Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

Why do so many fans concentrate on either picking her apart themselves or posting every negative comment that they read about her ?

It is one of the greatest mysteries of our time. Makes for a grating read. We must resist, though.

how amazing is she looking here? she looks so intimidating and charismatic! butterflies! ONLY madonna does that to me. and maybe freddie mercury when I was younger.

tumblr_n01lxb4dTI1s3y9slo2_r1_400.gif

I was TREMBLING before and when she showed up omg

how can anyone doubt M is at least a gay icon though? especially her sincerity? people are such idiots these days. only when singers literally say "yes i love you gays" on twitter every week they get praised. while others do so much and have proven to be so for many years get questioned.. sometimes the internet is like an early simpson episode, pointing out the obvious like lisa or frank grimes :voiceofreason:

how amazing is she looking here? she looks so intimidating and charismatic! butterflies! ONLY madonna does that to me. and maybe freddie mercury when I was younger.

true!that's why I think quern latifa's speach was slower than it was supposed to be,because madonna's entrance was behind that woman shouting!

Even nobodies like cyndi fricken lauper (who could hardly even read her autocue - dumb bitch) has stans. It's a sick old world but...DEAL.

And yes, that's frowning, Blond Ambition-esque, Queen Diva of the World right there -

Intimidating is the right word. People are scared of her. Mostly because they don't know how to handle her. And of course she plays with those insecurities. I think her appearance here is quite an act. People expect her to be better and to be above them and she plays with it. Coming out like a real queen. Completlely serious and well aware of her submissive, loyal and not so loyal subjects. Why should she be cheerful when people should just be grateful to be in her presence. I love it and have no doubt that many people think this is arrogance. Another case people don't get her sense of humor.

Fabulous

The only thing i can say against the performance is that queen Latifah should have seized this opportunity to come out because considering how much she's in the closet it kinda makes her presence there a bit ridiculous and hypocrit. Rant off.

The only thing i can say against the performance is that queen Latifah should have seized this opportunity to come out because considering how much she's in the closet it kinda makes her presence there a bit ridiculous and hypocrit. Rant off.

that's what i thought!!!

and another one...

no one has that star quality:

Arsenio hall 1990 face

2yl0egl.jpg

I wonder what Madonna said to her after the performance. It looked a little bit like "Are you alright?".

Intimidating is the right word. People are scared of her. Mostly because they don't know how to handle her. And of course she plays with those insecurities. I think her appearance here is quite an act. People expect her to be better and to be above them and she plays with it. Coming out like a real queen. Completlely serious and well aware of her submissive, loyal and not so loyal subjects. Why should she be cheerful when people should just be grateful to be in her presence. I love it and have no doubt that many people think this is arrogance. Another case people don't get her sense of humor.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And she looks absolutely gorgeous. Nothing wrong with the face. I personally think she looked worse in the pictures on the red carpet. But I know all of this has to do with proper lightning and the make up that was applied on. Thanks to HD you can't have both. It requires a certain make up and make up techniques and it's quite a challenge. What works in a professional setting (performance) often fails in a different environment. Remember the Oprah farewell? I think she looked tired on the red carpet giving interviews and onstage she looked absolutely amazing and young. Of course those differences are more obvious with her than with those in their twenties. Afterall she is 55 and of course it has to show at some point.

The woman is days off crutches, fly's across the country, no nomination, nothing to promote or perform on her own, yet she dutifully and graciously gave her time, song, voice, presence and name for a tremendous equal love/human rights cause. Yet, all that is seen on social media, and even in some gossipy press, is criticism and name-calling regarding her appearance. It is disheartening to say the least.

I guess nothing much changes, I distinctly remember people saying she "looked like a grandma" after her stunning 1999 Grammys performance, citing how the then red-hot Shania Twain stole the "sexy thunder" from Madonna. Now 15 years later, Madonna has done everything cosmetically to keep up her appearance and yet they are still giving her holy hell. There is no winning, yet they slam her for something that is inevitable for us all.

Ageism: Society's most overlooked, yet widely accepted form of discrimination.

The disease of social media has ruined and spoilt things. It's full of idiots.

No matter what Madonna does, she will always get ripped apart. Wish we stopping posting negative shit. I'm sure there's plenty of positive articles.

People bash her, people love her. It all comes with being RELEVANT... let the haters hate and the lovers love. Either way, her name still has power...

omg

This Wednesday...maybe Madonna is the new Supreme.

and he tweeted this photo

UfXMXh1.jpg

OMG.

Although I think she shouldn't be on his show(s). It's too late. At least for Glee. A little bit like Will and Grace. It had lost it's IT factor. But I must admit I have always loved the rumor she would appear on Nip/Tuck. On the other hand, even she could not top the finale of season 2. That was outstanding. Famke. :dramatic: