Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

So just a week into his presidency, Trump has pissed of or insulted the New York Times, CNN, the CIA, Mexicans, the military, the left, the moderates, jews, muslims, Madonna, immigrants, THE KOCH BROTHERS, Democrats, a couple of Republicans...He has even alienated some of his base with his hiring freeze and mortgage rate-cut suspensions. 

There's only so many bridges he can burn. Does he really think he can just keep making enemies and that nothing will happen? This is different than the election. Removing the highest ranked military officer from his permanent position is going to have real repercussions. I just hope they come before Bannon does something truly destructive.

3 hours ago, spazz said:

Seriously posts about trump being racist , misogynistic , sexist and bla bla are getting boring too. I dont think at all he's misogynistic , he loves women so much and thats what my old school friend who lives in USA now has told me.I called him last night reading this thread.

He thinks Trump will fix what Obama damaged like making the US a haven for islamists and Obamacare and the insurance system & taxes that take money from hard workers to spend it on lazy ppl who breed like rabbits to take more money on each kid.

Spazz,  There is a huge difference between womanisers who respect women and womanisers  who don't respect women.   Some men can be both for sure but Trump is definitely not.  Trump is one of the most sexist creeps you will ever meet.  He ONLY wants to be around women he wants to fuck and has no respect at all for women.  How many example do people have to provide of him that shows his mentality towards women. 

Secondly, this talk of universal healthcare and how bad and unfair it is always astounds me.  It is not for lazy people at all.  Rich and poor people should all be entitled to health care,  ditto with education and essential services.   People who commit welfare fraud should be caught and punished and they usually are.  I pay for private health insurance but am more than happy for people to have access to health care. hospitals and treatment - a must for everyone.  Ditto with paying for schools, education and welfare.   Why are people so afraid of it ?  

44 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

Even the lowest of the low, the most evil on this plant, are coming out against him now. The debate is over. 

Dick Cheney is one of the them! Lol. That shows how bad it/he is lol!

I would literally take eight more years of Bush and his cronies over this. And it hasn't even been 10 fucking days. 

Seriously, he is a DANGER to the very fabric of this nation. 

9 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

I don't reference Obama and Clinton to justify Trumps actions now , but to point out the glaring double standard.

Trump wants border enforcement = RACIST!

Former Democratic admins saying they want border controls = *crickets *

Bombing the living shit out of Muslim countries throughout the Middle East and selling them weapons = silence

Restricted entry for several countries because of terrorism issues = Racist

Oh I'm sorry, so your warrior crusade to expose hypocrisy amongst all the politicians is somehow supposed to be lauded as noble in a moment when there are people being detained at airports for prevented re-entry altogether? Oh how utterly TIMELY of you. :rolleyes:

I'm just leaving this right here. Though I'm guessing, like the man you voted for, it will be disregarded by a neurotic need to defend the vote you just threw away.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/no-barack-obama-jimmy-carter-9717520
No, Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter didn't do the same thing as Donald Trump's Muslim ban

Supporters of the President's unprecedented Muslim ban are screaming hypocrisy. But there are some important differences with what previous Presidents have done

Donald Trump supporters are asking why everyone's all mad about his unprecedented Muslim ban - because Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter both did the same thing.

Except they didn't.

While it's true both Presidents put restrictions on visas during their respective presidencies, there's a world of difference between what they did and what Donald Trump is doing now.

But it hasn't stopped a string of people claiming previous leaders did the same thing and nobody called them fascists.

Here's a list of the similarities - and a much longer list of differences between the controls Obama used in 2011 and Carter used in 1979.

WHAT DONALD TRUMP IS DOING (2017)
Ban entry to the US for people born in seven majority Muslim countries - Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen - including holders of legal green cards and visas - for 90 days
Suspending the Syrian refugee plan indefinitely
Suspending entire refugee plan for 120 days
Bans entry to the US for dual-nationality passport holders - meaning citizens of the above countries who also hold, for example, a British passport, are also banned for 90 days.
Prioritise Christian refugees over Muslims
Capped refugee total to 50,000
Did it out of the blue. Trump came up with his Muslim ban following the Orlando nightclub shooting, an attack committed not by refugees or migrants, but by a US citizen who was born in New York.
Of all the fatal terror attacks carried out on US soil since 9/11, exactly zero have been committed by immigrants from the seven majority Muslim countries targeted by the ban

WHAT BARACK OBAMA DID (2011)
Paused approvals of refugee applications from Iraq for a period of six months after two Iraqi al-Qaeda terrorists were discovered living as refugees in Kentucky.

What he didn't do
Base it on religion. Obama's order - which was done with very little fanfare - selected Iraqi nationals based on geography and a specific event, not religion.
Do it out of the blue. It was done in response to a specific event, and to allow FBI agents enough to gather fingerprints from captured roadside bombs, which they used to toughen their refugee screening process

What Jimmy Carter did (1979)
Placed sanctions on Iran after they held 52 American diplomats hostage for 444 days 
The sanctions included a block on all future visas issued to Iranian citizens

What he didn't do
Base it on religion. The block was targeted at Iranian nationals, not Muslims
Do it out of the blue. Carter's sanctions were the culmination of a long-running escalation of tensions between the US and Iran.

37 minutes ago, svperstar said:

Oh I'm sorry, so your warrior crusade to expose hypocrisy amongst all the politicians is somehow supposed to be lauded as noble in a moment when there are people being detained at airports for prevented re-entry altogether? Oh how utterly TIMELY of you. :rolleyes:

I'm just leaving this right here. Though I'm guessing, like the man you voted for, it will be disregarded by a neurotic need to defend the vote you just threw away.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/no-barack-obama-jimmy-carter-9717520
No, Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter didn't do the same thing as Donald Trump's Muslim ban

Supporters of the President's unprecedented Muslim ban are screaming hypocrisy. But there are some important differences with what previous Presidents have done

Donald Trump supporters are asking why everyone's all mad about his unprecedented Muslim ban - because Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter both did the same thing.

Except they didn't.

While it's true both Presidents put restrictions on visas during their respective presidencies, there's a world of difference between what they did and what Donald Trump is doing now.

But it hasn't stopped a string of people claiming previous leaders did the same thing and nobody called them fascists.

Here's a list of the similarities - and a much longer list of differences between the controls Obama used in 2011 and Carter used in 1979.

WHAT DONALD TRUMP IS DOING (2017)
Ban entry to the US for people born in seven majority Muslim countries - Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen - including holders of legal green cards and visas - for 90 days
Suspending the Syrian refugee plan indefinitely
Suspending entire refugee plan for 120 days
Bans entry to the US for dual-nationality passport holders - meaning citizens of the above countries who also hold, for example, a British passport, are also banned for 90 days.
Prioritise Christian refugees over Muslims
Capped refugee total to 50,000
Did it out of the blue. Trump came up with his Muslim ban following the Orlando nightclub shooting, an attack committed not by refugees or migrants, but by a US citizen who was born in New York.
Of all the fatal terror attacks carried out on US soil since 9/11, exactly zero have been committed by immigrants from the seven majority Muslim countries targeted by the ban

WHAT BARACK OBAMA DID (2011)
Paused approvals of refugee applications from Iraq for a period of six months after two Iraqi al-Qaeda terrorists were discovered living as refugees in Kentucky.

What he didn't do
Base it on religion. Obama's order - which was done with very little fanfare - selected Iraqi nationals based on geography and a specific event, not religion.
Do it out of the blue. It was done in response to a specific event, and to allow FBI agents enough to gather fingerprints from captured roadside bombs, which they used to toughen their refugee screening process

What Jimmy Carter did (1979)
Placed sanctions on Iran after they held 52 American diplomats hostage for 444 days 
The sanctions included a block on all future visas issued to Iranian citizens

What he didn't do
Base it on religion. The block was targeted at Iranian nationals, not Muslims
Do it out of the blue. Carter's sanctions were the culmination of a long-running escalation of tensions between the US and Iran.

tea-pot.jpg

So, if someone had to write that article to clarify, that means there were actually Dumpster supporters throwing JIMMY CARTER of all people under the bus??? 
REALLY??? JIMMY FUCKING CARTER?? One of the most "gentle" (to the point of fault in the opinion of some), non-confrontational presidents we've ever had?? I guess when you're drowning you pull anyone you can in to help "save" you. Pathetic.

LoveSpent, you do realize this mass tension he's nearly single-handedly heightened within 10 days isn't going to bode well for ANYONE involved right?? Trump supporter, Trump hater, doesn't matter. It's not going to take much more to put people over the boiling point. You do understand this don't you? This extreme anxiety CANNOT last for an extended period of time. Either someone is going to have to back the fuck off or someone is going to have to find an....ahem....#alternativeplan to MAKE someone back the fuck off.

10 hours ago, spazz said:

What you're saying fits so well Obama

syria-161-1.jpg

How long do you plan to talk about Obama, all through Trumps legislation? You should catch up with the news... it's 2017.

so are they looking at your cellphone and social media even if you are entering as a tourist? 

I mean, 95% of the people I follow in my Instagram are from Iran. So i can kiss USA goodbye for 4 years, isn't it? :lmao:

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

tea-pot.jpg

So, if someone had to write that article to clarify, that means there were actually Dumpster supporters throwing JIMMY CARTER of all people under the bus??? 
REALLY??? JIMMY FUCKING CARTER?? One of the most "gentle" (to the point of fault in the opinion of some), non-confrontational presidents we've ever had?? I guess when you're drowning you pull anyone you can in to help "save" you. Pathetic.

LoveSpent, you do realize this mass tension he's nearly single-handedly heightened within 10 days isn't going to bode well for ANYONE involved right?? Trump supporter, Trump hater, doesn't matter. It's not going to take much more to put people over the boiling point. You do understand this don't you? This extreme anxiety CANNOT last for an extended period of time. Either someone is going to have to back the fuck off or someone is going to have to find an....ahem....#alternativeplan to MAKE someone back the fuck off.

Yikes Kurt, that's quite a revealing post.

Alluding to some sort of violent insurrection to remove newly elected President in order to get  your way, are we? Go ahead and deny it but it's obvious. Keep posting stuff like this cause the internet is forever.

I truly hope the new admin will compromise with the Democrats and find some balance in the years ahead. Not as a response to threats but because it's the right thing for the country as a whole.

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

so are they looking at your cellphone and social media even if you are entering as a tourist? 

I mean, 95% of the people I follow in my Instagram are from Iran. So i can kiss USA goodbye for 4 years, isn't it? :lmao:

Uh-oh.....in Trump's America, you're Karbaterrorist!! :scared:

10 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

Yikes Kurt, that's quite a revealing post.

Alluding to some sort of violent insurrection to remove newly elected President in order to get  your way, are we? Go ahead and deny it but it's obvious. Keep posting stuff like this cause the internet is forever.

I truly hope the new admin will compromise with the Democrats and find some balance in the years ahead. Not as a response to threats but because it's the right thing for the country as a whole.

Uh-uh.....don't try that shit with me. Don't put words in my mouth. That's rich coming from you though Mr./Ms. "I SWEAR I'M NOT RACIST OR BIGOTED BECAUSE I VOTED FOR TRUMP. I LOVE MADONNA! I DO! I REALLY DO! I DON'T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR I DON'T I DON'T". That's what you people like to do though, so no shock there. Anything to fit your agenda. At the end of the day, what would violence toward him do?? NOTHING! There's someone even worse right behind him. I mean, boot the whole fucking cabinet including it's "ring leader" by LEGAL means.

23 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Uh-oh.....in Trump's America, you're Karbaterrorist!! :scared:

I don't plan going there, tbqh. Never been there, i'm sure that NY, Chicago, S Francisco, Los Angeles, will be AWESOME, but i can perfectly wait 10, 20 years :lol:  And meanwhile, i will befriend whoever I chose, no matter where they live. 

The funny thing is that Iran is the biggest enemy of ISIS. Iran has given ZERO terrorists, and is currently fighting ISIS in Syria. And yet, stupid White House (with Obama too) has always put them in the axis of evil, simply because they fight against Saudi ARabia too. 

ugh, i can't with the hypocresy.

Starbucks to Hire 10,000 Refugees Over Next 5 Years

Starbucks says it will hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years, a response to President Donald Trump's indefinite suspension of Syrian refugees and temporary travel bans that apply to six other Muslim-majority nations.

Howard Schultz, the coffee retailer's chairman and CEO, said in a letter to employees Sunday that the hiring would apply to stores worldwide and the effort would start in the United States where the focus would be on hiring immigrants "who have served with U.S. troops as interpreters and support personnel."

Schultz, a supporter of Hillary Clinton during the presidential run, took aim at other parts of a Trump agenda focused on immigration, repealing former President Barack Obama's health care law and restructuring trade with Mexico. The letter said that Starbucks would help support coffee growers in Mexico, provide health insurance to eligible workers if the health care law is repealed and back an Obama-era immigration program that allows young immigrants who were brought to the country as children to apply for a two-year reprieve from deportation and a work permit.

The move reflects the increasing complexity that businesses face when dealing with the Trump administration. Trump has met with CEOs at Ford, General Motors and Boeing and asked them to create jobs in the United States, while touting each announcement about new factory jobs as a success even if those additions had been planned before his presidential victory.

But not all corporate leaders have embraced Trump. Schultz added that Starbucks would aim to communicate with workers more frequently, saying Sunday, "I am hearing the alarm you all are sounding that the civility and human rights we have all taken for granted for so long are under attack."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/starbucks-hire-10000-refugees-years-45132062

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

tea-pot.jpg

My God, people are grasping at straws if they bring Jimmy Carter into this. As you mentioned Kurt, he is one of the most peaceful gentle leaders we have seen.  

What Trump is doing is disgusting, racist, heartless and unethical.  No excuses can be made for him. 

26 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

This is the President of the United States of America:

Is this actually real? 

I never thought I'd live to see a president with less intellectually curiosity than George W.

What's so incredulous about all of this is that there wasn't even a hint of imminent danger from any kind of terrorist group, let alone any of the country's on the list. It was such an unnecessary, mean spirited action that is just dripping with Islamophobia 

25 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

My God, people are grasping at straws if they bring Jimmy Carter into this. As you mentioned Kurt, he is one of the most peaceful gentle leaders we have seen.  

What Trump is doing is disgusting, racist, heartless and unethical.  No excuses can be made for him. 

Jimmy Carter jazzy! Jimmy Carter! lol WTH?? 

madonna-eyes-gif.gif

And yes Trump and his cabinet are all of those things. Promotes negativity and ignorance in turn causing deeper division across the world unlike we've seen in decades. I feel like we're quickly sailing toward some sort of boiling point where something is going to happen. Whether is be a large scale war, terrorist attack.....I mean we're even pissing off China. That's a BIG no no!! You simply CANNOT push people this way and expect them not to push back. Oops....is it ok for me to say these things?? Apparently, even just stating dissension, the wish he wasn't in office and dread over the inevitable crisis ahead is now considered an indication of a potential act of terrorism according to some posters here. Lynch mob. It's like 2003 again.....on CRACK! 

Of course it's all Obama's fault.....

S3SxKAi.gif

It's all Obama's fault, and Clinton's fault and Carter's fault - it's all the Democrats fault.

Got a leaking sink? Blame it on the Democrats.

Cannot take a dump lately? Blame it on the Democrats.

Alright, the Trumpster has finally done something that no other Republican would have done. I didn't waste time complaining about the pipelines, the funding for abortion, the Obamacare stuff, and all of the other things that ANY Republican president would have signed into action because it would have happened regardless of the person.

However, here is where the Trumpster will find his undoing. You see, he just shot himself and the whole Republican party (if they support him on this) on the foot. NO ONE in their right mind can with good conscience back this across-the-board ban on these 7 countries. 

Is it surprising? Not really. But now he will lose many who were trying to be impartial because he's crossed a line none of his rivals would have crossed. The damage he has inflicted to the Republican party (if the party does not stand up against this policy) will be felt for generations. In the end, I still believe that our institutions are still strong enough to block this from taking full effect as many courts around the country have already demonstrated. 

Here's the silver lining though. His economy-based voters that do not support religious bigotry will start to abandon him. You see, all the people that were lumping all Trump voters as so-called "deplorables" can with more accuracy state that anyone supporting him when it comes to this particular executive order is likely a bigot or grossly misinformed. With this order Trump has narrowed his support base. Fiscal conservatives with moderate to progressive social stances will distance themselves from him. He's cornered himself.  

Will he be impeached soon? Probably not. But he's making himself more and more isolated and eventually the winds will turn... and he'll have no one to turn to.

Still, I have a clear conscience when it comes to not voting for him as I suspected he was capable of doing this kind of thing. And I continue to stand behind my criticism of the media in being a major factor behind this mess. Guess whose profits are up across the board? Yep, the networks are doing great. 

But I won't waste time shaming whoever voted for him because I can understand why one would have done it. And I'm sure a lot of Obama's voters had buyers remorse too. However, as a Trump voter, you have a bigger chance of being heard than all of the Hillary supporters and those that chose to abstain from voting (or voted for a another candidate). So make your voice be heard. NOW is the time to do that. He has at least proven that he will listen to his base.