Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Magician

Trump / US politics thread ūüöĹ

Recommended Posts

What a circus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Magician said:

Another one bites the dust. I’m surprised he didn’t get fired much sooner the way Trump taunted him and threatened to fire him almost daily.

 

He waited until the midterms were over. Firing him before would not have been a good picture because this is clearly about Sessions recusal from the Mueller investigation. The only thing he has done right. With all other things, shady things, he was playing the good soldier. But Trump never forgave him the recusal. Trump is a vindictive asshole. It's not the first time. And he is a coward. He never fires anyone himself. It has been revealed that once again Chief of Staff Kelly had to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magician said:

:megamanson:

 

Published on Nov 7, 2018

President Trump to Jim Acosta: "You should let me run the country. You run CNN." "That's enough. Put down the mic. CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude terrible person." Full video here: https://cs.pn/2Da1Rh8 

 

 

To think this ignorant obnoxious fool is the President of the United States.  :banghead:  

How on Earth can some Americans not only accept him being their President  but some support him and vote for him. The absolute hypocrisy of him calling someone else rude !  Not to mention the vile comments yet again about the press being the enemy of the people.  He really is an absolute disgrace and a major embarrassment to the USA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Republicunt¬†victory occurred¬†in¬†states that were already ruled by¬†those desensitized shitheads. On the other hand,¬†Democrats not only¬†picked up 7¬†new¬†governor seats but also managed to¬†keep¬†what was theirs¬†to begin with. The left¬†dominated in governor¬†races, which¬†is positively surprising. Go Blue!¬†ūüíô

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

To think this ignorant obnoxious fool is the President of the United States.  :banghead:  

How on Earth can some Americans not only accept him being their President  but some support him and vote for him. The absolute hypocrisy of him calling someone else rude !  Not to mention the vile comments yet again about the press being the enemy of the people.  He really is an absolute disgrace and a major embarrassment to the USA. 

It's absolutely pathetic and a major embarrassment. These are the things his supporters love about him though so the more extreme he gets and the more he lashes out at the "fake news" the more they'll follow. I don't think there's anything this man could do to make them "see the light". Even after he's gone from office, he'll be the "beloved" for the deplorables as Reagan kind of is for the more "traditional" Republicans. I was watching live coverage last night and the pundits were all talking about now that Dems have the House, perhaps they can finally get his tax returns.....but why bother really? In 2016 it seemed like that could possibly make a difference but now?? Psshht......the man could never have paid a dime in taxes and his supporters wouldn't give a f*ck. He's pretty much created a cult that will blindly follow no matter what. I'm not even sure a downturn in the economy would sway them. Now that Dems have some control, they'd just blame them for it.

There's no coming back from this at this point. The "normal' we knew prior will never be again, especially since this "style" of governing seems to be spreading to other countries around the world now. It'll be interesting (ie: terrifying) to see what the results of all this will be in about 10 yrs time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarcoMartins said:

Every Republicunt¬†victory occurred¬†in¬†states that were already ruled by¬†those desensitized shitheads. On the other hand,¬†Democrats not only¬†picked up 7¬†new¬†governor seats but also managed to¬†keep¬†what was theirs¬†to begin with. The left¬†dominated in governor¬†races, which¬†is positively surprising. Go Blue!¬†ūüíô

True. I just was expecting too much. I really thought people would be so turned off by Trump and this terrible racist, sexist, vicious government, that he would lose massive support too within the republican heartland. He and this government is so repulsive that can't imagine anyone supporting him as they have seen him in action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

It's absolutely pathetic and a major embarrassment. These are the things his supporters love about him though so the more extreme he gets and the more he lashes out at the "fake news" the more they'll follow. I don't think there's anything this man could do to make them "see the light". Even after he's gone from office, he'll be the "beloved" for the deplorables as Reagan kind of is for the more "traditional" Republicans. I was watching live coverage last night and the pundits were all talking about now that Dems have the House, perhaps they can finally get his tax returns.....but why bother really? In 2016 it seemed like that could possibly make a difference but now?? Psshht......the man could never have paid a dime in taxes and his supporters wouldn't give a f*ck. He's pretty much created a cult that will blindly follow no matter what. I'm not even sure a downturn in the economy would sway them. Now that Dems have some control, they'd just blame them for it.

There's no coming back from this at this point. The "normal' we knew prior will never be again, especially since this "style" of governing seems to be spreading to other countries around the world now. It'll be interesting (ie: terrifying) to see what the results of all this will be in about 10 yrs time.

Kurt, I don't even laugh at Trump comedy sketches about him anymore. It has gone beyond a laughing matter. Seeing him in action and seeing that he STILL has any supporters is terrifying.  The result in Brazil too shows that right wing fascism is becoming normal and that is also terrifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Kurt, I don't even laugh at Trump comedy sketches about him anymore. It has gone beyond a laughing matter. Seeing him in action and seeing that he STILL has any supporters is terrifying.  The result in Brazil too shows that right wing fascism is becoming normal and that is also terrifying. 

I agree. I can't even laugh at the comedy sketches about him either now. It's all too real! My heart hurts for the Brazilians at this point, that man even makes Trump look somewhat "centered" by comparison but they both spew the same rhetoric. I have ZERO doubt in my mind though that there are many Americans that support Trump that would have no problem with him amping it up to that level. It's probably a little shortsighted to blame Trump completely for the rise in right wing fascism around the world but having the president of the most powerful country on earth using that sort of rhetoric and having success certainly doesn't make others similar to him (or worse than him) feel shy about expressing it and acting on it. 

It feels like in some ways we're just repeating things from 100 yrs ago that would culminate with Hitler and Holocaust. All of that didn't happen overnight after all, it took years to get to that point. It didn't start out with him gassing millions of people......there was a build up to that obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Magician said:

:bad:

 

Heaven forbid. Trump insults and mocks everyone all the time and refers to the press as the enemy of the people. A journalist stands his ground and asks hard questions at a press conference, and they are calling him disgusting and suspending him from White House press conferences.  

Also, a Trump is such a spoilt child. He can't take any form of questioning or criticism which is just another way that dictators behave. He should see press conferences and interviews with politicians in Australia. At least our politicians have to deal with being questioned by reporters and don't throw hissy fits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Trump supporters are attacking Fox News, calling them liberal propaganda, for reporting the truth that Dems are taking control of the House. - No political party should have full power over the house and senate, thats way to dangerous...but at the same time it stops any real movement because the partys hardly will work together due to their huge difference in mindsets.
 

Am seeing so many angry dems in my feed…  did we watching the same election? We're taking control of the House. That's not even up for debate at this point. Also fire the entire Democratic Party leadership. They have no fucking clue what they're doing, and I say this as someone very happy with tonight's election results (no thanks to them)

If Nancy Pelosi becomes the House speaker, you can guarantee a weakened 2020 turnout as a result. Give it to someone younger if you want to keep this youth vote. Get fresh meat into the party. Attack me all you want, it's the truth.

The entire far right is going to eat itself eventually, but they are going to do a lot of damage to this country in the process. Dems are angry because (naturally) they (or I should say WE) are overly optimistic. I was certain Hillary would win - beyond any doubt. Look what happens. We're always the dreamers. However, you are correct. We won the House which at least stops these insane GOP members from passing horrible legislation for a hot minute. Let the litigation fly! Don Jr. hearings from now until 2020!

In some ways, Beto losing might be a good thing. I want that sombitch to run for President. He's got the magic touch!

Pelosi will likely be voted Speaker. It's not 100% certain, obviously, and I think she will step down eventually to let someone else lead, but you cannot deny that she is effective. She gets things done, and she can do politics like no one else. That said, I hope she has a protege waiting in the wings because it's almost time for her to exit stage left. I only defend her because it doesn't matter who the Democrats make Speaker, the GOP is going to drag them through the mud and make them the boogeyman (or woman). They do it to every high profile Democrat (Obama is the only one that maintained some connection to people because he came across so chill and kind). Clinton, Harris, Pelosi, Warren - they're all just "ratchet bitches" to the GOP party. You're never going to find a Democratic woman the GOP even remotely likes. I wish one of them would clean their clock,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paul said:

So, can someone explain - can the House get rid of a president?

No. The House can impeach but the Senate must convict to remove a President from office. It's what happened to Bill Clinton - impeached by the House, acquitted by the Senate. He remained in office. The Senate GOP will probably never convict Trump, even if the Dems impeach in the House. We have a complicit GOP in full effect here.

Nazi Germany Lite, if you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should sue that sleazy liar Sarah for libel 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ The unfortunate thing about this fake Acosta video is people actually believe he assaulted her. 

He barely grazed her with his left hand when he said ‚Äúexcuse me ma‚Äôam‚ÄĚ when she tried to take the mic away.¬†

The only reason I heard about this is from my Republican friends sharing it on Facebook and claiming it’s the violent left at it again. It’s like we’re watching two different videos. 

It’s honestly pretty scary to have people close to me talking about how awful this is... when he didn’t do anything. 

Maybe he should’ve bodyslammed her... we know how much Trump likes that.

You know what would have been cool?

Acosta asks his question
Trump says 'not you, someone else'
Acosta gives up the mic
another reporter gets it and says 'thank you, so here's what I'd like to ask'
upon which they repeat Acosta's question

word

for

word

suck it, Orange Blob

This is not North Korea. Tough questions are expected. That's what journalists do. SMH for all the talk about freedoms Americans supposedly have so much for a "free" press

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump firing Sessions is far far more important than the Jim Acosta story. That's not to say the Jim Acosta story isn't more important. But it is a bit disheartening to see the media falling for the distraction stories again and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no more freedom or press in the US. I don't understand why the outrage isn't bigger.

Land of the Free? Somebody lied....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, acko said:

There is no more freedom or press in the US. I don't understand why the outrage isn't bigger.

Land of the Free? Somebody lied....

It is frightening.  Once journalists have no freedom,  governments can do whatever they want. Having the US president calling the media " the enemy of the people" continually is disturbing on so many levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is frightening.  Once journalists have no freedom,  governments can do whatever they want. Having the US president calling the media " the enemy of the people" continually is disturbing on so many levels. 

Chavez did the same in Venezuela. Look how it turned out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, acko said:

Land of the Free? Somebody lied....

It's called the American Dream, 'cuz you have to be asleep to believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Magician said:

Always a heartless moron during crises 

 

What a fucking piece of shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Magician said:

Always a heartless moron during crises 

 

How can someone get more heartless, ignorant and revolting every day.   Such a psychopath.  No empathy or sympathy for anyone bar himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Magician said:

Trump is such a snowflake :rolleyes:

 

 

just when u think he can not hit another low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the democrats would be a little more jubilant with their wins last week. The whining that they didn't run the tables in every race is ridiculous. They were NEVER going to have a blowout election with the cult like mentality Trump supporters. They believe EVERYTHING and ANYTHING he says and will vote for whomever he tells them to vote for even if it means voting against their own personal interests. 

I get the losses in Florida, Georgia, and Texas were quite painful. I was pretty disappointed that Stacey Abrams, Beto O'Rourke, and Andrew Gillum lost. But taking back the house by almost 40 seats and winning back 7 governorship's is nothing to sulk about. Plus, Dem's are sending over ONE HUNDRED WOMEN to the U.S House. That's HUGE. On top of the diversity that was elected and the ballot proposals that won, I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe, JUST MAYBE, he can be defeated in 2 years. 

Plus, how glorious it will be to see Nancy Pelosi sitting directly behind that piece of shit during the next State of The Union address in January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×