new album thread (CLOSED)

3 minutes ago, acko said:

Um, my boss came & spoke 2 me about her new record.

This shit is definitely working :wow:

It does! Friends that are not that into her and obsessed with everything knew and millennial shit (e.g. Billie Eilish) have been posting about Madame X in their stories. Feels kinda surreal at this point. 

Friends send me teXt messages and whattsapp me that they have seen the preview video and wanna warn me there's a new madonna record coming! Like i don't already know for like a year and a half #soon! haha...Very cute though they think of me and very effective that outside the hardcore fans people are getting to know there's new music coming. It's working! 

I love the power of M!

13 minutes ago, acko said:

Um, my boss came & spoke 2 me about her new record.

This shit is definitely working :wow:

Yes! I'm seeing interest from places that think Madge hasn't had anything out since 4 Minutes. All the signs are great, let's just hope the choice of first single(s) is the right one!

9 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Jesus, he's still doing it @Kim?!?! Please get rid of him for good. I always scroll past his posts because I figure they're just copy/paste.

He never responds, but now he's had an official warning. Any more and he's out.

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:clap:   Yes and it is in every thread. 

Well the start of a brand new era would be a shitty time to get banned wouldn't it? 👼

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well the start of a brand new era would be a shitty time to get banned wouldn't it? 👼

From another perspective, the start of a brand new era is a shity time to read shit UNFUNNY trolling posts 👼

I'm so excited for this era as well ! Am so happy to be her fan .

Also ...POSITIVITY Please ! 

WOGL in Philadelphia (Classic Hits station) mentioned the album a few times this morning during its "buzz"segments, along with the weekend's other big events. Things like the Queen of Pop is making a comeback, mentioning her saying the album will not sound like anything else, etc. The  station plays Madonna regularly.

7 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Whaddya mean? Sorry I can't figure it out

My apologies. It was early when I posted. I just have a feeling  the album will have specific sounds to denote each persona.....like a motif and I definitely think this will be a visual album as well.😀

39 minutes ago, jonur said:
rekha said: 

What do people think the lyrics mean? Yes it's hard to draw a conclusion from 2 lines but still...

"The thing that hurt the most is that I wasn't lost" 

Maybe somebody sacrificing something for someone who actually doesn't need it???

That's exactly how I took it ... I'm going to be really open here right now and say that I am a recovering gambler... and that line hit me HARD because the last 2 years my recovery with gambling has been hard...and one of the BIGGEST things that always used to hit me the day after a gambling binge was "why did I have to gamble? Why was I trying to win some extra money when I already had some?" It was like I was trying to win an extra few bucks when I didn't need it, I was trying to find something I already had but I was too oblivious to realize it so when I heard that line I was like WOW that's exactly what I used to feel. I'd fall into this crazy obsessive state and be like "wtf, I didn't need to do that, I was fine, comfortable," etc. but fell into self-destructive behavior.

Sorry maybe TMI but I like being open and the fact that one single line from her can make me think this hard still amazes me... especially when it hits home as always with her. 

I really appreciate your openness on this! My sister is currently fighting drug and alcohol addiction and recently got into some bad trouble with it all. Our family has been trying to help her in different ways get over it all with every step. It's been hard on everyone to say the least.  So,  I can really relate to that line and pain too. I wish you all the best. Never give up!! And may Madonna's new music comfort you.  

6 minutes ago, flexy said:

My apologies. It was early when I posted. I just have a feeling  the album will have specific sounds to denote each persona.....like a motif and I definitely think this will be a visual album as well.😀

👍 Even better if she used different types of voices to suit each character! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

👍 Even better if she used different types of voices to suit each character! :lol:

That's definitely thinking outside the box! She is a skillful chameleon .....so who knows?😎

Just now, Andyrs said:

What does the ''9'' in her latest Insta story mean? 

The date is automatically inserted in Instagram when you take an old picture as a new story. I guess that 9 is because of 2019. You can swipe it down and delete it but I guess Madonna didn't want to. 

3 minutes ago, ursula said:

My sister has also been going through drugs and alcohol addiction (among other things). All we ever could do to help was - and still is - to love, listen, comfort and cheer up. It becomes a time and energy drain very fast and I'm still struggling to balance her needs vs mine to this day. I hope your family and you are keeping some distance for yourselves. 

Omg you know exactly what I mean! It's been exhausting. She's made us all a victim of it. Like your sister, she has other issues too. Sometimes we just want to give up when she gets so mean. Seriously, I wish you all the best and distance from it too. I swear...Madonna, her fans, and this forum has been a refuge in ways I can't count that I'm so thankful for. Thanks for your post. Huggssss xxx

9 minutes ago, peppermint said:

The PR has begun and it worked!! I got talked about the new record by 3 co-workers thus far, it's all over the canadian papers too. QUEEN IS COMING!!

Yeah, saw it in La Presse mobile this morning :laugh:

One of my teachers came up to me after class and commented on how the teaser has her excited for the next album. I'm glad it's getting recognized

1 minute ago, Jairo said:

MTV will have the first look this Wednesday of 'Medellín' with Madonna and Maluma. They just started the promo on social media.

could that be music from the new song or album? or is it just from mtv? sounds a little mirwaisesque