“Dark Ballet” thread

3 minutes ago, the-queen said:

M is a real artistic genius. I’m very proud of her and can’t wait to get the album in my hands very soon!

Me too ! I know it's not to everyone's taste but at this stage in her career am happy that she's just doing whatever the hell she wants .

1 minute ago, Steve said:

Yes Idolater review as posted above best line....

EFB32E54-CE58-46C7-93D6-930FDDFAF656.jpeg

To be honest I was very prepared to be disappointed in Dark Ballet but she got me by my Nutcracker !

9 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

By the way, how crazy is it that we've had 3 music videos and the album isn't even out yet?

Right???!?? 

2 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

So she did have more than a 4 second role in her own video!

the photo must be from behind the scene 

21 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

the photo must be from behind the scene 

I'll watch the video again but I was sure she was in front of the women watching the burning. All veiled, braided, and shadowed.

32 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

I'll watch the video again but I was sure she was in front of the women watching the burning. All veiled, braided, and shadowed.

Yeh she was but it was kind of blink and you’ll miss it...

I'm confused was the official full audio of Dark Ballet released before the video premiered? 

My friend told me yes, but I told him I didn't think so.

14 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

And my bad if this has been discussed, but are the twins making some of the blowing noises at the end of the track? Some of the breaths sound like those of a child?

Sounds like it’s them. 

31 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm confused was the official full audio of Dark Ballet released before the video premiered? 

My friend told me yes, but I told him I didn't think so.

It was on iTunes in the UK before it was on Youtube & on iTunes in some other countries before that. New Zealand got it first I think. 

3 minutes ago, White Heat said:

It was on iTunes in the UK before it was on Youtube & on iTunes in some other countries before that. New Zealand got it first I think. 

Yeah here in USA, it was pretty much simultaneously released at midnight, but the song was out in other territories before the video 

http://www.papermag.com/bops-only-muna-2638730598.amp.html

Bops Only: 10 Songs You Need to Start Your Weekend Right

Michael Love Michael

07 June

Madonna unleashes her latest taste of Madame X today, in "Dark Ballet," which has a dramatic Joan of Arc-themed video starring none other than Mykki Blanco. The song is indeed a somber meditation on the state of the world, and an indictment of perpetrators of gender-based, racial, and sexual violence. Over mild vocoder, a hard, slow beat, and a flurry of piano notes, it sounds like one. The song mutates halfway through to a severely distorted section where that piano races like a wild heartbeat and Madonna muses about "god" and people who are burned at the stake. There is also a clever, but no less impactful spoken-word moment during which the superstar tells those in Supreme hoodies (get it... white supremacy, in other words, she's saying) that the "howl of the wind" aka radical, necessary change, is near. Let's hope a new paradigm truly is among us.

11 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

http://www.papermag.com/bops-only-muna-2638730598.amp.html

Bops Only: 10 Songs You Need to Start Your Weekend Right

Michael Love Michael

07 June

Madonna unleashes her latest taste of Madame X today, in "Dark Ballet," which has a dramatic Joan of Arc-themed video starring none other than Mykki Blanco. The song is indeed a somber meditation on the state of the world, and an indictment of perpetrators of gender-based, racial, and sexual violence. Over mild vocoder, a hard, slow beat, and a flurry of piano notes, it sounds like one. The song mutates halfway through to a severely distorted section where that piano races like a wild heartbeat and Madonna muses about "god" and people who are burned at the stake. There is also a clever, but no less impactful spoken-word moment during which the superstar tells those in Supreme hoodies (get it... white supremacy, in other words, she's saying) that the "howl of the wind" aka radical, necessary change, is near. Let's hope a new paradigm truly is among us.

Interesting- I thought the supreme hoodie was just an ironic reference to the very sought after brand and the superficiality of that and materialism keeping us blind and deaf- but the reference of white supremacy / supremacy / trump / right wing govs adds another layer.

20 hours ago, White Heat said:

Thanks for info.

I didn't realize it was already out in some regions.

12 hours ago, Eltacubo said:

Interesting- I thought the supreme hoodie was just an ironic reference to the very sought after brand and the superficiality of that and materialism keeping us blind and deaf- but the reference of white supremacy / supremacy / trump / right wing govs adds another layer.

I interpreted it the same as you at first.....Supreme, not supreme.....but the white supremacy interpretation definitely makes sense. We know how M loves her double entendres too!

14 hours ago, Eltacubo said:

I think it’s supreme hoodies to indicate KKK the obvious but all types including clergy, various religious leaders, politicians etc. Unfortunately religion has brought great division and destruction to the world in the name of a GOD for centuries. 

Maybe someone else brought it up already, I was just wondering: has anyone else thought of Wendy Carlos during the piano arpeggio leading to the vocoder part of the song? Upon first listen it did resemble something familiar to me but I could not connect it straight away. Then over the weekend I re-watched a few Kubrick's movies and BOOM thought of Wendy Carlos. Just a thought.