New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

HU was so massive here it's so weird to think it wasn't in the USA

I LOVE HU and totally consider it classic Madonna but its weird for me to think of the general public considering it one of her most iconic and well known songs up there with Vogue, Music, LAV etc. The last time Madonna had THAT kind of hit in the US was Music. It seemed like EVERYONE knew that song! I can remember radio playing it so much even I was getting tired of it. It got recurring airplay for a long while after that in my area if I recall.....up until AL era. HU just wasn't that seemingly universal or enduring hit that Music was.

Don't shoot me but over on billboard 10 things about Madonnas new album right at the bottom of the article they say disclosure is on the new album!. Go look for your selves.

Is this the article you're referring to?

http://www.idolator.com/7530929/10-things-to-expect-from-madonnas-next-album/2

It's not from billboard. They are just taking their information from stuff on the Internet so the Disclosure thing doesn't seem like it's confirmed.

The whole notion that Hung Up wasn't a hit in the U.S. is absurd. That song was definitely a hit. Perhaps it wasn't a smash in the sense that it was World wide but it certainly was a hit. The fact that it was a hit in a very hostile U.S. radio environment is still surprising.

I heard it several times on the radio that year and the video was her last to score a VMA nomination for Best Video.

From my perspective of living in the US, since 2000 these are the singles I have heard multiple times on the radio: MUSIC, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, Hung Up, 4 Minutes, and GMAYL.

It may be sad but being a US fan and hearing a new Madonna song more than once (outside the first weekend) basically means the song was a bonafide hit. That's how bad the radio situation has been here for her since 2003.

The whole notion that Hung Up wasn't a hit in the U.S. is absurd. That song was definitely a hit. Perhaps it wasn't a smash in the sense that it was World wide but it certainly was a hit. The fact that it was a hit in a very hostile U.S. radio environment is still surprising.

I heard it several times on the radio that year and the video was her last to score a VMA nomination for Best Video.

From my perspective of living in the US, since 2000 these are the singles I have heard multiple times on the radio: MUSIC, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, Hung Up, 4 Minutes, and GMAYL.

It may be sad but being a US fan and hearing a new Madonna song more than once (outside the first weekend) basically means the song was a bonafide hit. That's how bad the radio situation has been here for her since 2003.

I never said it wasn't a hit, only that it was a minor hit. I agree, it's miraculous it did as well as it did at that time. With that said, it's just not considered one of the classic, essential Madonna songs by the general public the way Music is. Of course everywhere else across the world it's as essential as Vogue or LAV.

You are absolutely spot on with those songs heard on radio since 2000. Those are the only ones I've heard as well. Music by far being the one I heard most followed by DTM, 4M, DAD, GMAYL (even if it was pay for play), last would be HU.....I think I heard it once on the radio. The video did get a lot of play though.

Take this with a grain of salt, but back when DAD was on the charts, I had an acquaintance that was tight with a DJ at my local Top 40 station. Although DAD got decent airplay, it was the first single released since the very successful run of Music singles and it didn't quite match up to the airplay success of DTM. Madonna at that time + Bond seemingly equalled huge hit. My friend asked the DJ why they weren't giving DAD as many spins and he flat out said that (in so many words) because she's old, all the while saying what a kick ass song he thought DAD was. Nothing we didn't already know, but still it was interesting to hear a first hand account vs internet talk. That was 12 years ago and radio is even more corrupt now. She almost HAS to do something like a radio deal or duet etc If she wants airplay. No matter how kick ass, groundbreaking the song is, as far as US radio goes it really is an uphill battle.

I was working in radio when Confessions came around. We promoted Madonna's "Hot new single" and played HU over and over. Also held a win it before you can buy it weekend for the album.

Other than that, the only time we ever played Madonna was during the "80's Cafe" weekdays at noon. Maybe played Music or DTM during the early afternoons. Nothing beyond that. It's all about what is fresh and how many spins you can play, because the lables will return the favors. They don't really offer anything when it comes to Madonna so there is no drive to play her without a radio deal. ($$$)

Plus, like someone else mentioned, radio was up R&B/Hiphop's ass.

havent read the thread but...

on the new album: yah i dont think madonna would go on weeks vacation if the album wasnt done & in the mixing process. september we should hear more, like making of video (call outs for dancers etc). new single october and album by nov/dec. perfection

or

the damn friggin album isnt even done yet and we're looking at spring release LOL

According to one of the Tribe mods (andifeel), the new is the last album under Madonna's 3-album deal with Interscope, unless the deal has been renegotiated.

The first album under the deal was MDNA, the second was the MDNA World Tour live album.

Guest Rachelle of London

HU was everywhere in Europe. It was massive and was around for ages. They'd play it 3 times in one radio show. I got sick of hearing it.

Confessions was a hit in America. She opened the Grammy's w/ it for christ sake. We had shit-tons of singles (unusual) and the Remixed Confessions was also released here (highly unusual for a dedicated remixed EP). HU was a hit. Let's move on. ANY NEWS YET?

Guest Rachelle of London

According to one of the Tribe mods (andifeel), the new is the last album under Madonna's 3-album deal with Interscope, unless the deal has been renegotiated.

The first album under the deal was MDNA, the second was the MDNA World Tour live album.

:(

Confessions was a hit in America. She opened the Grammy's w/ it for christ sake. We had shit-tons of singles (unusual) and the Remixed Confessions was also released here (highly unusual for a dedicated remixed EP). HU was a hit. Let's move on. ANY NEWS YET?

Yes, it was a hit. And would have been much bigger if she'd had radio support. I know people I didn't really consider fans who bought the album. That said, there were four singles. How is that shit-tons or unusual?

ok not shit-tons but unusual. Ok maybe not.. LOOK DON'T QUESTION ME LOL j/k

Now to the point of why I came back here. Just got done watching GGW from MDNA Tour. Oh it's glorious still! She's well and truly the Queen of Pop.

I want Iraqi Terror Bride for next era!!! <<<<< THIS.

We got 4 videos for Confessions. That's unusual is what I was sayin' .Isn't it? Still coming off my high from GGW Live. Can't think straight.

We got 4 videos for Confessions. That's unusual is what I was sayin' .Isn't it? Still coming off my high from GGW Live. Can't think straight.

No not at all. That was pretty much the standard. 4 or 5 videos.

Well if you include MATM.....

I don't.

Hell I don't even include DAD cuz that track doesn't appear on my copy of the album; it's a one-off, like Beautiful Stranger. DAD was James Bond soundtrack. AL was the first single, so we have 3 for that era.

How the fyck is Madonna chart poison in the US for years, when she has more top 10 asingles than ANY,ACT IN HISTORY and became one of the oldest acts to score a top 10 hit on the Hot 100

She is also the second most successful act of all time and top solo artist ever on the Billboard Hot 100

If Madonna scores another top 10, she will bbe the oldest female act to do so and she will be the artist male or female with the most top 10 singles at 40 plus, with 8, than any act in the 56 year history of the Billboard Hot 100

I cant sometimes with her fans

I want so badly she can break Cher's record as the oldest female act to achieve a # 1 song on Billboard Hot 100

Guest bluejean

Hell I don't even include DAD cuz that track doesn't appear on my copy of the album; it's a one-off, like Beautiful Stranger.

DAD appears on all copies of the album.

Deleting it from iTunes doesn't count.

Does anyone know when she'll be finished her holidays? Do we think she will be straight back to work? Will it be all systems go for the album/video etc?

She thanked Mert &Marcus in one of he IG photos yesterday. Could she have done something with them work wise whilst in Ibiza?

She's used #magic quite a few times now. What do we think about this? possible song title? Theme?