New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

Her success has nothing to do with support from other artists. Success in general has nothing to do with that. She had something interesting with her brand, like Gorillaz and Daft Punk.

I never said her success had anything to do with support from other artists. She has support in the INDUSTRY (execs, radio, etc.). She's been working with these people for years writing for other artists and has thus become a hot commodity. Something similar happened with Keri Hilson several years ago, and to a MUCH lesser degree with Gaga.

We got a lot of info about the Aviccii tracks that didn't come from Instagram. We knew about the writers involved, how M split everyone into 2 groups. And how many tracks were recorded.

We do know a good bit about the sessions but we haven't heard anything from Avicii himself.

Definitely curious about Diplo saying:

“One [song] is super weird,” “Late one night in the studio we got a little bit drunk and she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it. I think it’s going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly."

Wonder what he means by getting everything together.

We do know a good bit about the sessions but we haven't heard anything from Avicii himself.

Definitely curious about Diplo saying:

Wonder what he means by getting everything together.

properly means getting everything in place to promote it right. after the mdna promotion, she needs to get it together

I just hope they pick the right tracks for the album. I don't want to be logging-on here mid-2015 and to see someone posting a song that didn't make the cut and that it was brillo track.

Any who. I hope they take time and do it right, even if we have to wait next year (don't hit me :(). I mean, my ass looks good in super-tight jeans... I can wait :D

Well for someone who is pushing 40, isn't very attractive, and doesn't show her face in her videos and performances, your girl Sia was able to score a #1. Then again, that's all just promotional techniques and the quality of the song. I guess if those two factors work in M's favor, maybe there's a chance for one more #1?

Do you mean on an airplay chart? Because on the Hot 100 Sia doesn't have a number 1. I don't think she ever had a hit as big as 4 Minutes.

So, DrownedMadonna was right after all...

Did they mention it? I remember on July 25, someone commented in the Digital Spy forum that the whole reason she went to London last month was to work with MNEK (but obviously she was on her way to France too for the bday).

Diplo is just doing loads of promo right now for his new album and hot property. His collabo with Madonna was widely publicised to it's logical that every interview would include questions about his work with Madonna.

Also, this interview was done a great while ago, the album is in it's mixing stage and nearing completion, it's definately up for a Q4 release, which makes the most sense. Good time for promo and then tour in 2015...

Madonna has just posted back to the grind. #workbitch hmmmm me thinks the albums not done yet and by reading diplo's interview it may have just confirmed it

Well, it could be that she's heading to the studio to approve the final mixes and start preparing for her (non-traditional) promo campaign?

Hmmmm interesting!

After reading Diplos article on the album in more inclined to think there will more recording this year and the album will be out in the New Year.

It doesn't sound ready to be out in November!

The article could be misleading because the actual interview could have been awhile ago.

My feeling is that the recording aspects is hopefully done and we are in the mastering stages for the record, and she's going to start working on the visuals/the promotional aspects now in late August/September

To be honest i took that interview with diplo not going to the Oscar party and the 20 page text that him and M didn't start working till at least 4-5 weeks later. So if that is the case then no the album would not be ready. If M has brushed all other work from Avicci to one side and didn't feel it and liked the stuff more from diplo then it definitely would not be finished considering there were only 5-6 songs M had done with dip. I'm really starting to feel a 2015 release now to be honest, hope in wrong though i have been none to do that from time to time.

But Madonna seems very interested in Skrillex. Do you think maybe she's thinking into inviting them to studio? I may be wrong with so many djs, but i recall that they said that finally werent' working with Madonna, but she went to Ibiza and watched their session. So her love is lasting A LOT.

Guest Rachelle of London

But Madonna seems very interested in Skrillex. Do you think maybe she's thinking into inviting them to studio? I may be wrong with so many djs, but i recall that they said that finally werent' working with Madonna, but she went to Ibiza and watched their session. So her love is lasting A LOT.

I thought Scrillex would be involved somehow. She's loved him since the beginning, and even took time out during MDNA tour to go to his show.

At this slow pace, she will meet Niki Haris in a Starbucks (Niki will be eating 3 muffins, Madonna would joke about it while she smokes a cigar and shows her goldtooth: "While i'm exercising you are ordering food service") and they will make amends and then Donna will have her children in highschool and will be bored of being a soccer mummy and then they will be on the album too!

Here's more info from Billboard who also say the album will drop this Fall

"I think three [tracks] are just like amazing, smashes.
Diplo"
""Right when Billboards Jonathan Ringen met Diplo for the cover story, Diplos phone rang. He answered it, joke-barking, What do you want? and then, before the person on the other end could speak, said, Stop being a little bitch. The next moment he turned serious. Are you going to be in the studio? I need to get some stuff from you. Text me when I can meet you tonight.

It was Ariel Rechtshaid, and Diplo was trying to reach him to discuss four or five songs theyre working on for Madonnas next album, especially that track crafted with MNEK.

Thats what I was talking to Ariel about, says Diplo. I need those verses. I want to wrap that up. That song is on like version 20. It went from a piano ballad to a Turn Down for What-style song, which I didnt like. Now its somewhere in the middle, which is a more pop record.""

The record has be be further along because this interview was months ago. I think things are going to start revving up very soon.