Discuss Madonna's promotional strategy (or lack of) here.

Chelle hit the nail on the head there. The music industry is in the dumps. Record sales are at an all time low. Madonna has already sold hundreds of millions of records, and the way for her and her label to make money is to generate income through touring.

She and her team would much rather spend time and money getting a big tour together than go on a chat show and perform on telly in the hope that she may pull an Adele or something.

Chelle hit the nail on the head there. The music industry is in the dumps. Record sales are at an all time low. Madonna has already sold hundreds of millions of records, and the way for her and her label to make money is to generate income through touring.

She and her team would much rather spend time and money getting a big tour together than go on a chat show and perform on telly in the hope that she may pull an Adele or something.

Yes, from a financial standpoint that is correct, but a pop star needs to have a presence in the public and not just among the fans. If a tree falls in the forrest...... If a pop star makes music that no one hears.....

Yes, from a financial standpoint that is correct, but a pop star needs to have a presence in the public and not just among the fans. If a tree falls in the forrest...... If a pop

star makes music that no one hears.....

I agree with you. I still think MDNA was an exception because of the Superbowl (and Guy pretty much confirmed that.) She'll probably go back to her normal routine of doing a few small shows in the major cities to build hype for the album and perhaps give an interview or two. But that will be it. I hope people are not expecting her to be working the promo circuit because it ain't gonna happen.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with you. I still think MDNA was an exception because of the Superbowl (and Guy pretty much confirmed that.) She'll probably go back to her normal routine of doing a few small shows in the major cities to build hype for the album and perhaps give an interview or two. But that will be it. I hope people are not expecting her to be working the promo circuit because it ain't gonna happen.

:clap:

^ most fans on Madonna boards are expecting her to do a decent amount of promo with this album.

If she doesn't promote and the album flops, the same people who claim that they don't care if she promotes, better not be complaining when the media decides to rip her to shreds over the "flop"

With MDNA CASUAL FANS were coming up to me saying that they heard on TV that Madonna's new album was one of the biggest flops of all time and that they didn't even know she had a new album out.

It was fucking embarrassing!

This album also has to do well to support her touring income without the album being even a modest success and without having at least one big worldwide lead single, people are gonna be less interested in seeing her live and ticket sales will go down.

Witness the decline in ticket sales between Sticky and Sweet and MDNA anyone.

She has to reconnect with the general public, ESPECIALLY over in Europe (her biggest market) too this time.

And if Madonna doesn't promote or perform the lead single anywhere, then no matter how good it is it'll flop.

Let's face it, radio airplay will be limited at best, so she has to rely on Itunes sales and streaming and too get that she has too promote

I can't believe people in here are fine with her not promoting, her legacy is at stake, and at this point in her career it's downright career suicide not to promote.

She might as well sign up for Dancing With The Stars and call it a day then.

Guest Rachelle of London

^ most fans on Madonna boards are expecting her to do a decent amount of promo with this album.

If she doesn't promote and the album flops, the same people who claim that they don't care if she promotes, better not be complaining when the media decides to rip her to shreds over the "flop"

With MDNA CASUAL FANS were coming up to me saying that they heard on TV that Madonna's new album was one of the biggest flops of all time and that they didn't even know she had a new album out.

This album also has to do well to support her touring income without the album being even a modest success and without having at least one big worldwide lead single, people are gonna be less interested in seeing her live and ticket sales will go down.

She has to reconnect with the general public, ESPECIALLY over in Europe (her biggest market) too this time.

And if Madonna doesn't promote or perform the lead single anywhere, then no matter how good it is it'll flop.

Let's face it, radio airplay will be limited at best, so she has to rely on Itunes sales and streaming and too get that she has too promote

I can't believe people in here are fine with her not promoting, her legacy is at stake, and at this point in her career it's downright career suicide not to promote.

Oh stop it! Seriously, everyone on here is sick of it.

Guest Rachelle of London

tumblr_muzpwj47hN1s5optno1_500.gif

You need to RELAX... Geez

It's awful! I've seen less meltdowns from Monsters. When did Madonna have fans that behaved in this way. It's surreal

^ not trying to be annoying, but I thought ALL FANS WERE ON THE SAME PAGE with regards to promo.

All I'm saying is that I love Madonna and I want her to do good in all areas, especially commercial AND critical success.

I know the album will be great, because she's never let me down before.

And I know the tour will be great too.

Seriously

Calm down.

It's awful! I've seen less meltdowns from Monsters. When did Madonna have fans that behaved in this way. It's surreal

I mean, I appreciate his concern but there are only so many times that you can go on and on and on (and on) about the same subject... If your fandom depends on what other people think of M and how popular she is, then there is something wrong.

OF COURSE we want Madonna to succeed in everything she does. But from the way I see, she might not win every battle but she has already won the war. She's legend. Icon. Forever. Everything else is just a bonus...

Good lord.....lol. Her legacy is signed and sealed, more or less promotion for this album isn't going to make or break her career. That's completely absurd. With no Super Bowl and album sales in general being even more in the shitter now than even 2 years ago, even with promotion she's going to struggle to reach MDNA numbers. Those pre-sale and the ticket bundling promotion really boosted her numbers and a good portion of those numbers were initiated by her promo at the Super Bowl......that in itself equaled or bested any other traditional promo rounds she could've done at the time on Ellen, Letterman etc. That was the biggest audience she has ever performed in front of.

MDNA was her best tour IMO, if she were busy performing cheap lip synced TV studio versions of GGW on every morning show she can make it to or answering the same "how do u keep so fit"......."how do u balance motherhood with your career" boring questions in lieu of putting all her energy into her stage show, that's when I would feel cheated. You can keep your daytime promo for the housewives, I'm gonna be a ball of energy when I'm actually AT HER SHOW and she hits the stage at midnight. ;) And if I'm paying $400+ for this, it better be (and it always is) fantastic. As long as the music and her tours are great, I could care less how she wants to promote. A hit lead single that connects is the best promo she can have. 4M, HU, Music, Frozen were all huge hits before she ever even promoted them.

Demanding this or that from artists, or complaining about quality of DVDs(they complain even when it's decent quality. ''Oh it wasn't shot with whatever quality cameras.'' etc) sometimes cringes me. Artists don't do as much promotion as before now. Whose fault is that? It's us! We simply don't spend money on music anymore. Appearing on TV shows is still a good publicity stant, but it doesn't tranlate into profits. That's why the record companies stopped doing things they used to do. Don't you just think demanding hardcore promotion(of their CDs), super quality DVDs, DVDs extras without actually paying much money is unreasobale? Even if they do that, we all get hold of them illegally or for free by watching it on Youtube etc. Artists kinda stopped doing them because, as I said, we all don't pay much money! Simple as that! If we want hardcore promotion, great quality extra stuff, then we need to spend more money on music! The industry is short of disposable cash because of the internet and they're trying to find a way to get people pay for their work. On top of that, touring is the money source for them now, but we kinda started complaining about the ticket prices etc etc. Why are concerts more expensive now? Because we don't pay for music itself anymore. It seems like all we do is complain and demand nowadays. Unreasobale, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I think promotion is still somehow important for any artist. And if Madonna does a lot of TV promotion etc, it'll be great and I want that, too. But if she doesn't, I kinda understand that, too.

Nothing beats a good meltdown, Melrose is the new Kweem (Queen Kim, the hardcore Kylie hater)

Kim does not have meltdowns. He entertains us in the Kylie thread and I am not sure why you have to bring Flop Princess topics to the Madonna section. Gee, some people on this forum are making me have a bloody mini-melt-down. !

Melrose, you have asked if people here are true fans - people who have been massive fans for years. Now I am asking you why ( as a fan ) you continually bring up all of the negative views of non fans and media all the time. Do you want everyone to think that Madonna is a flop artist.

I would love to see Madonna do promotion because I love seeing her but I am finding your predictions of career suicide etc way over the top.

:clap: :clap:

Nothing beats a good meltdown, Melrose is the new Kweem (Queen Kim, the hardcore Kylie hater)

I'll be nice about it only once. STOP mentioning me all the time. Keep it in the kylie thread if you must (and get a sense of humour while ur at it)

Kim does not have meltdowns. He entertains us in the Kylie thread and I am not sure why you have to bring Flop Princess topics to the Madonna section. Gee, some people on this forum are making me have a bloody mini-melt-down. !

Don't worry about em, Jan. I learned with the MDNA era that the more you pay attention to the negativity, the less you're going to enjoy the era! Leave the drama queens alone and pray that one day they learn the error of their ways. :D

Besides, you're too much of a queen for a meltdown! :kiss2:

Seriously Jazzy, has some other fleapit Madonna board shut down or something? Where are half these people crawling out from under?

^ not trying to be annoying, but I thought ALL FANS WERE ON THE SAME PAGE with regards to promo.

All I'm saying is that I love Madonna and I want her to do good in all areas, especially commercial AND critical success.

I know the album will be great, because she's never let me down before.

And I know the tour will be great too.

STOP reading atrl and all that junk. (judging your posts here I'm certain you do)

I do it too sometimes and it's just depressing. not only that, I actually feel my IQ dropping when I read the shit they say. some of them have 60,000 posts and the majority of them are about how sad and pathetic Madonna (or anyone else who isn't angelina jolie) is. don't listen to that junk. it's fine from time to time but you shouldn't worry so much about it. it's not real life. most of those people are ignorant fools who have nothing to do other than invest in their reputation of a stupid pop forum.

Only on a Madonna forum, I swear. We've already had 2 major meltdowns (when Avicii was announced as a producer; and then discussing potential promotion or lack thereof) and we haven't even heard a single note from her new material yet.

May I ask you all please to keep this thread to discussing news updates and potential rumours / exciting tidbits about the upcoming album only and leave your drama elsewhere. Otherwise I will start deleting and editing posts and/or issuing warnings.

Don't worry about em, Jan. I learned with the MDNA era that the more you pay attention to the negativity, the less you're going to enjoy the era! Leave the drama queens alone and pray that one day they learn the error of their ways. :D

Besides, you're too much of a queen for a meltdown! :kiss2:

Thanks Adrian :kiss2:

Seriously Jazzy, has some other fleapit Madonna board shut down or something? Where are half these people crawling out from under?

:chuckle: Madonnatribe are trying to stamp out the negative people so I think some of them thought they could come here. They are in for a rude awakening though.

Sorry Suedehead, my last post was just replying to posts. Won't make any other comments unless about the new album.

It's alright babe. I was referring mainly to Pink Matter - there's no need to bring the fun we're having in the Kilo thread into here.

My guess is Rihanna. Especially with the Jay Z connection.

Melrose, you have asked if people here are true fans - people who have been massive fans for years. Now I am asking you why ( as a fan ) you continually bring up all of the negative views of non fans and media all the time. Do you want everyone to think that Madonna is a flop artist.

I would love to see Madonna do promotion because I love seeing her but I am finding your predictions of career suicide etc way over the top.

Obviously this person is a moron.

I think she knows her last two albums under performed and she'll do enough promo this time, I think she's aware now that promo is needed, she's a smart business woman, we will get promo this time

Nope.

She did a lot of promo for HC.

Yep.

I don't think traditional promo will exist anymore. I will be glad if she did a couple of performances on TV, like happened for Confessions. But that's all. I can't imagine anything else.

What WILL happen is that she wil be back with a bang. She has been all quiet with her last albums, but she's going to shock this time. She will go viral, she knows it's the way.

Sorry but when has Madonna ever done traditional promo anyway? I've never seen her perform on The X Factor or any of those shit shows and thank God for that.

A little bit more of her usual brand of promo (mini-shows, high-class interviews) would be nice but I certainly don't expect her to be whoring herself on some pathetic highly-rated talent contest to sell a few more records. She's above that, always has been and always will be.