Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

Posted on WIcked Gay Blog

I have been trying to put this into words yet find myself so disgusted, angry, and generally disappointed with a segment of the gay communities reaction to the Grammy's that I don't even know where to begin.

Having a blog like Wicked Gay Blog is a blessing to me but with it comes a large audience and some of that audience, although gay, are not the type of people I care to associate myself with. Where I witnessed this most this week, was in the Wicked Gay Blog's Facebook page comments during and after the Grammy's.l

The comments were so nasty I ended up blocking over 100 people from the WGB Facebook page out of disgust. An opinion is one thing, hateful ignorant attacks are just plain bullying.

I stumbled across a blog post today that put into words 100% what I am feeling so I want to share a excerpt but encourage you to read the entire article here.

"I was especially surprised at some of the nasty references to both Madonna and Mary Lambert, two of the co-performers during Same Love. You would never guess that the gay community held these two women in any sort of esteem with gratitude for their support of marriage equality. Mary Lamberts weight was an easy target for some as was Madonnas cosmetic surgery and use of a cane due to a recent foot injury.

By the time Same Love came and went, any excitement I had for the performance had waned due to the sheer ugliness floating through cyberspace towards many folks who have had the communitys back when very few others did. Some of these individuals have done more for gay rights and AIDS awareness than most of us could ever attempt to do in our lifetime.

Most of the folks slinging these comments would, undoubtedly, claim they were just joking around and being witty. You know who else said they were joking around? The cretins who drove Jamey Rodemeyer and Tyler Clementi to suicide. Remind me how we are any better than them? And, no, the likelihood (or lack, thereof) of these celebrities committing suicide in the wake of cyber-bullying does not give people the proverbial green light to eviscerate them via the internet. That line of defense is so weak it would get you laughed off of a 9th grade debate team.

I would also like to point out that a key element in the definition of witty is inventive. None of the comments that I read last night were even remotely inventive. Instead, most were just cruel and shallow and did nothing but further perpetuate unfortunate stereotypes about the gay community." (Full post here.)

Well said Shaun, so very well said and I hope you don't mind that I shared. I am actually going to un-block many of the people who I mentioned above as I really want them to read this.

I am not sure what makes people so cruel but in my experience is a lack of love for themselves. I guess in the end I can't control the negativity that results from having a gay blog but I am grateful in my own life I don't have a single friend that fits the article above. And I am so thankful and blessed for that!

http://www.wickedgay...moment.html?m=1

FINALLY it seems people are out there talking about these things... the ripping apart of allies, looking for something to always be offended by, etc.

Not sure if this has been posted previously but here is an interview with Mary Lambert where she talks about Madonna.

At the Grammys you got to perform the “Same Love” chorus as a duet with Madonna. Was she already familiar with you and the song?

Yeah, which was crazy. She knew the song. I’m still processing what that means. That’s my life now.

Did you two chat?

Yeah, totally. We had two days of rehearsals together. I consider her a friend now. I was very emotional, not just from the song but from the fact that people were getting married during the song and Madonna was singing my lyrics. There was a moment when I was crying and she wiped my tears away. She’s wonderful.

Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/mary-lambert-on-writing-a-gay-anthem-singing-with-madonna-and-watching-queen-latifah-marry-gay-couples-20140202/#ixzz2sCyJaqoc

Guest gang bang

As for Madonna, the diva assisted Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in their "Same Love" Grammy performance, by singing a few lines of her No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hit "Open Your Heart." The song, first released in 1986 on the "True Blue" album, is also featured on Madonna's first greatest hits album, "The Immaculate Collection." The latter re-enters the Billboard 200 chart for the first time since 1993, as it returns at No. 153 with 3,000 (up 494%). It's the best sales frame for "Immaculate" since July of 2008.

Grammys Style Hits the Streets

by Lauren Messiah on January 30th, 2014

1_Glam_FeatCreator.png

Lets talk about the train wreck called The Grammys that aired this past weekend. If you follow me on Twitter you will know exactly how I felt about the show. There were too many awkward moments to count (I’m looking at you Taylor Swift) but the biggest disappointment of them all was the fashion. The Grammys are supposed to be full of crazy, out there, look-at-me fashions and to me it was nothing but a big ole snooze fest. If I wanted to see boring gowns I would have tuned in for the SAG awards.

Madonna-Grammys-2014.jpg

There were a few stand outs but I have to give props to my girl Madge. Was Madonna the best dressed? Well no, not really. But she actually take a chance and have some fun with fashion? Yes she did and I applaud her for that. Actually if you break it down her look was pretty sick. A great hat (you know I’m a sucker for a hat) and a menswear inspired suit (nothing wrong with that). Where she took the wrong turn was with the excessive amounts of bling and that god-awful grill BUT you are supposed to act a bit of a fool (fashionably speaking) at The Grammys.

Another thing worth noting is that Madonna’s look translates perfect to the streets. Her look is one of my favorite street style looks, actually. A little menswear + a little hat action = magic.

Don’t believe me? Check out these looks that are strikingly similar to Madonna’s.

la-modella-mafia-Anna-Dello-Russo-Spring

9rgc9nLP7q8bo6n3ZBQRTlf4.jpg

la-modella-mafia-Black-and-White-2013-tr

tumblr_mf9w2tW7hT1qeh956o1_1280.jpg

You can create this look yourself without breaking the bank by shopping at places like Zara (I’m loving Zara right now). I actually stopped into Zara and picked out a few key ingredients so you can channel Madonna out on the streets.

grammys-look-for-less.jpg

Jacket // Hat // Jeans // Shirt // Shoes // Necklace

And finally … my own Madonna look with a hat from Urban Outfitters, a jacket from Nordstrom Rack, leather pants by Elizabeth & James (also from Nordstrom Rack), Givenchy bag from TJ Maxx, and Fenton necklace from Barneys (on sale). See you can totally rock A-list style for less. Boom!

IMG_6959.jpg

IMG_6960.jpg

For an appearance that has caused so much backlash she has ended up the moat talked about artist of the entire evening and she didn't even win anything. The world may hate her once again but it would be lost without her and very, very boring.

And while I'm at it could those of you who keep referring to her as the next Cher or calling these the 'Cher years' please stop. Cher's wishes she was even half as trendy or iconic as our M.

Great article about the look. I didn't know the witch look was hot right now. Well done Madonna. I loved the outfit.

My nineteen year old friend's daughter was watching The Grammy's with a bunch of teenagers from her dorm in school. I asked her what she thought of M & she told me that M looked really bad & it didn't make sense for M to sing right after the rap. :huh:

I've been somewhat critical of M lately for some of her choices, but I loved watching her sing & she BETTER have another amazing tour soon! I really miss the bitch!

For an appearance that has caused so much backlash she has ended up the moat talked about artist of the entire evening and she didn't even win anything. The world may hate her once again but it would be lost without her and very, very boring.

And while I'm at it could those of you who keep referring to her as the next Cher or calling these the 'Cher years' please stop. Cher's wishes she was even half as trendy or iconic as our M.

I still fail to see the hate she's getting. Everybody loved the performance!