COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Melbourne is going back to Stage 3 lock down for 6 weeks starting tomorrow following significant increases in cases over the last 2 weeks (highest ever # of daily new cases)

We can only leave our houses for groceries, medical reasons, work and school.

It is necessary but UGGHHH

7 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

Melbourne is going back to Stage 3 lock down for 6 weeks starting tomorrow following significant increases in cases over the last 2 weeks (highest ever # of daily new cases)

I think so many thought this was over but it is now worse. Hope Melbourne can get this under control. Sad too that we are shut off from the rest of Australia but can understand why as don’t want virus to spread more. Also hope that every state government and all Australians support each other through this. 

54 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

I can't believe that they've essentially imprisoned those people in the apartment towers, infected or not. I believe the only other country to lockdown this way was China, and the rest of the world thought it was a severe thing to do at the time. If that's the way the Premier wants to do things, I just hope that people in wealthy suburbs get police wardens and house arrests when cases appear there too.

40 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I think so many thought this was over but it is now worse. Hope Melbourne can get this under control. Sad too that we are shut off from the rest of Australia but can understand why as don’t want virus to spread more. Also hope that every state government and all Australians support each other through this. 

Yes, let's hope Victoria isn't treated as a pariah

3 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I can't believe that they've essentially imprisoned those people in the apartment towers, infected or not. I believe the only other country to lockdown this way was China, and the rest of the world thought it was a severe thing to do at the time. If that's the way the Premier wants to do things, I just hope that people in wealthy suburbs get police wardens and house arrests when cases appear there too.

It is crazy - it seems they are testing everyone in the towers hopefully by end of tomorrow and then putting the towers on same restrictions as everyone else with those testing positive moved somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

It is crazy - it seems they are testing everyone in the towers hopefully by end of tomorrow and then putting the towers on same restrictions as everyone else with those testing positive moved somewhere else.

Well that seems more reasonable. Thanks for letting me know.

Just now, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Well that seems more reasonable. Thanks for letting me know.

Yes - at least hopefully it will be resolved very quickly. They have basically imprisoned them

13 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Be strong Jan. I hope it gets better in Australia. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the second wave is sooner than expected in Europe. Some people are behaving so careless

2 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Bolsonaro tests positive for Coronavirus! Karma is so real! 

I hope it won't turn into deadly pneumonia that will either kill him or damage 50% of his lung functionality.

Bolsonaro took off his mask and told the press he's positive :manson: 

How irresponsible! I hope none of the reporters get his virus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53319517

He claimed that it's just a little flu. :bad:  and yet he took in ALL medication that were given to him to prevent the situation to get worse.

If it's JUST A LITTLE FLU, why bother to take medicine? :rolleyes: 

In Italy three months of strict lockdown paid off and we are enjoying an almost normal summer: 276 cases and "just" 12 deaths in the entire nation today (most of the new cases still come from Lombardy, the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the country.).

New York has gotten it under control. The daily deaths and hospitalizations are massively less. But many other U.S. states that barely took it seriously for months and/or opened back up way too soon are now exploding with cases. Dreadful! It could easily get bad here in NY again if we let our guard down. 

In Thailand now we might have two new super spreaders on our hands . A bunch of Egyptian soldiers who came here on a mission have tested positive for Covid-19 .

They were not quarantined . They were just put in a hotel and went out to a shopping mall . The army has a lot to answer for in this case.

Another case is a 9 year old girl from Sudan. Traveled with family . Dad is a diplomat .Came to Bangkok with family of 5 on 10th July . The 9 year old just tested positive on 11th July after being admitted to a private hospital . They were also not put into quarantine due to diplomatic immunity ( !!!!! ) . They were also staying in a condo not in the embassy or residence of the embassy where they could have simply quarantined themselves . Now the whole condo and its surroundings will be under quarantine.

Everybody is pissed at the government so nothing new there .

We're the nation's 3rd largest state... 70,000 infection last week.... it's an extremely small number as we have 21.5 million population

:rolleyes: 

Hope Florida will reach 1m soon by end of this month.

Dumspter administration still not willing to admit they downplayed the coronavirus issue :manson: 

Since when Joe Biden is involved in Dumpster administration's way of handling the pandemic? He's not the president, he's not reponsible for coronavirus issue at the moment. 

I feel like slapping Mercedes face. :manson: 

There's a Cambridge study claiming that Spain is the developed country that has worst managed the pandemic :dead: 

They clearly don't know what to do to save UK and USA face. Not to mention Sweden 

18 hours ago, karbatal said:

There's a Cambridge study claiming that Spain is the developed country that has worst managed the pandemic :dead: 

They clearly don't know what to do to save UK and USA face. Not to mention Sweden 

Italy and Spain and all of Europe were heavily hit by this, but it looks like USA is not doing good now...

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Italy and Spain and all of Europe were heavily hit by this, but it looks like USA is not doing good now...

Only 3 deaths and 200 new cases in Italy yesterday. We have everything under control (as for now). Italy is now one of the safest place in the world when it comes to Covid, but here we had a real, long and strict lockdown.