Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

One thing that got to me was seeing the negative reactions on Twitter from other gay people about the performance. Some were saying that Macklemore, Madonna, etc. were just trying to get attention for themselves. They said that Mary Lambert's part was too brief and she should've been doing it on her own. They were saying that straight people should stay out of this and let us fight for equality by ourselves.

I don't understand how equality can be fought and won that way. Excluding groups of people doesn't lead to equality, it's just a different form of superiority and exclusion. That's why I love that they included both gay AND straight couples in the performance. It's okay to not like a song. It's okay to not like a performance. But I don't think these people were criticizing the song or the performance. To take such a gesture and stomp on it and toss it aside, shows real ignorance. It also shows a lack of graditude, in my opinion.

As a gay man, I'm grateful for our straight allies. This is what we want. We want acceptance and support so that we can see the decrease of homophobia, transphobia, etc. It's not considered "cool" to be so vocal about supporting the LGBT community in the world of hip hop; at least not in mainstream America, and ESPECIALLY not if you're a male! I think what Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have done shows a lot of courage. It was a risk for them, as it was for Madonna in the early 80s when people didn't want to talk about the gay community or AIDS. She saw many of her friends suffer, as Macklemore saw his Uncle struggle with discrimination.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The usual haters this morning on the talk shows:

Wendy Williams said she was one of the worst dressed and again called her old and desperate as well as saying she purposely brought David with her because of the N word controversy.

On The View, Jenny McCarthy said "Madonna singing in her usual Z flat tone."

What did I say... Jenny is def. a hater. The worst kind (a verrry lucky, blond blockhead bimbo who showed her titties and snatch for Playboy in the typical fame whore attention seeking way). No brains, talent or at least 'crafty'/articulate in her hating for M. Just the common/simple folk style of hating Madonna 101. On the other chick gab fest The Talk (which I *strongly* prefer than the new shit version of The View) the hosts were basically neutral, gave semi positive feedback and were at least objective. Aisha Tyler who is def. a M fan and frequently gives her props started off by saying she's amazing and an icon but threw a little shade at her outfit lol. They put up a picture of her next to Col. Sanders lol. It was funny. They also goofed on Pharrells hat. Overall, they at all weren't mean spirited like Wendy, Jenny etc.. As usual, M is basically the one getting all the headlines or is the first one brought up in every interview.- waay more than Daft Punk who freakin won all the big awards!

I'm mixed on the performance. I do think she looked 'out of it' and instantly thought it was either too much botox, bad lighting, her being tired or not a in a good mood. The cane, outfit and her demeanor def. made her look at least 10 years older. I thought the vocals were meh. Regardless, it was fine and whether or not she looked 95 or looked and sounded flawless, she STILL dominates since the trolls (Piers, Wendy, Jenny etc etc..) all come out in full force w/in f*cking minutes after she exists the stage! LOL

Besides seeing M, the only other thing wortha shit was seeing all the Nile Rodgers (King Producer of Life) love that's WAY overdue! Get this dude into the R&R HOF! Cmon Pharrell...you're the biggest star, producer, singer in the world now. He def. must get Nile inducted next year just as icing after the year and night he just had!!

i considered posting some youtube comments just like the song says to prove how cheesy this whole performance really WAS NOT. not really sure why madonna chooses to look like that for her public appearances but i know next week i'll see her look fabulous and that's just how it goes... perhaps she should get her fillers a couple days earlier haha i live for the harmonizing 'not crying on sundays' part. i love to see her like that.

As folks here have pointed out she didn't display her usual more cheerful and tongue-in-cheek kind of way..she was sort of guarded, also on stage. Perhaps this hashtag thing has taken a toll on her.

Anyway, I thought the performance was great and just right for the occasion.

QUIET. Go and take a look at yourself and come back when you've dealt with that Larry Harvy face.

I did! I'm a little orange today but okay. *madonna eyes*

bill werde showing love to Madonna.

Beautiful & smart. Bravo! MT @MuuMuse a lot of feelings re @Madonna @Macklemore & the LGBT community after last night http://www.muumuse.com/2014/01/same-love-on-madonna-the-gay-community-and-why-that-macklemore-performance-mattered.html/

Madonna does not care about gay people. She just uses us to keep herself relevant because we don't have enough damn sense to know better.

Aurosan should just stfu. I cringe whenever I see him rt'd on my timeline. He is the worst.

As folks here have pointed out she didn't display her usual more cheerful and tongue-in-cheek kind of way..she was sort of guarded, also on stage. Perhaps this hashtag thing has taken a toll on her.

Anyway, I thought the performance was great and just right for the occasion.

Hardly..

I think she hates being on Awards shows..and she and Grammys have a history..not always pleasant. She was snubbed, a lot.

Cicabitch is still stuck on season one. Always two steps behind :sassy:

And for those obsessing over what non-entity social media c*nts think about Madonna. - POOR IS THE MAN WHOSE PLEASURES DEPEND... etc.

WHO CARES?

Guest Not4Pussies

And for those obsessing over what non-entity social media c*nts think about Madonna. - POOR IS THE MAN WHOSE PLEASURES DEPEND... etc.

WHO CARES?

**applause**

I do think theres beef she has w/ the Grammys that prob. stems from all the snubs during the first 15 years of her career (her most iconic period). The fact that fckin Taylor Swift, JT etc..sweep up Grammys like theyre a D list Teen Awards shows while she got consistently overlooked for Like A Prayer (*song and album*) and endless other legendary, flawless songs and albums during that period that were def. 'Grammy worthy' is beyond criminal. How on earth was Music any better than Vogue, Like A Prayer, Live To Tell (to name a short few)? It's just that in 1998 'suddenly' the Grammy fuckers for whatever the reason woke up and cleaned out their crusty ears and eyes and it became acceptable and cool to start awarding a woman who they saw wasn't going anywhere after all lol :#.

Guest Not4Pussies

She did seem guarded or in a bad mood in a way. Not as playful as she has in other appearances. Just look at her getting out of the car. She looks pissed. Who knows. Maybe she was just going for a more demure serious look.

Calvin @aurosanFollow

Madonna does not care about gay people. She just uses us to keep herself relevant because we don't have enough damn sense to know better.

Aurosan should just stfu. I cringe whenever I see him rt'd on my timeline. He is the worst.

Who?

Can we stop posting the negative comments?

A glowing review and comments here:

http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2014/01/colonel-sanders-says-it-best-that-was-finger-lickin-good.html

Love it thx!

Colonel Sanders Says It Best: That Was Finger-Lickin' Good

6a00d8341c2ca253ef01a73d655edc970d-800wi

Before the telecast, a lot of gays who are better, smarter and more important gays than YOU, were kvetching that Madonna was replacing Mary Lambert, that she was usurping the song, and even that Madonna (and non-gay Macklemore) were using gays by marketing to us.

To all of that, I say: You're way too hooked on conspiracy-theory movies.

Without straight allies, gay people would have needed to enginer a coup. Even then, we've always been completely outnumbered, and most of our own ranks have always been too scaredy-cat to even stand up for themselves. To this day, we have famous gay people who are infamously closeted. Queen Latifah, admittedly in a glass closet, is not even on the record as gay. She has steadfastly refused to be so. So don't look down your elitist noses when true, sincere straight allies come your way. You need them way more than they need a small fraction of 10% of the population's dollars.

All that said, the fears were for naught—that performance of "Same Love," which seamlessly incorporated Madonna for impact, was probably deeply moving to a lot of people you may have already written off as unreachable. The song itself makes me tear up. To hear a straight man rap that he thought he was gay as a kid and to know he made that into a hit song moves me. It's meaningful in our culture. When I saw that the couples were not all gay couples but were straight and gay, that struck me as an obviously inclusive touch that I hadn't foreseen.

Madonna—since that's who a good % of you come here to read about—gave a humble performance. Yes, she came out spectacularly (and looked fantastic and glowing all in Colonel Sanders white—the Internet seems to favor Boss Hogg, but It never tires of trying to insult Madonna for being too old to live, repulsive and scary, so Boss Hogg still feels like a compliment), but she simply sang a snippet of her long-neglected #1 hit "Open Your Heart," then segued into trading vocals with Mary Lambert...and it was lovely.

She sounds a world apart from how she sounds when she's on tour and her voice is ragged. It was her 1986 voice, and it kept me warm, it kept me warm.

I think it was a genuinely touching moment, which is awfully hard to create with so much thought beforehand. I think they all pulled it off beautifully.

:clap::clap:

One thing that got to me was seeing the negative reactions on Twitter from other gay people about the performance. Some were saying that Macklemore, Madonna, etc. were just trying to get attention for themselves. They said that Mary Lambert's part was too brief and she should've been doing it on her own. They were saying that straight people should stay out of this and let us fight for equality by ourselves.

I don't understand how equality can be fought and won that way. Excluding groups of people doesn't lead to equality, it's just a different form of superiority and exclusion. That's why I love that they included both gay AND straight couples in the performance. It's okay to not like a song. It's okay to not like a performance. But I don't think these people were criticizing the song or the performance. To take such a gesture and stomp on it and toss it aside, shows real ignorance. It also shows a lack of graditude, in my opinion.

As a gay man, I'm grateful for our straight allies. This is what we want. We want acceptance and support so that we can see the decrease of homophobia, transphobia, etc. It's not considered "cool" to be so vocal about supporting the LGBT community in the world of hip hop; at least not in mainstream America, and ESPECIALLY not if you're a male! I think what Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have done shows a lot of courage. It was a risk for them, as it was for Madonna in the early 80s when people didn't want to talk about the gay community or AIDS. She saw many of her friends suffer, as Macklemore saw his Uncle struggle with discrimination.

Love this! Thank you!