Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

One of the first executive orders of Trumpet was the go ahead with the construction of the wall. Following is today's response of the Mexican president denying the payment of it. The tone of voice of the message is something unprecedented in the Mexican-US relationship. 

:clap::swordplay:

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

One of the first executive orders of Trumpet was the go ahead with the construction of the wall. Following is today's response of the Mexican president denying the payment of it. The tone of voice of the message is something unprecedented in the Mexican-US relationship. 

:clap::swordplay:

I hate him, but it's true what he says. Mexico's top officials are in Washington as of today discussing US-Mexico Relations with U.S. top officials and the asshole Trump chooses today to sign the executive order to start building the wall. It's incredibly offensive and shows that Trump doesn't give a shit about anything / anyone. He's just going to run his government doing whatever the fuck he wants and threaten alienating the U.S. from the rest of the world. 

If that's what people in the U.S. want, more power to you guys. The wall is going to fix NOTHING. 

And another thing, the War on Drugs that the U.S. forced on Mexico and that Mexico followed orders on like a little bitch has wreaked havoc in this country. The U.S. told Mexico to heighten security on Mexico's southern border (Merida Initiative). Mexico has complied and now deports hundreds of thousands of Central Americans and people from around the world every year and immigration into the U.S. has dropped dramatically.

The U.S. and Mexico have worked together for years while Trump was trying to build a resort in Baja California that ultimately failed and cost people millions of dollars. 

But of course, here comes Trump with 0 experience or a simple understanding or even respect of history with his alternative facts just a few years later and now blames Mexico for all of the U.S.'s failures for which BOTH parties in the U.S. are to blame. 

Give me a fucking break. 

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I hate him, but it's true what he says. Mexico's top officials are in Washington as of today discussing US-Mexico Relations with U.S. top officials and the asshole Trump chooses today to sign the executive order to start building the wall. It's incredibly offensive and shows that Trump doesn't give a shit about anything / anyone. He's just going to run his government doing whatever the fuck he wants and threaten alienating the U.S. from the rest of the world. 

If that's what people in the U.S. want, more power to you guys. The wall is going to fix NOTHING. 

I hate him too, I think he's incapable of a coherent, decent and intelligent action. But at least in this instance he's posture has been strong and this message is a good surprise. The last 24 hours and the next days are going to be decisive in the relationship between the two countries. 

Agreed that the wall is not going to fix anything. Good for them if they build it, but not to the expense of the poorest sector of the Mexican population. 

Who is going to be the work force to build it??? 

2 minutes ago, GOD said:

Hey yo, San Pedro. Looks like you beat me to this.

Can you rename the title of the thread to Troland Dump? 

It says I opened it but I didn't... 🙃

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/25/donald-trump-advisor-steve-moore-explains-how-he-could-make-mexico-pay-wall

As a fiscal conservative, I'm appalled at the cost of such an unbelievable and unnecessary expenditure. This is not conservatism. This is nationalism. And if you think for a second Mexico will reimburse us, then I just simply don't have any words. 

As a human being, I'm appalled at the very idea of building a wall to pacify the ignorance, fear, and paranoia that so many have in regards to immigration. This is not protecting our borders. This is xenophobia.

If that Mexican president doesn't cancel his meeting with Trump, I'll forever view him as a spineless puppet. 

In Case You Missed It;
The Senate voted 51 to 48:
1. To end coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. To remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. To cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
For those who get health insurance through work, no pre-existing conditions. Lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone.
Real actions are being taken that will affect more than just the 20-30 million people who will lose their health care coverage and the 3 million people who will lose their jobs.
Despite their assertions of this being an action to "repeal and replace," no viable alternative plan has been proposed.
The House votes Friday.
AS OF THIS MOMENT, NO REPLACEMENT EXISTS.
Apparently, Speaker Ryan has had his phones cut off because of the volume of calls, so here is his mailing address:
1233 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Fax: (202) 225-3393
COPY AND PASTE THIS. (If you share it, only our mutual friends will be able to see it.)

The thing is even if Mexico refuses to pay for the wall, the US could easily tax the remittances (remesas) and make in someway Mexicans pay for it, this affects the poorest section of the Mexican population as always, the value of the remittances each year is about $26,000 million dollars. 

Mexico feels betrayed and insulted because while the committee was flying to Washington the presidential order was given, after today's meeting they will decide if Peña Nieto is attending to next weeks meeting or not. News are going 24hrs on the subject. In the other hand Trump announced the construction of and already built wall during his campaign so it obviously the first order he was going to give. 

Agreed that the wall is not going to solve anything or stop anything from happening. 

I know Trump affects us all, but he has made his campaign and presidency all about denigrating Mexico. 

@Love Spent thank u! :thumbsup:

sometimes it is hard to keep up in a conversation that's in a foreign language and present your thoughts in a smart coherent way. But I'll try to do my best. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

I've watched this 3 times. At least the comedy coming out of this mess can bring us all together. lol. 

Off course we are together forever till death do us apart

5 hours ago, Love Spent said:

I don't think Pena will be able to avoid the wall discussions for long. Trump WILL be renegotiating NAFTA, within weeks at the rate things are going, so avoidance isn't an option. Go ahead and cancel the meeting next week, the wheels are already in motion.

Trump met with business leaders on Tuesday. They ALL told him flat out that cancelling NAFTA would be disastrous. Mexico has always said they're ready to renegotiate NAFTA. Then he gives a speech yesterday that was completely the opposite of everything that he's been campaigning about. "Mexico is our friend. We need to help Mexico maintain a strong economy. Oh, but we're still building that wall whether Mexico likes it or not and they're paying for it.2 

This is what Mexico's Ministers of Economy and Foreign Affairs have said since last week

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.12.24 AM.png

Trump isn't going to ruin 20 years and 100's of billions of infrastructure between Mexico and Canada based on "alternative facts" and populist ideas.

Mexican president cancels US trip over border wall spat with Trump

President of Mexico Enrique Peña Nieto has canceled his trip to Washington, following US President Donald Trump’s order to begin construction on the border wall between the two countries.

“This morning we have informed the White House that I will not attend the meeting scheduled for next Tuesday with the [President of the United States],” Nieto announced via Twitter.

The announcement follows Trump’s tweet earlier on Thursday saying that “If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting.”

On Wednesday, Trump signed executive orders to begin preparations for construction of the wall along the Mexican border – one of the new president’s key promises from the electoral campaign.

The orders also beefed up the US Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and instructed the administration to cut federal funding for “sanctuary cities” that refused to hand over illegal immigrants to law enforcement.

Trump has insisted that “Mexico would pay for the wall,” while the Mexican government has rejected any suggestion of doing so.

“I regret and condemn the decision of the United States to continue construction of a wall that, for years, has divided us instead of uniting us,” Nieto said in a brief televised message to his nation on Wednesday. Mexico “will not pay for any wall,” he said.

https://www.rt.com/usa/375193-mexico-president-wont-meet-trump/

13 hours ago, Pedro said:

Who is going to be the work force to build it??? 

Seems like the americans will have A LOT of work in coming months... :chuckle:

20 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Mexican president cancels US trip over border wall spat with Trump

President of Mexico Enrique Peña Nieto has canceled his trip to Washington, following US President Donald Trump’s order to begin construction on the border wall between the two countries.

“This morning we have informed the White House that I will not attend the meeting scheduled for next Tuesday with the [President of the United States],” Nieto announced via Twitter.

The announcement follows Trump’s tweet earlier on Thursday saying that “If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting.”

On Wednesday, Trump signed executive orders to begin preparations for construction of the wall along the Mexican border – one of the new president’s key promises from the electoral campaign.

The orders also beefed up the US Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and instructed the administration to cut federal funding for “sanctuary cities” that refused to hand over illegal immigrants to law enforcement.

Trump has insisted that “Mexico would pay for the wall,” while the Mexican government has rejected any suggestion of doing so.

“I regret and condemn the decision of the United States to continue construction of a wall that, for years, has divided us instead of uniting us,” Nieto said in a brief televised message to his nation on Wednesday. Mexico “will not pay for any wall,” he said.

https://www.rt.com/usa/375193-mexico-president-wont-meet-trump/

Welp. There it is. 

He just keeps getting more/more shit every single day, every minute. lol Only thing to do is be completely numb and serve this out like a jail sentence or rape lol. Basically hope it's when not if that 'something' happens to make this end. I strongly believe and can almost feel the pre tremors that something is in the works lol.  Long as we have many, many days like last Saturday (which imo hands down was the best and more important day since 11/9) there is some hope for the midterms or something happens to him and many of the lunatic thugs in his (fart/puke/burp) administration. 

20 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

Very interesting stuff about NAFTA @ULIZOS. Trump just posted the US 'has a 60 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico.'

The wall convo is delayed but will happen eventually.

Did you just find this out? :lol:

BRLASSpring2014-SHAIKEN-USMexTradeBalanc

U.S. enterprises are still selling, as of 2013 (can't find anything more recent in a picture), US$181,700,000,000 to Mexico. Ending NAFTA from one day to another would DEVASTATE the U.S. economy. 

The U.S. and Mexico know this and this is why our stupid president on this side of the border finally had the balls to stand up to my stupid president on that side of the border. And this is why Trump now says "we want Mexico's economy to do very well!" Yes, because MILLIONS of jobs in the U.S. depend on it. After Canada, Mexico is the country that buys the most American-made goods.

11 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Is there any talks of impeachment already? I can't believe they let him get away with it. It's like the US is governed by the devil.

The U.S. is governed by a populist demagogue.