Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19?

Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19?

• Yes
    • No. But I definitely plan on getting it.
    • No. I haven’t decided yet if I will get it.
    • No. I refuse to get it.

12 hours ago, promise to try said:

after being very sick for one day, I´m ok.Janssen.

Glad to hear you're feeling fine now 💪

Off to get my first jab of Pfizer today. Had to book 6 weeks ago for it but was able to book in both doeses. Next one is on 31 July. Glad to be getting vaccinated in the middle of Sydney's delta strain outbreak. 

1 hour ago, Leebf said:

Off to get my first jab of Pfizer today. Had to book 6 weeks ago for it but was able to book in both doeses. Next one is on 31 July. Glad to be getting vaccinated in the middle of Sydney's delta strain outbreak. 

Good for you. I also got the Biontech / Pfizer vaccine. Only after the second dose I noticed some mild symptoms / side effects but absolutely worth the effort.
Chin up, soon you will have a really good protection from severe disease and death which is the most important aspect. 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, Cyber-Raga said:

Good for you. I also got the Biontech / Pfizer vaccine. Only after the second dose I noticed some mild symptoms / side effects but absolutely worth the effort.
Chin up, soon you will have a really good protection from severe disease and death which is the most important aspect. 

Thanks. The whole process went really quickly and smoothly. I went to a big vaccination hub and we went into our line depending on our injection time. Once injected we sat in an observation area and after 15min if no issues we were free to go.

Only had a little sting in arm about 5mins after injection but it soon went away. I did fall asleep in the afternoon while watching Netflix so not sure if i was just tired or tored from the jab. 

No other side affects just my arm was a little tender to touch. My partners arms was more sore than mine it hurt him everytime he moved his arm but a day later his arm was back to  normal.

Looking forward to 2nd jab in 3 weeks time even though i hear you can get fever and feel fluish after it. 

1 hour ago, cardiganstarlet said:

Still waiting for mine as I’m part of the botched Australian roll out. I’m under 40 but have been able to secure my first Pfizer mid August.

It really is bad. I got both my Pfizer shots in June, as soon as it was open to 40-50yo in Victoria. So while Im kinda happy I was able to get it, its shocking that I (someone fit and health and relatively youngish) was in the first 3% of Australians to get fully vaccinated, while millions of eldery, disabled, front line workers, etc are still waiting.

Hope you are doing OK in Sydney. Our thoughts are with you. ❤️

Had my first jab of AstraZeneca on 12th July and was fine after until the evening when my head felt like exploding .

Funnily enough I had no fever during the night but the today ( 13th ) am feeling so weak and heavy headed from morning 

till now ( 10 pm ) but my headache has gone and I'm feeling like am slowly waking up from this vaccine 's cloudy haze.

54 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Next Monday will be my first and only with Biontech / Pfizer. Got infected in mid January. Unfortunately with full blown symptoms. Had 9 days with more than 39 degrees fever. Cannot recommend that to anyone. Took me 4 weeks to go back to work. 

and that's a mild infection from this virus..

18 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

and that's a mild infection from this virus..

Compared to those on ventilators and other machines in IC units, absolutely.

As someone who hardly ever has fever, maybe around 36.5/37, the 39 was an experience. The most frustrating thing was that it felt like ages before it became better. There was no progress. Usually with a cold or a flu, after 3-4 days you feel significantly better but here it was dragging on. All I could do was to take some paracetamol and sleep. 

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Compared to those on ventilators and other machines in IC units, absolutely.

As someone who hardly ever has fever, maybe around 36.5/37, the 39 was an experience. The most frustrating thing was that it felt like ages before it became better. There was no progress. Usually with a cold or a flu, after 3-4 days you feel significantly better but here it was dragging on. All I could do was to take some paracetamol and sleep. 

even a ''simple'' hospitalization is a very bad experience ,i ve seen people exiting the hospital after 4 or 5 days and they are describing things that they will never forget like they had been in a warzone or something

Had my first jab of Astra on 12 th July and good lord at the side effects !  I didn't get a fever but had splitting headache for 2 days straight and just felt so weak and tired .

In Thailand we are now in our 4th wave and infection rates are going up to 9,000 ++ each day with death rate at around 80 per day.
This is all due to our Government's botched vaccine roll out . Not enough vaccines. and not enough choices and if you want good ones you will have to pay for them etc . 

32 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Had my first jab of Astra on 12 th July and good lord at the side effects !  I didn't get a fever but had splitting headache for 2 days straight and just felt so weak and tired .

In Thailand we are now in our 4th wave and infection rates are going up to 9,000 ++ each day with death rate at around 80 per day.
This is all due to our Government's botched vaccine roll out . Not enough vaccines. and not enough choices and if you want good ones you will have to pay for them etc . 

Yeah, I was really sick for 24 hours after my first AZ vaccine, the shivering, feverish, bed soaking sweats while wearing all of my clothes in bed kind of sick.  I had zero side effects with the second jab.

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to visit Thailand again next February / March but not holding too much hope at the moment.

2 minutes ago, funkydita said:

Yeah, I was really sick for 24 hours after my first AZ vaccine, the shivering, feverish, bed soaking sweats while wearing all of my clothes in bed kind of sick.  I had zero side effects with the second jab.

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to visit Thailand again next February / March but not holding too much hope at the moment.

Hery I hope you are well now . Hmm I had non of those side effects but I did take paracetamols every 6 hours after the jab . My side effects are headache and just feeling generally weak and exhausted . 
I hope Thailand will be ok by the end of this year . Now the health minister has announced that they will cross vaccinate people as in 1st Jab will be Sinovac and second jab will be AZ.
Moderna is arriving in October but you have to buy that as well as Sinopharm.
Pfizer will be free via the government but god knows when that's arriving .
Hopefully you will be able to visit us in Feb /March next year . It's the best time to visit Thailand . 

• 2 weeks later...

Over here people who received the first AZ jab will get Biontech or Moderna as the second one as it significantly increases effectivity. 

Hope everyone will soon be vaccinated if you haven't been already. Delta is no party. 

Had my first dose of AZ yesterday. Had some side effects last night (chills and body aches) which weren't fun. Today feel better just tired. Like I'm hungover. Hoping I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my second Pfizer jab yesterday...finally!

Started feeling unwell after 12 hours, which was exactly like when getting the flu with quite painful body aches and shivers. Had weird dreams all night and am now sore all over, headache, with a really sore arm. Only had a sore arm after the first jab, which was extremely painful for 2 days.

So glad to have this protection now 😊