New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

How the fyck is Madonna chart poison in the US for years, when she has more top 10 asingles than ANY,ACT IN HISTORY and became one of the oldest acts to score a top 10 hit on the Hot 100

She is also the second most successful act of all time and top solo artist ever on the Billboard Hot 100

If Madonna scores another top 10, she will bbe the oldest female act to do so and she will be the artist male or female with the most top 10 singles at 40 plus, with 8, than any act in the 56 year history of the Billboard Hot 100

I cant sometimes with her fans

As usual, calm the fuck down.

How the fyck is Madonna chart poison in the US for years, when she has more top 10 asingles than ANY,ACT IN HISTORY and became one of the oldest acts to score a top 10 hit on the Hot 100

She is also the second most successful act of all time and top solo artist ever on the Billboard Hot 100

If Madonna scores another top 10, she will bbe the oldest female act to do so and she will be the artist male or female with the most top 10 singles at 40 plus, with 8, than any act in the 56 year history of the Billboard Hot 100

I cant sometimes with her fans

Madonna was also the Hot 100 singles sales artist of the 2000s according to Billboard, selling more singles than any,act in the US during the 2000s and scoring a whopping 9 #1 singles of the Hot 100 singles SALES chart that decade, more than any other act, if,Billboard based their singles chart on STRAIGHT sales like the UK, Madonna would of had a further 9 #1 singles in the US during the 2000s

Amazing for an,artist who started in the early 80s

Excellent. You just made me point even stronger then....or not.

First of all, I don't need a Madonna history lesson from you. I'm well aware of M's great chart achievements over the years (PLEASE don't tell me your username refers to the year of your birth, cos that would just be too much...)

OBVIOUSLY I'm talking about having the CURRENT power to go Top 5 or even No 1 on the back of a great song. IIRC, and I'm not fully versed on my recent Madonna Billboard history I'll admit, it's been a while since just having a great song allowed Madonna great sales and a great chart position in the US. In other important markets like UK and Germany etc that is still very much a possibility... until that inevitable day comes when she's CHART POISON in those countries as well.

Well I'm assuming this thread is for worldwide Madonna fans? Madonna may have been chart poison in the US for years, but (in my/our case) Madonna was still one hell of a chart force in the UK up until MDNA's disastrous debut and run of singles. So yeah, I'm hoping for brilliant music AND decent sales/chart positions tbqh. The great album campaigns for Music, AL, COADF weren't based upon the success of Madonna commercially in the US, but rather her worldwide status. Nothing will kill this new record dead like weak sales and low charting singles. Then it'll just be a case of diminishing returns, waiting for the tour and that's it.

Was AL successful in the UK? I don't think it was. There were great campaigns for Music and COADF but I don't think AL was a commercial high point for her in any country. It was kind of like MDNA in a way in that it had great potential but the first single really polarized people and if she had chosen a different first single it might have had more success.

Was AL successful in the UK? I don't think it was. There were great campaigns for Music and COADF but I don't think AL was a commercial high point for her in any country. It was kind of like MDNA in a way in that it had great potential but the first single really polarized people and if she had chosen a different first single it might have had more success.

Well, compared to Music and COADF maybe not AS successful, but during that period we're talking a number one platinum album, FOUR top 5 singles three of them No.2 - just missing the top spot, great TOTP appearance, Jonathan Ross interview, HMV promo concert, good press in the newspapers etc. It certainly didn't FEEL like any sort of flop era and is only seen as such cos of the (slightly) disappointing overall worldwide album sales.

I'd be overjoyed to have THAT for this next album.

^ the singles from AL were all successful in the UK

The point that I,was trying to make was that Madonna is perhaps the only act from the early 80s who still has the potential to score a big hit in the US, despite the ageism at US,radio.

HU and 4M spent,multiple weeks at #1 on the itunes digital sales chart

Even a crappy song like GMAYL made it all the,way to #2 on the Itunes digital sales chart

Not to mention the fact that her last 5 studio albums since 2000 all debutrd at #1 on the Billboard albums chart, a record for a female act with the most consecutive #1 albums that was juat tied by Beyonce last year

AL suffered in the UK from the stupid flag video. I had idiots at work telling me they had seen the banned video and all she does is rap in front of flags. I couldn't even be bothered to explain.

Well, compared to Music and COADF maybe not AS successful, but during that period we're talking a number one platinum album, FOUR top 5 singles three of them No.2 - just missing the top spot, great TOTP appearance, Jonathan Ross interview, HMV promo concert, good press in the newspapers etc. It certainly didn't FEEL like any sort of flop era and is only seen as such cos of the (slightly) disappointing overall worldwide album sales.

I'd be overjoyed to have THAT for this next album.

Okay, I actually didn't realize that. Because the AL singles weren't very successful here. But I do remember reading some reviews from the UK press of AL and a some of them were kind of negative. They complained about her being preachy, pretentious and not writing good melodies so I guess that's how I got the idea it was a flop in the UK. AL definitely felt like a flop in the US especially because on the accompanying tour RIT she did less of the current album than on any of her other tours.

I do think that AL did benefit from coming fairly close to Music so she kept the momentum going. I think MDNA did suffer from the relatively long break at least for her from the last album. That's why I hope the new album does come out this fall.

^ the singles from AL were all successful in the UK

The point that I,was trying to make was that Madonna is perhaps the only act from the early 80s who still has the potential to score a big hit in the US, despite the ageism at US,radio.

HU and 4M spent,multiple weeks at #1 on the itunes digital sales chart

Even a crappy song like GMAYL made it all the,way to #2 on the Itunes digital sales chart

Not to mention the fact that her last 5 studio albums since 2000 all debutrd at #1 on the Billboard albums chart, a record for a female act with the most consecutive #1 albums that was juat tied by Beyonce last year

Hell, she's the only act from the '90s that has the potential to score a hit in the U.S.

Well I'm assuming this thread is for worldwide Madonna fans? Madonna may have been chart poison in the US for years, but (in my/our case) Madonna was still one hell of a chart force in the UK up until MDNA's disastrous debut and run of singles. So yeah, I'm hoping for brilliant music AND decent sales/chart positions tbqh. The great album campaigns for Music, AL, COADF weren't based upon the success of Madonna commercially in the US, but rather her worldwide status. Nothing will kill this new record dead like weak sales and low charting singles. Then it'll just be a case of diminishing returns, waiting for the tour and that's it.

I'm not saying it's only US based, it's obvious Madonna has been a global artist for years and years, and I think the world charts are important indicators of success. Albums just don't sell that much on the US anymore, so those charts are a joke IMO. Most artists are reduced to their singles rather than albums.

Edit: additionally, my main point of all these rants of mine are that I hate seeing Madonna's success based around numbers. Being a fan as long as I have, some of her most moving and successful songs and eras to me personally, were more of her least critically regarded and commercial "failures".

Of course i'd like to see her on top once again, but she's still relevant and successful because in one way or another, she's the underdog that keeps proving her detractors wrong.

#1 or #101, it makes no difference to me.

I'm not saying it's only US based, it's obvious Madonna has been a global artist for years and years, and I think the world charts are important indicators of success. Albums just don't sell that much on the US anymore, so those charts are a joke IMO. Most artists are reduced to their singles rather than albums.

Edit: additionally, my main point of all these rants of mine are that I hate seeing Madonna's success based around numbers. Being a fan as long as I have, some of her most moving and successful songs and eras to me personally, were more of her least critically regarded and commercial "failures".

Of course i'd like to see her on top once again, but she's still relevant and successful because in one way or another, she's the underdog that keeps proving her detractors wrong.

#1 or #101, it makes no difference to me.

Oh Ryan just shut up....and kiss me! ;-)

Charts don't matter to me per se, I mean, I distinctly remember the days of Madonna struggling for a UK top 10 mid 90's while scoring US no.1s with TAB, Playground, I'll Remember (nearly) - but early/mid 90's is still my fav era of all personally, no matter how she struggled over here.

Given the choice, and given the fact that it's still a very distinct possibility in the UK at least, obviously I'd rather a commercially successful venture for Madonna and chart positions that reflect that. The better an album does commercially, the more enjoyable the era at the time is, the more positivity there is, the more likely we are to have thought put into decent singles, remixes, vids etc and the longer an era might last.

Obviously the whole landscape has changed anyway and it remains to be seen if MDNA was just a blip or if that's the future strategy they've decided on for all M's future releases. If that is the case then so be it.

That being said, and much more importantly, all of that in no way will change or impact what the album means to me personally and how I'll relate to it because, as the lady herself said...it's all about the music... it's always been about the music.

Oh Ryan just shut up....and kiss me! ;-)

Charts don't matter to me per se, I mean, I distinctly remember the days of Madonna struggling for a UK top 10 mid 90's while scoring US no.1s with TAB, Playground, I'll Remember (nearly) - but early/mid 90's is still my fav era of all personally, no matter how she struggled over here.

Given the choice, and given the fact that it's still a very distinct possibility in the UK at least, obviously I'd rather a commercially successful venture for Madonna and chart positions that reflect that. The better an album does commercially, the more enjoyable the era at the time is, the more positivity there is, the more likely we are to have thought put into decent singles, remixes, vids etc and the longer an era might last.

Obviously the whole landscape has changed anyway and it remains to be seen if MDNA was just a blip or if that's the future strategy they've decided on for all M's future releases. If that is the case then so be it.

That being said, and much more importantly, all of that in no way will change or impact what the album means to me personally and how I'll relate to it because, as the lady herself said...it's all about the music... it's always been about the music.

:french::smooch:

Well I don't mind where it charts, I just want it to be good.

I was just gonna type that word for word and saw your comment. Weird!

I just want the music wether it be good or bad

Who wants bad music?

Has Madonna ever released a GOOD track and not have commercial success? NOPE!

Hollywood and Love Profusion flopped in a lot of countries. So yes, unfortunately :(

At this point i don't really care about commercial success, she has nothing left to prove. I just want some amazing music (which i'm sure she will deliver), commercial success is only a bonus at this point.

Hollywood and Love Profusion flopped in a lot of countries. So yes, unfortunately :(

At this point i don't really care about commercial success, she has nothing left to prove. I just want some amazing music (which i'm sure she will deliver), commercial success is only a bonus at this point.

Don't stone me, but Hollywood and Love Profusion are not that great in my opinion :1251: Maybe Hollywood, but I prefer the JLC remix. On the other hand I adore Nothing Fails. Even though American Life is among my favorite M albums, if I listen to the album as a whole, I'm usually not too keen on the first 4 tracks.

I can't wait for the album to be released and we start insulting and threatening each other's lives about which track is shit, which producer she should have avoided....You know the usual...and the classic "This time i'm done, i'm not a fan anymore. This is no Ray of light".

BTW did i miss the fake tracklists or is it too early ?

madonna_luv_album1_o_Pt.jpg

^ OOOOH, i love it when some old fake trackslistings surface! That one is wonderful: The Darkess Void, Revelation... surely made up by some Ray of LIghter cumming at the thought of Orbit working on songs in MDNA!

From a US fan perspective, many great songs she's released the past 10 yrs haven't become hits. NONE of AL singles were hits (save for DAD), one minor hit from COADF with HU, one big hit from HC with 4M and of course the fly by night hit that was GMAYL from MDNA. Sorry, GT, Jump, GI2M, MA, Celebration........all great songs that either charted outside the Top 40 or didn't chart at all.

I don't quite understand how in one breath people will say chart positions are no reflection of song quality but in the next breath will use a "flop" single as "proof" of how bad quality a song is.

Well, ArtForFreedom is slowly coming to an end so it was time, though I believe it doesn't mean anything at this point. With any announcement we will surely get new photos as well.

Again if the US Billboard singles charts was based off of pure single SALES, then Madonna would of had a ton of big hits since 2002

DAD would of been #1 for 11 weeks!

HU, Sorry and 4,M would have spent multiple weeks at #1, GMAYL would of went to #2

If only the US singles chart was based only on sales like,the UK singles chart

Guest bluejean

Um, serious? Where do I begin?

Oh Father

Bad Girl

Bedtime Story

Human Nature

Nothing Really Matters

Nothing Fails

Sorry

Get Together

Jump

Give It 2 Me

All utterly brilliant and worthy of top 10

Guest bluejean

Again if the US Billboard singles charts was based off of pure single SALES, then Madonna would of had a ton of big hits since 2002

DAD would of been #1 for 11 weeks!

HU, Sorry and 4,M would have spent multiple weeks at #1, GMAYL would of went to #2

If only the US singles chart was based only on sales like,the UK singles chart

I don't think this is entirely true for songs prior to the digital age because if the charts were based entirely on sales a lot of artists that didn't have physical releases would have had them. So some of those chart positions and weeks she spent at #1 for physical sales wouldn't have happened.

^ true, but all of her #1 songs on the,sales,chart would,have at least gone top 10 on the main Hot 100.

And HU and 4M went to #1 on the DIGITAL sales chart as well as the physical