Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

Intimidating is the right word. People are scared of her. Mostly because they don't know how to handle her. And of course she plays with those insecurities. I think her appearance here is quite an act. People expect her to be better and to be above them and she plays with it. Coming out like a real queen. Completlely serious and well aware of her submissive, loyal and not so loyal subjects. Why should she be cheerful when people should just be grateful to be in her presence. I love it and have no doubt that many people think this is arrogance. Another case people don't get her sense of humor.

Brilliantly said :wow:

Thanks!

http://mashable.com/2014/01/27/grammys-twitter-facebook-winners/

Facebook's Top Moments

On Facebook, 6.3 million people lit the world's largest social network with more than 13.5 million interactions related to the Grammys. A Facebook spokesperson told Mashable Monday morning that these were the top five moments:

1. Queen Latifah presiding over weddings while Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert and Madonna perform a mashup of "Same Love" and "Open Your Heart"

2. Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons performing "Radioactive" and "M.A.A.D City"

3. Metallica and Lang Lang performing "One"

4. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis winning Best New Artist

5. Beyonce and Jay Z opening the show

Edited by Mr Ciccone

The disease of social media has ruined and spoilt things. It's full of idiots.

No matter what Madonna does, she will always get ripped apart. Wish we stopping posting negative shit. I'm sure there's plenty of positive articles.

It's not just Madonna. It's literally everyone and everything, including you and me, if we ever were to achieve any kind of notoriety - even if what we did was help a little granny cross the street, someone somewhere would find fault with it. That's why we should be joyful and enjoy what we have - being fans of one of the greatest artists that has ever lived, and this great little forum where we come together to celebrate her.

I wonder what Madonna said to her after the performance. It looked a little bit like "Are you alright?".

I was dying to find out, too. It seems like a moment of real talk. And I love that they kissed each other on the cheek. It was sweet.

All day long I have been repeating in my mind the Same Love performance. I've cried a lot today and I have been telling coworkers and family and friends that I feel a little down but in reality I I've felt at peace for the first time in along time. You see, I am a closeted gay man that is to weak and I fear the worse if I come out. Madonna kicked my ass last night and I dreamed she was upset with me. I am planning to come out to my family even though they may already know. While I was watching the performance and the power of Macklemore's words and Madonna's sincere gentle, almost fragile voice and seeing the brave gay couples who were so happy exchanging rings, it was like I was hit by lightning and I was sobbing uncontrollable for the joy of the moment but also for my intense guilt of living a life of a lie, thank God I was all alone in my apartment. I want so badly to be myself and after all these years of loving Madonna, I will be who I am. I owe it to her, I owe it to myself.

Madonna/Macklemore: Check yourself, before you wreck yourself - Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy...

Madonna/Macklemore: Check yourself, before you wreck yourself

Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy Episode” or Will & Grace, two decades before Glee or Lady Gaga, LOGO or Drag Race, there were only a handful of people in positions of celebrity power to advocate for gay rights, promote the artistry of gay men and celebrate diversity in the way it is seen in every music video, sitcom and films today.

Madonna was one of them.

There are those that argue Madonna is a rapist of culture, that she steals from the underground and homogenizes it for the masses. That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that Madonna was alienated from her white middle-class, Mid-western roots and found solace by immersing herself in other cultures that accepted her.

Madonna’s original fan base was made up of black and Hispanic music lovers and the gays. So when I look back and see old MTV footage of suburban white girls freaking out to Nile Rodger’s Like a Virgin album, I smirk.

I will skip the musical historical relevance of Madonna and simply explain how important it was for those of us born too late to be part of Generation X and too early to be part of the Millennials, to see gay men in Madonna videos, their sexuality openly referenced without shame in Truth or Dare, to see the world’s most famous woman embrace us. I had comfort as a child seeing Madonna promote AIDS benefits, to dance in my bedroom to songs about self-empowerment and to scorn any journalist who questioned the morality of her references in her work.

I’m sure some of this had to do with shock value. I’m sure it helped sell albums and concert tickets. But just because something was successful, does not make it insincere.

Sure, Madonna didn’t tell us we were “born this way.” Nor did she do media junkets about how great gay people were, but she didn’t have to. Her work entered the consciousness of millions of people around the world, visually and musically by invading their radios, TVs, movie theatres and concert halls. And while she didn’t rule the world, she helped mold a generation to start thinking a different way, so others could take the next step.

On the other hand, there is paraxial poetry to having Macklemore have such a hit with “Same Love.” If you had told me when I was a kid, dancing to Madonna in my bedroom that I’d ever see a straight hip-hop artist defend my civil rights and have a hit song about it, I would have probably questioned the existence of the rights of gay people.

That’s how far we’ve come.

You don’t have to like Madonna or Macklemore. You can think white people shouldn’t rap or old white-women should crumble up and die after a certain age. But before you join the tirades of 15-year olds bashing them tonight, you should recognize and respect their impact.

I have to say when I saw the first few clips this morning of Madonna singing OYH at the Grammys I was like 'meh'...but after seeing the whole performance in context I think it was utterly beautiful and it did make me well up a bit. Madonna as always, knows exactly what is important - that none of us are here for that long and we should spread more love, acceptance and understanding of each other. The woman is beautiful inside and out.

All day long I have been repeating in my mind the Same Love performance. I've cried a lot today and I have been telling coworkers and family and friends that I feel a little down but in reality I I've felt at peace for the first time in along time. You see, I am a closeted gay man that is to weak and I fear the worse if I come out. Madonna kicked my ass last night and I dreamed she was upset with me. I am planning to come out to my family even though they may already know. While I was watching the performance and the power of Macklemore's words and Madonna's sincere gentle, almost fragile voice and seeing the brave gay couples who were so happy exchanging rings, it was like I was hit by lightning and I was sobbing uncontrollable for the joy of the moment but also for my intense guilt of living a life of a lie, thank God I was all alone in my apartment. I want so badly to be myself and after all these years of loving Madonna, I will be who I am. I owe it to her, I owe it to myself.

Good for you. We are here to support you.

The disease of social media has ruined and spoilt things. It's full of idiots.

No matter what Madonna does, she will always get ripped apart. Wish we stopping posting negative shit. I'm sure there's plenty of positive articles.

We shouldn't feed the trolls. For every negative comment I see on an online Madonna-related article, I post a positive comment. Kill them with kindness.

Madonna/Macklemore: Check yourself, before you wreck yourself - Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy...

Madonna/Macklemore: Check yourself, before you wreck yourself

Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy Episode” or Will & Grace, two decades before Glee or Lady Gaga, LOGO or Drag Race, there were only a handful of people in positions of celebrity power to advocate for gay rights, promote the artistry of gay men and celebrate diversity in the way it is seen in every music video, sitcom and films today.

Madonna was one of them.

There are those that argue Madonna is a rapist of culture, that she steals from the underground and homogenizes it for the masses. That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that Madonna was alienated from her white middle-class, Mid-western roots and found solace by immersing herself in other cultures that accepted her.

Madonna’s original fan base was made up of black and Hispanic music lovers and the gays. So when I look back and see old MTV footage of suburban white girls freaking out to Nile Rodger’s Like a Virgin album, I smirk.

I will skip the musical historical relevance of Madonna and simply explain how important it was for those of us born too late to be part of Generation X and too early to be part of the Millennials, to see gay men in Madonna videos, their sexuality openly referenced without shame in Truth or Dare, to see the world’s most famous woman embrace us. I had comfort as a child seeing Madonna promote AIDS benefits, to dance in my bedroom to songs about self-empowerment and to scorn any journalist who questioned the morality of her references in her work.

I’m sure some of this had to do with shock value. I’m sure it helped sell albums and concert tickets. But just because something was successful, does not make it insincere.

Sure, Madonna didn’t tell us we were “born this way.” Nor did she do media junkets about how great gay people were, but she didn’t have to. Her work entered the consciousness of millions of people around the world, visually and musically by invading their radios, TVs, movie theatres and concert halls. And while she didn’t rule the world, she helped mold a generation to start thinking a different way, so others could take the next step.

On the other hand, there is paraxial poetry to having Macklemore have such a hit with “Same Love.” If you had told me when I was a kid, dancing to Madonna in my bedroom that I’d ever see a straight hip-hop artist defend my civil rights and have a hit song about it, I would have probably questioned the existence of the rights of gay people.

That’s how far we’ve come.

You don’t have to like Madonna or Macklemore. You can think white people shouldn’t rap or old white-women should crumble up and die after a certain age. But before you join the tirades of 15-year olds bashing them tonight, you should recognize and respect their impact.

Beautiful!

Guest ditaluver

Even though I was on the floor in the fetal...the performance was amazing. I've only seen it the one time cause I'm still sick but I have really enjoyed the comments in here. Open your heart is such a beautiful song and I'm so happy to see her perform more often. The song has always been a favorite but in 2012 my daughter was delivered and this song was playing when I first laid eyes on her.

Opening my heart, indeed

William Orbit@WilliamOrbit20m

And yes, M-A-D-O-N-N-A at the Grammies: FAB FAB FABULOUS!!!

Dawn O'Porter@hotpatooties38 mins

Loved Madonna at the Grammys. Love Madonna. Madonna is one of my favourite people. She's a reminder of how boring so many other artists are.

maria menounos@mariamenounos3 hrs

.#CaroleKing & @SaraBareilles amazing, @Metallica w piano WOAH! @macklemore @marylambertsing @Madonna @IAMQUEENLATIFAH made me cry! inspired

Gina Brooke@gbrookebeauty4 hrs

For Madonna's look last night at the Grammys I used Urban Decay Cosmetics 's Naked 3 - click through for more…... http://fb.me/3waogEOQX

Madonna/Macklemore:

Check yourself, before you wreck yourself -

Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy...

http://sremusic.tumblr.com/post/74667023207/madonna-macklemore-check-yourself-before-you-wreck

Madonna was alienated from her white middle-class, Mid-western roots and found solace by immersing herself in other cultures that accepted her. Madonna’s original fan base was made up of black and Hispanic music lovers and the gays. So when I look back and see old MTV footage of suburban white girls freaking out to Nile Rodger’s Like a Virgin album, I smirk.

I’m sure some of this had to do with shock value. I’m sure it helped sell albums and concert tickets. But just because something was successful, does not make it insincere. Sure, Madonna didn’t tell us we were “born this way.” Nor did she do media junkets about how great gay people were, but she didn’t have to. Her work entered the consciousness of millions of people around the world, visually and musically by invading their radios, TVs, movie theatres and concert halls. And while she didn’t rule the world, she helped mold a generation to start thinking a different way, so others could take the next step.

This

One thing that got to me was seeing the negative reactions on Twitter from other gay people about the performance. Some were saying that Macklemore, Madonna, etc. were just trying to get attention for themselves. They said that Mary Lambert's part was too brief and she should've been doing it on her own. They were saying that straight people should stay out of this and let us fight for equality by ourselves.

I don't understand how equality can be fought and won that way. Excluding groups of people doesn't lead to equality, it's just a different form of superiority and exclusion. That's why I love that they included both gay AND straight couples in the performance. It's okay to not like a song. It's okay to not like a performance. But I don't think these people were criticizing the song or the performance. To take such a gesture and stomp on it and toss it aside, shows real ignorance. It also shows a lack of graditude, in my opinion.

As a gay man, I'm grateful for our straight allies. This is what we want. We want acceptance and support so that we can see the decrease of homophobia, transphobia, etc. It's not considered "cool" to be so vocal about supporting the LGBT community in the world of hip hop; at least not in mainstream America, and ESPECIALLY not if you're a male! I think what Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have done shows a lot of courage. It was a risk for them, as it was for Madonna in the early 80s when people didn't want to talk about the gay community or AIDS. She saw many of her friends suffer, as Macklemore saw his Uncle struggle with discrimination.

I agree that straight people should stay out. It was a very tacky straight rap group and fag hag that I never heard of. However, Madonna, saved the day. Those gay groups are idiotic if the think Madonna is straight. She embodies queerness in her work whole heartedly. The rap group sucks and does not. And by the way, Madonna made a book of her sexual fantasies with a majority of images being gay, BDSM, lesbian (real dykes, not lesbian erotica for straight men). Those gays saying that the performance was straight are idiots. Madonna's camp performance saved it and made it work.

On the gay gossip site Datalounge under a thread about Keith Urban crying during the performance

Some posted said they loved the performance but Madonna had no right being there and was only there to get attention for herself and no one even cared about her anymore and that she's officially a has been

I can't with the hatred

With the fuck had closet case Layifah done for gay rights

While Madonna was fighting for gay rights and a cure for AIDS as far back as the 80s

And Macklemore asked Madonna to do this and she accepted because it's a cause that she's always believed in

Gay men are some of the biggest haters out there, it's ashame closet case dyke Latifah gets more praise than Madonna

On the gay gossip site Datalounge under a thread about Keith Urban crying during the performance. Some posted said they loved the performance but Madonna had no right being there and was only there to get attention for herself and no one even cared about her anymore and that she's officially a has been. I can't with the hatred

While Madonna was fighting for gay rights and a cure for AIDS as far back as the 80s. And Macklemore asked Madonna to do this and she accepted because it's a cause that she's always believed in. Gay men are some of the biggest haters out there, it's ashame closet case dyke Latifah gets more praise than Madonna

:rotfl:

We know the truth and the whole world as well.

On the gay gossip site Datalounge under a thread about Keith Urban crying during the performance

Some posted said they loved the performance but Madonna had no right being there and was only there to get attention for herself and no one even cared about her anymore and that she's officially a has been
I can't with the hatred

While Madonna was fighting for gay rights and a cure for AIDS as far back as the 80s

And Macklemore asked Madonna to do this and she accepted because it's a cause that she's always believed in

Gay men are some of the biggest haters out there, it's ashame closet case dyke Latifah gets more praise than Madonna

Convenience.

we know the truth. The whole world knows the truth and that's all that matters.

Guest Pud Whacker

how amazing is she looking here? she looks so intimidating and charismatic! butterflies! ONLY madonna does that to me. and maybe freddie mercury when I was younger.

tumblr_n01lxb4dTI1s3y9slo2_r1_400.gif

perfect.

They hate Madonna on the Datalounge boards with a vengeance

Some of these posters need to receive thereapy, it's really unhealthy

They will resort to scurrilous lies and rewrite history to bash Madonna.

It's sad because Madonna has always championed gay rights, long before some of these so called gay icon female artists were even in the biz or born.

I can't with the hatred

post this link to that ignorant moron: http://www.muumuse.com/2014/01/same-love-on-madonna-the-gay-community-and-why-that-macklemore-performance-mattered.html/