Madonna on INSTAGRAM Part III

Nikki

Which fans are calling her racist? It was a dumb move. The 2nd post was just as insulting insinuating that anyone that has a problem is a hater. Erm ok. Black artist or not. It was dumb.

I would assume that if you're following an artist on IG, you are a fan. I realize that's not realistic because people love to 'hate" on others for the sake of it. Again, if a black artist posted this, we wouldn't be having this discussion. If people (especially black people) are offended by the use of the word, then maybe they should stop using it too. Though, there seems to be a double standard going on here.

Guest Rachelle of London

I would assume that if you're following an artist on IG, you are a fan. I realize that's not realistic because people love to 'hate" on others for the sake of it. Again, if a black artist posted this, we wouldn't be having this discussion. If people (especially black people) are offended by the use of the word, then maybe they should stop using it too. Though, there seems to be a double standard going on here.

You are aware that there are black people that do not use this world. Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay z are not a representative for the whole black race. A lot of black and white people hate that word. So just because rappers may use it. It's okay then. That's like me saying all white men say the word faggot because Eminem does.

A lot of the comments Madonna got in the first pic were "omg I can't believe you just said" "OMG Madonna what are you doing" etc most of them weren't even "hating" on her. People were truly shocked, which in 2014 they have every right to be. If Madonna thinks that using that sort of language wouldn't cause a fuss, considering she said she loathed hydrangeas and that was an international news story, then I don't even know what she was thinking.

You are aware that there are black people that do not use this world. Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay z are not a representative for the whole black race. A lot of black and white people hate that word. So just because rappers may use it. It's okay then. That's like me saying all white men say the word faggot because Eminem does.

A lot of the comments Madonna got in the first pic were "omg I can't believe you just said" "OMG Madonna what are you doing" etc most of them weren't even "hating" on her. People were truly shocked, which in 2014 they have every right to be. If Madonna thinks that using that sort of language wouldn't cause a fuss, considering she said she loathed hydrangeas and that was an international news story, then I don't even know what she was thinking.

But there are plenty of black people who do use the word. Honestly, I am not condoning her use of the word, but I just find it funny how people are getting upset over something she said that wasn't derogatory when there are plenty of black people who do use the word in the same sense and many times with a negative connotation, but never get any shit for it. I'm not speaking only of famous celebrities.

Don't really know what to make of this. Of course she knew the reaction she'd get but then why go and delete it? Maybe it was indeed Rocco. But much ado about nothing in the grand scheme of things.

And this is why celebs shouldn't control their own social media. It always results in an embarrassment at some point. Even if it was Rocco, it's still Madonna that will be burned by this:

https://news.google.com/news?ncl=dw0skmYLdo0jGxMgbt1CN8o0TX6LM&q=madonna&lr=English&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WLvaUoO7DMHLhAe844GIBg&ved=0CDcQqgIwAA

only Madonna could create such a media frenzy from the use of one word from an instagram post. She shouldnt have said it because its embarrassing and clear was not intended to offend her own son :lmao: she shouldnt have to explain that shes not racist though when shes got 2 black children for crying out loud :lmao:

madonna_ig_624.jpg

Dr. Borgstein (my hero) with his new trainee's Laura and Tiya. At Queen Elizabeth hospital in Blantyre.
Thanks to Raising Malawi And all generous donations to www.rayoflight.org#revolutionoflove
"

madonna_ig_625.jpg

Dr, Borgstein after removing tumor from a young girls liver! Saving kids lives everyday. Help us build a pediatric I. C. U. At Queen Elizabeth Hospital.www.rayoflight.org #revolutionoflove"

I'm cringing at the last few pics, I mean what she's doing in Malawi is more than inspirational but it also seems a bit desperate to prove she's not a .... blah blah

Seriously? She's done this before, what? she's supposed to stop now that the controversy has happened?

Geez

I'm cringing at the last few pics, I mean what she's doing in Malawi is more than inspirational but it also seems a bit desperate to prove she's not a .... blah blah

Pink Matter, she has been posting photos about her work in Malawi for ages.

She has always posted pics from Malawi to show what's going on.. I don't think she is doing that to prove something :thumbsup:

Olympia retaliation :smug:

yes but she's really hurting some of her fans with this. the one I'm talking about is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. i know she's heartbroken & the poor girl has done nothing wrong. Im talking to her now and if I were in her situationI know I'd feel pretty insecure and confused

yes but she's really hurting some of her fans with this. the one I'm talking about is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. i know she's heartbroken & the poor girl has done nothing wrong. Im talking to her now and if I were in her situationI know I'd feel pretty insecure and confused

Do you know what happened? It just seems so weird that Madonna would block someone.

Do you know what happened? It just seems so weird that Madonna would block someone.

some people think it's because she's a big brahim fan as we can't think of any other possible reason..but even that seems so far stretched. she's one of my best friends and i know she's really gonna let this bother her & I'm kinda worried..

some people think it's because she's a big brahim fan as we can't think of any other possible reason..but even that seems so far stretched. she's one of my best friends and i know she's really gonna let this bother her & I'm kinda worried..

i'm sure it was just an "accident". i can't believe that m would do that. she follows yaman and he is a good friend to brahim.

i feel very sorry for your friend.

That would be really stupid if she blocked anyone for that reason, especially since I don't think she and Brahim are enemies.

Either way, it sucks for your friend because it seems like she didn't do anything wrong. I hope it turns out it was just a mistake, and that Madonna will unblock her.

does your friend tend to comment Madonna's instagram all the time or tag her constantly? that can be annoying

no, not at all. but brahim follows her. maybe M blocked everyone brahim follows (who she doesn't know or won't need anymore in the future or tours?) aside from that i can't think of anything.

she's the sweetest & most supportive fan I know and from what i can tell she barely even comments on new M pics! I'm sure the people here who are on twitter know who I'm talking about. i feel so sad for her because i met her when all fans met up to see the MDNA tour and i couldn't say a bad word about her

Guest Not4Pussies

that is strange. i dont think she blocked her because brahim follows her. madonna follows a lot of the mdna dancers who follow brahim.

I don't see Madonna having the time to read through comments or to block individual fans for whatever reason. She's too busy for that. I know people who have been blocked by Facebook, twitter or instagram pages of various artists and most of the time they've been blocked by some manager or publicist who is offended or doesn't like the fan for whatever reason. The artist themselves has no idea it even happened. I know it's upsetting to the girl that got blocked but I bet the same thing happened here so she shouldn't let it turn her against Madonna personally. I'm sure Madonna has someone working for her who goes through the instagram stuff and that's probably happened here. Some of these assistants are super protective of the artist and overly paranoid about fans.