Discuss Madonna's promotional strategy (or lack of) here.

I think we can expect a full traditional promo tour for this album.. last time there was no time because of the movie, the superbowl and then tour.. this time around I would imagine she will make up for it with a big publicity blitz and with the Clear Channel deal, the first single will be guaranteed good promo on radio so if she puts out something good ... could have her biggest hit since pre American Life era

Guest Not4Pussies

If the first single is a worldwide success and it doesn't feature other artists (she can't really go out and perform the first single if other artists are featured. They may not be available and it will cost her money) she will promote the hell out of the album (Rol, Music, Coadf) if not she will do minimal promo and move on and focus on other projects and tour (al, HC, mdna)

Not purely out of selfishness, but I think it's time to have a lead single solo Madonna. The GP is too scatterbrained to focus on a Madonna(feat...) single. Even 4M was thought of as JT(feat Madonna)...At least when I heard it on the radio here.

Not purely out of selfishness, but I think it's time to have a lead single solo Madonna. The GP is too scatterbrained to focus on a Madonna(feat...) single. Even 4M was thought of as JT(feat Madonna)...At least when I heard it on the radio here.

That's because she did the backing vocals on 4M.

^ I like it!

Like I stated upthread Madonna is an EXTREMELY smart business woman and she and Guy O. are aware of the criticisms of the non traditional promo bulkshit of MDNA

She won't repeat that mistake again

Just last week she shot the upcoming cover of Vogue magazine

My guess is to kick off the TRADITIONAL promo campaign this time around.

^ it was when she posted the infamous armpit hair pic, she said she was wearing Armani for a Vogue photo shoot

I'm assuming it's the cover, since Madonna ONLY does big magazine shoots for covers and it was reported last year that Anna Wintour wanted to put Madonna on the cover and to have her perform at the annual Fashion Rocks gala.

Madonna turned her down on both accounts.

^ it was when she posted the infamous armpit hair pic, she said she was wearing Armani for a Vogue photo shoot

I'm assuming it's the cover, since Madonna ONLY does big magazine shoots for covers and it was reported last year that Anna Wintour wanted to put Madonna on the cover and to have her perform at the annual Fashion Rocks gala.

Madonna turned her down on both accounts.

But that was for L'Uomo Vogue

Before we start talking about what Madonna should do, first we have to make sure the new album is not just another BUZZ album like MDNA was in some areas like the UK, Australia etc. It has got to be a proper album release.

So the label should get it together first and whatever Madonna does would be welcome.

I think she should release the first single with just a bit of fanfare and promotion. The 1st Madonna single is always an event, so I think promotion should be spread over between single 1 and 2, to give another song the chance to do well. Also, I think that for single #3 (or #4!!) she should just let fans decide: see which performance catches concert goers attention/eyes more, which one they prefer, and go with it as a single and film a live video of it... my two cents of today :)

Guest Rachelle of London

She should leave Interscope and be with someone like Capitol, Katy's record label.

Doesn't really matter which label she's with they're all the a same company.

Before we start talking about what Madonna should do, first we have to make sure the new album is not just another BUZZ album like MDNA was in some areas like the UK, Australia etc. It has got to be a proper album release.

I'm sorry, but it was a proper release. It wasn't a buzz album at all!