Madonna on INSTAGRAM Part III

Nikki

From The Globe and Mail, 29/01/2011 interview with Ray Caesar:

Madonna has requested commissioned pieces but Caesar says he works too intuitively to oblige. “I desperately want to, but how do I do it? People want portraits. I don’t do portraits.”

Well there was an exhibit running in LA (it ended yesterday), that featured some of Ray's work, I don't know about this piece in particular...

Title: "Fallen", UltraChrome ink on paper, 40" x 30", 2013

http://artchival.proboards.com/thread/8198

Was shown at Corey Helford Gallery, Culver City in April 2013.

His surreal and oftentimes disturbing digital works are painstakingly created in three-dimensional modeling programs and then staged in detailed environments. These are then released as limited editions in a chosen orientation and because of the freedoms afforded by this process.

From The Globe and Mail, 29/01/2011 interview with Ray Caesar:

Madonna has requested commissioned pieces but Caesar says he works too intuitively to oblige. I desperately want to, but how do I do it? People want portraits. I dont do portraits.

Wonderful for him to respect his way of working.

ff2e54368dc511e3afa912869ffc82a3_8.jpg

"More Ray Caesar! Some days you just don't want to get out of bed! #the new moon of Pisces is always a challenge!"

you fucking whore doll! i'm gonna lick your digital pussy!

I guess this is the original? I thought the bunnies were meant to be on the shopfront as graffiti :laugh: So that's the painting behind her...

RayCaesar-3.jpg

I like this artist's work, too, and can see some similar visual influences in his and Madonna's work. (The one with the bed recalls multiple M shoots -- Klein X-Static Process, Bettina Rheims' shoot that ended up being used for the "Human Nature" single in some territories, etc.)

The faces and limbs of the figures in his work remind me of those in the paintings of surrealist painter Remedios Varo... whose work was used in the "Bedtime Stories" video. (Her "Los amantes"/"The Lovers" is the famous image of the two figures sitting on a bench, hands touching, with hand-mirrors for faces. Very arresting image on canvas, and even more so when animated with Madonna's faces in the video. Love it!) I love Varo's work. Love that Madonna loves it, too. And yeah, I hope this inspires something for a shoot in support of her next project. Would be cool. BUT ... she must have permission or something. I don't want another "Hollywood" scenario (that is, getting sued by Bourdin's estate).

Guest Not4Pussies

I love all the hints she gives us. Remember that other painting she posted of a woman in a suit? And what did she wear to Grammys?