Jump to content

Eurovision


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FeTuoni said:

Maybe Madonna should not be doing anything at all. I think some people would be happier.

She should retire. Then the naysayers will be silenced forever and we could all listen to ray of light and confessions on a loop like zombies and remember better days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mensch said:

She should retire. Then the naysayers will be silenced forever and we could all listen to ray of light and confessions on a loop like zombies and remember better days. 

Oh yeah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, twannak said:

So does anyone know if M’s interview is still happening for the 16th?

Any Aussies getting up early on Sunday for the live telecast? I think I will only wake up for M’s bit. 

Definitely.  I do every year for Eurovision and this year is 100 times more important.  Barracking for Kate Miller-Heidke who I would love to win it for Australia but the main attraction by a mile is Madonna.  This Eurovision is the ultimate for me. 

16 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

SMFH some of the baffling things people be posting here lately. 🙄

I think a lot of them don't want her to appear at Eurovision and now are just being ridiculous for the sake of it.   Calling Madonna boring and having low expectations is something I can't imagine anyone thinking.  When has Madonna not been exciting and incredible at a huge event.  They are not commenting on anything they have even seen yet so it is all so pointless anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Well, the songs so far haven't been exciting and feel pretty low energy. I don't say that to be insulting. I just haven't found any of the songs so far to be captivating. The rehearsal clip of Future seems to follow suit. So that's 4 blah songs released in a row. Not saying she has to release a dance floor stomper but something with some energy would be nice.

This is how I felt after hearing the AL album for the first time. *I* wanted an album full of Impressive Instant's and Pardise's. It took me a long time to appreciate AL because it didn't fit what I thought it "should" be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can only speak for myself but I'm so excited for this performance. This will be one of her largest audiences ever and she surely will deliver. LAP always goes down well and I can't wait to hear the new songs!! Loving the energy of the 3 songs heard so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

This is how I felt after hearing the AL album for the first time. *I* wanted an album full of Impressive Instant's and Pardise's. It took me a long time to appreciate AL because it didn't fit what I thought it "should" be. 

I felt that way about I’m Breathless, Bedtime Stories and Hard Candy. 

With M, even upon first listen of the new songs, I’m always like “ahhh how do I feel?” And I let it sit and fester within me and just let go and then I take it in and realize how brilliant it (almost) always is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys,  can't you actually wait until you see the performance itself before wringing your hands and worrying ?   It is completely different from not being blown away by a song that you have heard to thinking that a worldwide performance is going to be boring.  

Anyway,  on with Eurovision.  Such an exciting time ahead for us.  Madonna performing on the world stage and the anticipation of it all.   Can't wait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn, after reading the meltdowns and complaints, she should sing a cover of this then and mesh with the camp-shit of ESC:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

This is how I felt after hearing the AL album for the first time. *I* wanted an album full of Impressive Instant's and Pardise's. It took me a long time to appreciate AL because it didn't fit what I thought it "should" be. 

It's interesting. I loved the AL album from the beginning. It's my favorite. And I was disappointed that fans didn't care for it at the time. Now, I see a lot of praise for the new songs on this forum and I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and as if I'm listening to something completely different from everyone else. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the album. Having new Madonna songs is always exciting. We still have a lot to look forward to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna is not a fool. She will put her heart and soul into this performance.  She knows how important it is and she is one of the greatest performers we have ever seen in the entertainment world.  She rises for big occasions as the superstar she is and puts on a performance feast for the world to see. .  As always,  am stunned at fans who seem to be somewhat questioning her performance abilities before the event.  We have followed her long enough to know how professional, spectacular and incredible she always is at huge events. . 

Given the stage she's entered in her career and the state of the music industry, it's easily one of the most important performances in her career. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, rekha said:

I can only speak for myself but I'm so excited for this performance. This will be one of her largest audiences ever and she surely will deliver. LAP always goes down well and I can't wait to hear the new songs!! Loving the energy of the 3 songs heard so far.

👍🏼Totally agree. Can’t wait!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I would rather see her do something Euphoric such as into the groove or Holiday than always bringing out like a prayer all the time. 

Like a Prayer is done so much because it is a song that the GP in mass adore.  Honestly,  I think it is a song that is basically bullet proof - everyone loves it.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I think it could be the most loved and admired " Pop song"  of all time.  We as fans,  get to hear it all the time but the GP and casual fans,  hear it on special occasions.  It always goes down incredibly and Madonna would know that.  Eurovision is a global worldwide event where millions of people are watching.   I have no problem at all with her performing Like a Prayer because I know how much it is adored and admired.  People don't just love hearing it, they think of it as a masterpiece.  When she performed it at the Melbourne concert at Rebel Heart,  I saw people with tears in their eyes singing it.  I have been to many concerts over the years but have never seen a reaction to a song like that.  It was incredible and beautiful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

And the alternate version of this post an actual fan would write:

Madonna, once again doing the unexpected by bringing a dark version of her classic LAP in favor of a "disco banger" as one would expect at ESC. Leave it to Madonna to break the mould! To bring some "island light" to ESC, this will also be the first time live performance of a brand new Reggae flavored song, Future featuring Quavo. This will also be the first time the two have performed live on stage together. Sounds like Madonna's doing what Madonna does best.....flipping the script, doing the unexpected. With Madonna's impeccable history of live performance, I have high expectations and no doubt she'll deliver.

 

👏🏻👍🏻 This x 1000!

with everything we have seen from this new era in the past few weeks, and it’s been more than we have gotten in years, how can any fan doubt that she will DELIVER? She’s fully invested in this era, artistically on fire, pouring her heart and soul into it all.  Haven’t been this excited about an era and performances in a long time because she is making it so exciting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna is not a fool. She will put her heart and soul into this performance.  She knows how important it is and she is one of the greatest performers we have ever seen in the entertainment world.  She rises for big occasions as the superstar she is and puts on a performance feast for the world to see. .  As always,  am stunned at fans who seem to be somewhat questioning her performance abilities before the event.  We have followed her long enough to know how professional, spectacular and incredible she always is at huge events. .

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very happy that you have decided to act in Eurovision,

We must be proud that he continues to give us music and performances like this one.

as is logical, everyone has their preferences,I think that Like a Prayer is definitely a classic.

and it's true. It seems we're never satisfied, no fan base is as tough on his idol as Madonna fans.we do not deserve her.

enjoy it!  of her music .. one day she will retire and it will be when we realize everything she has given us.when we will miss her.

thanks for everything Madonna!..for continuing to give everything,despite the stones that you found on the way (since  started yout career).

Thanks for ignoring your fans and making your own decisions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

And the alternate version of this post an actual fan would write:

Madonna, once again doing the unexpected by bringing a dark version of her classic LAP in favor of a "disco banger" as one would expect at ESC. Leave it to Madonna to break the mould! To bring some "island light" to ESC, this will also be the first time live performance of a brand new Reggae flavored song, Future featuring Quavo. This will also be the first time the two have performed live on stage together. Sounds like Madonna's doing what Madonna does best.....flipping the script, doing the unexpected. With Madonna's impeccable history of live performance, I have high expectations and no doubt she'll deliver.

 

erm I AM an actual fan like streaming the new songs a million times a day. I’m looking forward to the performance and am more than happy to be proved wrong. I want her to smash it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

It’s strange that for ESC, she is doing such a dark and slow version of LAP followed by a mid tempo Raggae that nobody heard before. 😐🙄 sounds really boring to me especially for a camp song contest. I have such low expectations, hopefully will be pleasantly surprised. 

did you watch the clip of the rehearsal? it sounds upbeat and joyous. i do think a different classic would have been nice to switch things up because she has such an immense catalogue and it would be nice for the general public to be reminded of that, but i highly doubt this is going to be as dark and somber as the met gala performance. 

Edited by bardo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Scott Mills does a video trying to find Madonna but hosts shows on Radio 1 that refuse to play her. What a twat. 

It's not Scott Mills, it Rylan Clark 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't wait for this ! Her outfit looks AMAZING and Madonna is looking so beautiful this era . Am going to enjoy myself even if she sings Champagne Rose over  and over for 15 minutes . Haven't seen Eurovision in yonks !

ps . Please don't HATE the performance that has not actually been performed .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I m not against LAP as it was performed on MET gala. It was dark and mysterious and artistic. It will be gorgeous and praised. It’s not the part I worry about - it’s Future. Hope it’s a good song, but seeing that it’s  produced by Diplo I do not hold much hope. I feel like the best songs on the album would not get released yet again as it has been happening since 2008.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are people acting like the MET-gala performance is something everyone has already seen a 1000 x
in Full HD. I only saw some wobbly shit on youtube, as far as I'm concerned I haven't seen it yet.
I hope it's a carbon copy of that, because I wanna c it.

 

THE END

 

Picture 2019-05-15 om 09.46.17(1).jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dark Ballet may well be very different now to how it was a year ago. It’s an interesting choice to me considering it seems more of an ‘arty’ choice than hit-single chaser, I hope it pays off. 🙏🏻 

I do hope Future is good, though. I don’t hold Diplo in the highest esteem to be honest. We will find out in 5-6 hours I suppose when it is available in Aus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, twannak said:

So does anyone know if M’s interview is still happening for the 16th?

Any Aussies getting up early on Sunday for the live telecast? I think I will only wake up for M’s bit. 

What interview? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JWAD said:

It's not Scott Mills, it Rylan Clark 

It was both of them in the video.

Scott Mills can't help Radio 1s agist policy but it was Nick Grimshaw that said people over forty were irrelevant to their audience and he slated hanky panky too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

a mid tempo Raggae that nobody heard before. 😐🙄 

1. Those two smileys are fucking vile and reeks of deep assholism there

2. Eurovision is about performing NEW songs for the most part

3. Nobody has heard "Future" in its entirety and of course you already called it "a mid tempo Raggae" in a very catty and cunty tone that is just so typical of bitchy gay men and bitter women who resent at almost everything in life

4. Again, Madonna has the worst fans among all the superstars and these fans will be the happiest people if she ever retires 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

1. Those two smileys are fucking vile and reeks of deep assholism there

2. Eurovision is about performing NEW songs for the most part

3. Nobody has heard "Future" in its entirety and of course you already called it "a mid tempo Raggae" in a very catty and cunty tone that is just so typical of bitchy gay men and bitter women who resent at almost everything in life

4. Again, Madonna has the worst fans among all the superstars and these fans will be the happiest people if she ever retires 

Preach!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...