Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

Guest Pud Whacker

Riverwide's comments

"What makes it harder to deal with, is that for well over 20 years, practically everything she did was so effortlessly fantastic. Last night was neither effortless or fantastic. Oh how I wish she had just retired after Confessions. I never for a second thought things would ever get this bad. Yikes".

" Also, and I'm genuinely not just being a hater here, but at this point she looks like she's in her late 60s. I can't believe the woman is still only 55. She looks at LEAST a decade older. She looks like something that was dug up last night".

This is the person that thinks Lady Gaga is fantastic? :lol:

Well, all I can say is Madonna is 55 and if it were any other music legend with 30 years of extreme success under their belt, I'm sure he would applaud it.

I thought it was magnificent how everyone in the audience was singing Open Your Heart. That was beautiful. I thought Madonna looked and sounded fantastic. Loved her harmonizing with Mary Lambert No.2.

I thought Madonnas (and Beyonces) performance was really great, the rest not so much. I am yet to see Daft Punks tho.

Madonna was just on UK news with last nights performance report.

Amazing and beautiful I loved it

She would get criticized by people of course, why change 30 years if habit

As said it was understated and gorgeous and yet again she gets the headlines. Queen of irrelevance.

Fuck the haters. She doesn't give a shit why should you?

yeah but it's people who even say "why is madonna there with macklemore! she's out of place! she's doing it for publicity!" that annoys me. she's been a gay advocate for years (one could argue in her own anonymous way before her career started) do people really need simplistic and literal messages such as "i love gays" every day for people to take her seriously? why is she rarely getting praise for it? it's like they ignore all her good and positive messages and cheapen it to miley -ish business. (same with pussy riot, marine le pen, showing her boobs in human nature..) when it's gaga and those other new stars they always say positive things as if they're mother theresa, M does an even better thing and gets shit for it.

Guest Not4Pussies

I liked the performance. It was touching and I enjoyed her part and OYH. Her outfits were fucking cool. I loved them. I did notice her posture. Is her foot ok or what us going on? She seems to be slouching. And as much as I dislike when people mention the face and nitpick it, she needs to fire gina Brooke because cheeks or not we know her face has looked amazing in the past year. The times it has looked ace gina Brooke wasn't involved. Oh and go check what gwen stefani has uploaded on her Facebook. So obvious.

I can't even deal with the amount of negativity I'm hearing/seeing about last night. I don't even want to read this thread or look at anything media-related right now. Which is so not like me. The worst part is that so much of it is coming from gays, women, and past and present Madonna fans. Now, most of you know that I don't believe criticism means you're not a fan. In fact, I think constructive criticism means you care. There are so many things I didn't like about Madonna's appearance/performance, but the constant ageism/sexism (which began before she even set foot on the red carpet) and the questioning of her intentions is mind-boggling to me.

Still think that the suits and hats weren't very flattering. People at work are commenting (those who bother to comment, she didn't seem to have stolen the show this time at leas for people surrounding me) just how botoxed she is and how rigid she seems. I liked the performance, but i don't know if it has been a very positive one for her.

(dont' throw stones at me for giving my opinion, please).

Surprising and totally unpredictable

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-smile.gif

Yeah all the negativity has been such a downer. It's unbelievable. I also why post what riverwide has said?

I agree. What's the point? Why do we give him so much importance?

Huffington Post

GRAMMYS 2014: Madonna Sings 'Open Your Heart' As 33 Weddings Happen Around Her

The Huffington Post UK | Posted: 27/01/2014 06:07 GMT | Updated: 27/01/2014 09:59 GMT

Madonna may be controversial at times, but she proved her heart to be in the right place, as she donned a cowboy hat at this year's Grammy Awards, to sing her hit 'Open Your Heart' gospel-style as the soundtrack to 33 weddings, live in the arena.

Madonna took to the stage alongside Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the 56th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday (Jan. 26). The trio also performed 'Same Love' with Mary Lambert, who's featured on the track. Queen Latifah introduced the performance and officiated the mini-weddings - all 33 of them, which took place live in the aisles below.

Madonna announced last weekend that she would join an act onstage, but it wasn't until one day before the telecast that we knew the capacity in which she'd appear. She joined the performance two-thirds of the way in, wearing a sleek white pantsuit.

The 33 couples involved represented all demographics: gay, straight, interracial and spanning a variety of ages. Lewis' sister was reportedly among the couples, marrying her boyfriend.

I can't even deal with the amount of negativity I'm hearing/seeing about last night. I don't even want to read this thread or look at anything media-related right now. Which is so not like me. The worst part is that so much of it is coming from gays, women, and past and present Madonna fans. Now, most of you know that I don't believe criticism means you're not a fan. In fact, I think constructive criticism means you care. There are so many things I didn't like about Madonna's appearance/performance, but the constant ageism/sexism (which began before she even set foot on the red carpet) and the questioning of her intentions is mind-boggling to me.

Isn't most of the negativity online though at various forums which are known for being bitchy about every artist like that awful popjustice forum? I saw some reviews of it in regular newspapers and they were all very positive, including the NY Post and the Daily News which are usually negative. It's the nature of the Internet for people to say horrible things about artists so even though I don't like it, I try not to take those too seriously because those people have no credibility, they aren't real journalists or music critics.

Her red carpet outfit also reminded me of Night of the Hunter

the-night-of-the-hunter.jpg

I was going to post the same thing! It's just been rereleased so I wonder if that influenced her? I wasn't a huge fan of the black trousers and hat but what the heck, it doesn't make me a hater.

I checked twitter too. I was surprised at the lack of mentions of the whole wedding piece and performance, The few mentions were positive but it didn't really didn't dominate the boards. There were more comments about Taylor Whiffs reaction to not winning best album.

Ps who was the guy with the goatee walking around on stage not doing much? Lewis?

Isn't most of the negativity online though at various forums which are known for being bitchy about every artist like that awful popjustice forum? I saw some reviews of it in regular newspapers and they were all very positive, including the NY Post and the Daily News which are usually negative. It's the nature of the Internet for people to say horrible things about artists so even though I don't like it, I try not to take those too seriously because those people have no credibility, they aren't real journalists or music critics.

I'm actually referring to social media (people I'm connected to but not necessarily "friends" with) as well as online media. IndieWire, etc.

I liked the performance. It was touching and I enjoyed her part and OYH. Her outfits were fucking cool. I loved them. I did notice her posture. Is her foot ok or what us going on? She seems to be slouching. And as much as I dislike when people mention the face and nitpick it, she needs to fire gina Brooke because cheeks or not we know her face has looked amazing in the past year. The times it has looked ace gina Brooke wasn't involved. Oh and go check what gwen stefani has uploaded on her Facebook. So obvious.

What did she post?

Personally I do not get why TOS is still labeled as a "Madonna & Kaka forum".

They don't even like her anymore.

Drop the "Madonna" for fuck sake.

Well MadonnaNation is pretty much the Madonna & Kaka forum, even though we don't like Kaka anymore :chuckle:

Guest Rachelle of London

Had the biggest argument with a lesbian at work today who stated that no one gives a shit about same sex marriage and Madonna is just jumping on bandwagons. And celebs like Madonna make it worst for gays Firstly, as a lesbian I thought she'd know better and secondly, what a twat! Then she started saying m only took David to prove that she still loves him after calling him the n word! I had to go and sit in a separate office by myself! Haha! No but seriously I was so angry!

Guest Not4Pussies

What did she post?

she uploaded some pictures and changed her cover photo of her in a similar look/style of madonna's red carpet grammy look

Really? I don't see much negativity going on at all...

I didn't really like it because well she did a 2 seconds holding a cane, but that was it, i wasn't really expecting something big, we knew beforehand that she was there for a quick appereance on someone else performance. It was ok. The media thinks it was ok too. There isnt much negativity as you say. :dazed:

I dont think there has been much negativity in the media, not in the UK anyways.

and also I asked is there any footage of her arriving at the event??

In the UK its been pretty great. (OK Lorraine Kelly and a woman on loose women) But on loose women they decide which sides they are taking while they are getting their hair done.

Sorry ive got no footage, it was only the small bit on E news that was posted above. (so far).

grammys_red-carpet_501.jpg

Love this photo. Such a great profile.

M has the best, most interesting profile in the business. True Blue cover proved that.

I guess M wasn't in a good mood because the original outfit didn't work on rehearsal, maybe she decided to change it in the last minute and got pissed :lol:

Oh yeah, they just had a tailor-made suit that cost more than yours and mine's month salary put together lol. Please, she was gonna wear that all along.

VIVA LA BOSS HOGDONNA!

Had the biggest argument with a lesbian at work today who stated that no one gives a shit about same sex marriage and Madonna is just jumping on bandwagons. And celebs like Madonna make it worst for gays Firstly, as a lesbian I thought she'd know better and secondly, what a twat! Then she started saying m only took David to prove that she still loves him after calling him the n word! I had to go and sit in a separate office by myself! Haha! No but seriously I was so angry!

Actually Madonna started the gay bandwagon 20 years ago :lmao:

M has the best, most interesting profile in the business. True Blue cover proved that.

Oh yeah, they just had a tailor-made suit that cost more than yours and mine's month salary put together lol. Please, she was gonna wear that all along.

VIVA LA BOSS HOGDONNA!

That shit looked expensive :lol: