New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

I want a short & sweet 10 tracks album. :horn:

MDNA is a looooooooooooong album. :|

It wouldn't have felt that long if the tracklist had been organized better though. ROL had 14 tracks as well (including Has To be) and actually runs longer than MDNA, yet it doesn't feel like such a long album, it never drags.

I'd be fine if we get like 11 or 12 tracks, so would I with 16 or 17. Only the quality matters, as Kim said.

Now what would bug me much more is if Demo Castellon mixed the new album. I don't know why M favours him so much, couldn't she hear how flat Hard Candy or MDNA sounded? Her 90's albums sound better than those! And it doesn't take decent headphones or speakers to hear that.

Don't forget MDNA was a 12 track album. Let's not get ahead of our selfs cause we were blessed with 4 bonus tracks.

It's not like anyone tacks History, Superpop, and Fighting Spirit at the end of Confessions

I'll be honest , I don't really know the impact of the mixing on an album, but I guess from the responses this is not good news..

From Wikipedia:

"In sound recording and reproduction, audio mixing or mixdown is the process by which multiple recorded sounds are combined into one or more channels, for instance 2-channel stereo. In the process, the source signals' level, frequency content, dynamics, and panoramic position are manipulated and effects such as reverb may be added."

Personally, I think that sonically, the Pharrell tracks on Hard Candy, which were mixed by Spike Stent, sounded much better than the Timbo tracks, which were mixed by Demo.

Spike Stent mixed all of Madonna's albums from 1998-2005, but for some reason, she favours Demo over Spike :/

Don't forget MDNA was a 12 track album. Let's not get ahead of our selfs cause we were blessed with 4 bonus tracks.

It's not like anyone tacks History, Superpop, and Fighting Spirit at the end of Confessions

Well yeah but the thing is those 4 bonus tracks were tacked on at the end of the album, at least in the digital releases. I know some will rage over me mentioning her, but when Gaga released Born This Way as a special edition, the bonus tracks were spread over the whole tracklist, thus perfectly incorporated into the album and not breaking up the flow. I do believe that's a much better idea than just tacking on the bonus tracks at the end, most of the times it just doesn't work, the albums feel done after the standard tracklist is finished. Same for MDNA. After all the up-tempo songs, Masterpiece and Falling Free feel like the calm ending point to the album. The 4 tracks following up, which all are mid to up-tempo again, just don't work at the very end of the album.

Lmao I saw someone commented on his IG pic from Madonna's party with something like: "Don't fuck up the promo for this album"

This is so stupid and ridiculous and just goes to show that the majority of people on the internet are complete douchebags. Sorry but I want nothing to do with these sorts of "fans".

From Wikipedia:

"In sound recording and reproduction, audio mixing or mixdown is the process by which multiple recorded sounds are combined into one or more channels, for instance 2-channel stereo. In the process, the source signals' level, frequency content, dynamics, and panoramic position are manipulated and effects such as reverb may be added."

Personally, I think that sonically, the Pharrell tracks on Hard Candy, which were mixed by Spike Stent, sounded much better than the Timbo tracks, which were mixed by Demo.

Spike Stent mixed all of Madonna's albums from 1998-2005, but for some reason, she favours Demo over Spike :/

Yeah Spike was the best.

Yeah Spike was the best.

I gotta say though American Life is quite badly mastered as well IMO, I'd say even worse than HC or MDNA. Lots of distortion going on, you can especially hear it in Love Profusion and I'm So Stupid. Don't know what went wrong there, COADF sounded fine again.

Well yeah but the thing is those 4 bonus tracks were tacked on at the end of the album, at least in the digital releases. I know some will rage over me mentioning her, but when Gaga released Born This Way as a special edition, the bonus tracks were spread over the whole tracklist, thus perfectly incorporated into the album and not breaking up the flow. I do believe that's a much better idea than just tacking on the bonus tracks at the end, most of the times it just doesn't work, the albums feel done after the standard tracklist is finished. Same for MDNA. After all the up-tempo songs, Masterpiece and Falling Free feel like the calm ending point to the album. The 4 tracks following up, which all are mid to up-tempo again, just don't work at the very end of the album.

I disagree. I think ending the standard edition with masterpiece and falling free was perfection and if you were interested in listening to the bonus tracks, best friend was a great way to end the deluxe album. It was a disjointed album (sonically) to begin with so all the randomness kind of worked IMO.

It wouldn't have felt that long if the tracklist had been organized better though. ROL had 14 tracks as well (including Has To be) and actually runs longer than MDNA, yet it doesn't feel like such a long album, it never drags.

I'd be fine if we get like 11 or 12 tracks, so would I with 16 or 17. Only the quality matters, as Kim said.

Now what would bug me much more is if Demo Castellon mixed the new album. I don't know why M favours him so much, couldn't she hear how flat Hard Candy or MDNA sounded? Her 90's albums sound better than those! And it doesn't take decent headphones or speakers to hear that.

Honesty, I've never noticed a difference. I do prefer her older material more, but I doubt is has anything to do with the mixing. Maybe if I heard "Frozen" re-mixed by Demo I would be able to hear what you guys are talking about, but the quality of the songwriting, vocals, and production is what I notice first and foremost.

You have to also realize that albums are now mixed and optimized for iTunes and the internet, so maybe that's the issue, and not Demo specifically?

I gotta say though American Life is quite badly mastered as well IMO, I'd say even worse than HC or MDNA. Lots of distortion going on, you can especially hear it in Love Profusion and I'm So Stupid. Don't know what went wrong there, COADF sounded fine again.

That was intentional.

I think it sounds great.

That was intentional.

There were some unintentional fuck ups tho in the way the songs didn't cut off within their own tracks and a couple of seconds of Hollywood for example could be heard at the end of I'm so stupid...or maybe that was intentional. Idk ...I do agree the mixing and mastering on confessions was stellar!

Let's face it, MDNA should have been like this:

Standard Edition:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Beautiful Killer

3. Gang Bang

4. I'm Addicted

5. Some Girls

6. Turn up the Radio

7. I'm a Sinner

8. I Don't Give A

9. I Fucked Up

10. Love Spent

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

Deluxe Bonus Tracks:

1. Give me All Your Luvin'

2. BDay Song

3. Superstar

4. Best Friend

5. Love Spent (Acoustic)

6. Give me All Your Luvin' (LMFAO POS Remix)

There were some unintentional fuck ups tho in the way the songs didn't cut off within their own tracks and a couple of seconds of Hollywood for example could be heard at the end of I'm so stupid...or maybe that was intentional. Idk ...I do agree the mixing and mastering on confessions was stellar!

Yes, and the opening bars of "Intervention" still stuck on at the end of "Nothing Fails" :rotfl:

Honesty, I've never noticed a difference. I do prefer her older material more, but I doubt is has anything to do with the mixing. Maybe if I heard "Frozen" re-mixed by Demo I would be able to hear what you guys are talking about, but the quality of the songwriting, vocals, and production is what I notice first and foremost.

You have to also realize that albums are now mixed and optimized for iTunes and the internet, so maybe that's the issue, and not Demo specifically?

You can't hear the difference? I hope your listening to the CD or HQ rips. But listen to Give it 2 Me then listen to Love Spent. And don't change the volume on either one, keep at the same for both. You should notice a difference. And I know they are new Madonna and that you don't like them, but suck it up why dontcha?

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Beautiful Killer

3. Gang Bang

4. I'm Addicted

5. Some Girls

6. Turn up the Radio

7. I'm a Sinner

8. I Don't Give A

9. I Fucked Up

10. Love Spent

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

No it should have been like the original tracklist minus the shitty tracks

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Some Girls

I Don't Give A

Turn Up a Radio

Beautiful Killer

I'm a Sinner

Love Spent

I Fucked Up

Masterpice

Falling Free

I still don't think Beautiul Killer fits the album. But since so many fucking like it, blah blah blah, just put it on there to pleas dem bitches.

I disagree. I think ending the standard edition with masterpiece and falling free was perfection and if you were interested in listening to the bonus tracks, best friend was a great way to end the deluxe album. It was a disjointed album (sonically) to begin with so all the randomness kind of worked IMO.

Oh, I certainly think Masterpiece and Falling Free acting as closing songs was a great idea! That's why I was saying they should have incorporated the 4 bonus tracks somewhere into the tracklist rather than tacking it on after those two songs.

I get your point on the randomness, but the thing is, it makes MDNA an extremely hard album to listen to in one go, all the way from start to finish. The way the tracks were organized it gets extremely tiring after just the half of the album is over IMO, which takes away from the enjoyment factor of MDNA.

Just try listening to "Voices", with the heavy distortion on the bass..

Standard Edition:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Beautiful Killer

3. Gang Bang

4. I'm Addicted

5. Some Girls

6. Turn up the Radio

7. I'm a Sinner

8. I Don't Give A

9. I Fucked Up

10. Love Spent

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

Deluxe Bonus Tracks:

1. Give me All Your Luvin'

2. BDay Song

3. Superstar

4. Best Friend

5. Love Spent (Acoustic)

6. Give me All Your Luvin' (LMFAO POS Remix)

I actually love this tracklist you made for the standard edition. I woulda probably added love spent acoustic as 13, best friend as an iTunes only, superstar as a promotional song for bravo, bday song as a leak somewhere down the line, and GMAYL ONLY for the Super Bowl as another promotional single.

That was intentional.

Oh it was? Ok, didn't know that. I gotta say it does sound like someone accidentally boosted up the lows a bit too much. I'm not saying that's how it was, I don't know anything about mixing on a professional level, it's just that it doesn't feel 'right' whenever I listen to these songs.

Just try listening to "Voices", with the heavy distortion on the bass..

I don't think thats a good example, as that was intentional from Timbaland.

Yeah, mixing and mastering from analog is COMPLETELY different on the ears than mixing and mastering on digital (whether specifically for iTunes or not)...it's just hard to explain the differences. When you record on analog and with a live instrument, the sound is more full automatically and some of that fullness carries onto a digital format. When you record on digital, using digital effects as opposed to stomp boxes and manual EQ's hooked to different channels, it sounds more compressed, smaller. I guess what they do now is make it sound all pristine and beautiful to attract listeners (itunes mastered albums etc...) but the magic can be lost within the digital production.