Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

HC's sales probably remained relatively steady, as it didn't have a bullet. If sales hold at 3K+ for the next 2 weeks, that should being it to AL's SS tally.

I'm pleased with the album hanging onto the chart- the tour ended up being timed well in that regard.

I'm pleased with the album hanging onto the chart- the tour ended up being timed well in that regard.

that's right... she'll be doing stadiums during Thanksgiving wednesday... it would be great to have at least 31 weeks in the Top 200... well it's the week when the concert effects in the US will be...

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna

Oh you're right, I think TCT re-charted after the broadcast. I suppose I made a mistake reading it. Anyway, do you think there's a chance COADF will be certified 2x platinum anytime soon? It's almost near 1.7 million ... Maybe after the end of this year.

Guest hotstickyandsweet
^American Life only spent 14 weeks on the Billboard 200.

Wait, I think you mean SoundScan sales.

yeah sales....LOL..

Oh you're right, I think TCT re-charted after the broadcast. I suppose I made a mistake reading it. Anyway, do you think there's a chance COADF will be certified 2x platinum anytime soon? It's almost near 1.7 million ... Maybe after the end of this year.

Nope. It's at 1.683 million and is only selling 350 units a week. This is being discussed in the SoundScan thread.

Guest hotstickyandsweet
Nope. It's at 1.683 million and is only selling 350 units a week. This is being discussed in the SoundScan thread.

wiil the numbers for sales be put up soon?? PLZ PLZ PLZ!!

Yay!!! 11% increased this week.

28 WAR 156 165 156 MADONNA HARD CANDY 3,721 11 3,354 669,331

:clap:

"this" close to beating AL #s. Will happen within 2-3 weeks. 700k Im optimitsic will happen, easily (due to the holiday season weeks away)!!! :)

Guest hotstickyandsweet
:clap:

"this" close to beating AL #s. Will happen within 2-3 weeks. 700k Im optimitsic will happen, easily (due to the holiday season weeks away)!!! :)

Hey baby!! nice increase! It'd be real nice if Miles Away could get some hot ac love, then we could think platinum next! XOXO :vanitybonet:

Guest hotstickyandsweet
:boxing: I'm gonna say when all is set and done with Hard Candy falling off the charts, the cume sales will be around 720,000 and possibly 750,000. That's just downright bullshit not giving HC a platinum certification. :rant: Well as this era is pretty much coming to an end unless a miracle comes out of MA or BGO, I personally am very satisfied of how the longevity of the cd and how the tour went despite WB's lackluster promo for the cd. This just shows us of the possibilities with her next album when properly promoted!! Gonna sit back and watch as the era fades! Going to the Miami show in 12 days! I'm sure there will be a spike in sales after performing in front of 50,000 people like in LA.

The sales totals at the bottom of the BB 200 will be higher come Thanksgiving week and such, so HC may not endure past that point, especially once the our ends.

HC should pass AL in two weeks' time, long as sales stay above 3K.

With an 11% increase, how did it not havea bullet? Didn't sales decline compared to last week?