New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

On twitter earlier there were rumors that a Dutch TV said the new album will be called "Jesus Child" lol

God i hope not! :lol:

Turn Up The Radio is far worse than GMAYL… imo

And I also like Best Friend, could have had a bit better production though, sounds like a demo.

Completely disagree but to each his own.

it's actually pronounced GeeZuZ Chayld (it's her Dita-esque alter ego for the coming era).

The cover art features Madonna giving birth to Jesus Luz while Brahim and Timor are standing by her side protecting the newborn and her mother.

you know which tv show? if someone in the music world said it, it could never much be true.

Perhaps it has been literally translated/lost in translation from Messiah? Just a theory

One of M's latest IG posts comes with the caption 'The calm before the storm #unapologeticbitch' :dramatic:

One of M's latest IG posts comes with the caption 'The calm before the storm #unapologeticbitch' :dramatic:

She was talking about visiting a club in Ibiza hence her next post.

Well, what does seem to get increasingly likely is that we won't get a second single before the album release, IF November's the month it will drop. At this point the lead single doesn't seem to be likely to be released before the end of September at the earliest, which won't leave much time to put out a second single before the album drops. Personally I don't mind it, if the lead single does well there's no need for a second single to be put out early anyway, but I just wanted to point that out :)

When was the last time she had a second single out before the album?

Papa Don't Preach?

...Girl Gone Wild LOL

Unless you're in UK that had the single like 6 months after the rest of the world.

Edited by Macromad

Guest bluejean

...Girl Gone Wild LOL

Unless you're in UK that had the single like 6 months after the rest of the world.

Oh yeah. I forgot how they rush released that one when GMAYL flopped.

Too bad it didn't help anything, neither commercially nor critically...Actually, I wouldn't consider GMAYL to be a flop, I mean it still went to the Top 10 in most countries (although it fell off again pretty quickly). I absolutely wouldn't mind if M's new lead single didn't do better than GMAYL did. It would still be an impressive feat to score a global top 10 or top 20 single after so many years into M's career IMO.

Do most of you realize that the only chart that matters is the dance chart? She's the queen of the dance floor, and still rules by a long shot. She will continue to release dance floor friendly singles to continue her reign. In the US the Hot 100 is a joke of epic proportions for the last several years. Billboard has proven itself to be a "play for pay" thermometer in terms if chart positions and radio-play.

The new album will be a success either way, because there are those of us that want to hear it and enjoy it.

As far as MDNA singles are concerned; GMAYL and GGW and TUTR served their purpose: #1 dance hits.

Do most of you realize that the only chart that matters is the dance chart? She's the queen of the dance floor, and still rules by a long shot. She will continue to release dance floor friendly singles to continue her reign. In the US the Hot 100 is a joke of epic proportions for the last several years. Billboard has proven itself to be a "play for pay" thermometer in terms if chart positions and radio-play.

The new album will be a success either way, because there are those of us that want to hear it and enjoy it.

As far as MDNA singles are concerned; GMAYL and GGW and TUTR served their purpose: #1 dance hits.

Post of life!!!

I'm really surprised to see we don't have any information at the moment. Not a single clue. This is quite intriguing.

Yes, that's true. Well, we do know the names of the producers and songwriters, but they're all quite different so we don't know what it will sound like specifically. It seemed like with previous albums we knew more. It's good she's keeping it kind of secret since it will make it all the more exciting when it does come out. The Internet has taken away some of the surprise of albums because it feels like you know everything before you even get the album.

:clap:

Well I'm assuming this thread is for worldwide Madonna fans? Madonna may have been chart poison in the US for years, but (in my/our case) Madonna was still one hell of a chart force in the UK up until MDNA's disastrous debut and run of singles. So yeah, I'm hoping for brilliant music AND decent sales/chart positions tbqh. The great album campaigns for Music, AL, COADF weren't based upon the success of Madonna commercially in the US, but rather her worldwide status. Nothing will kill this new record dead like weak sales and low charting singles. Then it'll just be a case of diminishing returns, waiting for the tour and that's it.

Well I'm assuming this thread is for worldwide Madonna fans? Madonna may have been chart poison in the US for years, but (in my/our case) Madonna was still one hell of a chart force in the UK up until MDNA's disastrous debut and run of singles. So yeah, I'm hoping for brilliant music AND decent sales/chart positions tbqh. The great album campaigns for for Music, AL, COADF weren't based upon the success of Madonna commercially in the US, but rather her worldwide status. Nothing will kill this new record dead like weak sales and low charting singles. Then it'll just be a case of diminishing returns, waiting for the tour and that's it.

Amen

The fall release details are starting to come out now, Annie, Swift.. Lets hope its soon.

Its in the papers and online that Coldplay, Katy Perry and Riri are up for the superbowl next year but they have to pay?

Didn't M say the NFL were more than generous with her to pay for the production? Sorry, off topic.

How the fyck is Madonna chart poison in the US for years, when she has more top 10 asingles than ANY,ACT IN HISTORY and became one of the oldest acts to score a top 10 hit on the Hot 100

She is also the second most successful act of all time and top solo artist ever on the Billboard Hot 100

If Madonna scores another top 10, she will bbe the oldest female act to do so and she will be the artist male or female with the most top 10 singles at 40 plus, with 8, than any act in the 56 year history of the Billboard Hot 100

I cant sometimes with her fans

Madonna was also the Hot 100 singles sales artist of the 2000s according to Billboard, selling more singles than any,act in the US during the 2000s and scoring a whopping 9 #1 singles of the Hot 100 singles SALES chart that decade, more than any other act, if,Billboard based their singles chart on STRAIGHT sales like the UK, Madonna would of had a further 9 #1 singles in the US during the 2000s

Amazing for an,artist who started in the early 80s