New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

Cue posters coming in and say they have the right to their obvious dumb baiting opinion

Is there a statue of John Waters in Baltimore? If not, u should make arrangements to have one.

I'll come visit. :fag:

There are definately contradictions. Like her saying her fav painters are Kalo and Lempitska and going to a classical concert of the French sisters and then working with Minaj & Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. I cant really accept that one person likes them both as much... But maybe she does or she simply want that hit no matter what. Strangely, since attaching hereself to young "hot" artists she has not gained anything, actually I think she lost alot of credibility. I believe because the songs were far from her best.

I love Nicki, Britney and Miley..Justin, Pharrel, Timbaland and Kanye too..oh and Xtina, Ricky Martin and Nick Kamen and Nick Scotti also.

Now we need Katy and Riri on board. She will suck the life out from them.

I love it. I need it on the next record. Please.

Madonna-Kylie-Minogue-Getty-600x450.jpg

Not yet acko! But I live around all the places where his movies have been shot! My block is featured for a bit in Desperate Living and I've met John before at the Sidebar. :)

Is there talk of him getting one? I saw his one man show & saw a full retrospective of his work here in Brussels.

He was cool, told loadsa stories bout growing up in Baltimore

I am sure this will happen...there isn't a Divine monument yet!

My neighborhood is working on getting a Wallace Simpson monument erected, since she lived here in my neighborhood briefly.

There are definately contradictions. Like her saying her fav painters are Kalo and Lempitska and going to a classical concert of the French sisters and then working with Minaj & Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. I cant really accept that one person likes them both as much... But maybe she does or she simply want that hit no matter what. Strangely, since attaching hereself to young "hot" artists she has not gained anything, actually I think she lost alot of credibility. I believe because the songs were far from her best.

I don't really see the contradiction. Why can't someone like deeper more artistic things and then also more fun pop oriented things? They are for different moods. In fact, Madonna's whole discography is based around doing deeper more artistic songs and more fun pop dance things. On MDNA we have Falling Free and Superstar. So in fact liking both of those things is very Madonna. I think that's part of the reason Madonna is my favorite artist. I like both deeper artistic music and more fun superficial pop music. depending on my mood. Madonna is one of the few artists who does both equally well.

Guest bluejean

I don't really see the contradiction. Why can't someone like deeper more artistic things and then also more fun pop oriented things? They are for different moods. In fact, Madonna's whole discography is based around doing deeper more artistic songs and more fun pop dance things.

Exactly. My mind boggled at that statement.

Guest bluejean

There are definately contradictions. Like her saying her fav painters are Kalo and Lempitska and going to a classical concert of the French sisters and then working with Minaj & Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. I cant really accept that one person likes them both as much...

She probably has a Frida Khalo painting hanging next to a print of the Hard Candy album cover in her toilet

Guest bluejean

When i say that she's a mix of condratictions i mean that for example she sings against magazines and a new vapid culture and then she decides to hire for Material Girl the faces of absurd teenagers who are famous for the wrong reasons. It's a contradiction, just the same that she sings that she's tired of fame but then she does whatever it takes to keep on being famous. Or she tries to sell a very expensive skin care product when it's clear that she messes with her face.

She's always been a mix of contradictions, and just like Larkspur said, it's because we all are. But in Madonna's case, her messages sound so loud, that contradictions sound loud too.

Am I the only one who has seen those contradictions?

This is something alot of non fans think as well. And while I see your point you have to consider that American Life isn't an instruction manual on how to live life. She was posing questions/thoughts/ideas not just to her audience but to herself. She wasn't saying "Fame and money are terrible things and nobody should ever want or have them." She was saying that it's not all its cracked up to be.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman

I have always felt like this and it's one thing about M I love. She's complex. She isn't one dimensional or easily understood. She changes, grows and evolves in front of everyone.

What a ridiculous thing to say! Some people are complex humans, not one-dimensional. Just because someone loves deep music it doesn't mean theu can't like or love pop songs. I actually find people who can appreciate things at different ends of the spectrum more interesting and mature than those not.

Well I just dont like Minaj or most of Britney. She could ve chosen better young arists to collaborate with who are at least interesting. It was pretty obvious by GMAYL and MATM.

This shitty ass thread makes me long for the days of Avicii's Angels vs Diplo's Dipshits.

Passive aggressive Madonna fandom seems to be the in-thing these days. All-time worst.

Excuse me, but i still have many things to discuss in this thread. For example:

1. Does she say "I got you" or "I got jew" in Love Profusion?

2. Girl Gone Wild. Why did she decide to record that song instead of working more with Orbit?

3. She should look for unknown producers. This woman was a trendsetter, for God's sake!

And the most important one, the one that i reserve for those slow days when we will all be bored:

4. Has Madonna ever have a face lift?

Excuse me, but i still have many things to discuss in this thread. For example:

2. Girl Gone Wild. Why did she decide to record that song instead of working more with Orbit?

Cause if she was 25 and had a different name her critics would think it's genius.

Perhaps they are changing their minds now?