.. I have never read so many negative articles about Madonna

She's been such a good girl since Evita.. and now flashing a sad old tit seems the only way to go.. or singing Gaga on tour!?

Seriously.. I think she went mad while no-one was looking

If there is anything still in the works or up in the air for 2013 in terms of itinerary, I don't think they can make new promises without having things set in stone. It would only further enrage people if things fall through again. I hope that Oceania get the show, especially if it's revamped with a few more hits for 2013.