Secret Project

Nonoka

God this is shaping up to be serious cringe.

I actually agree with Madonna's sentiment as expressed in her own words. Dialogue is so important, and I think if a lot of Christians were to sit down with a gay person and try to understand them, the results could only be good. But dialogue is a two way street. It involves both parties understanding each other's point of view, and the end of hatred on both sides. And to be honest, the way to enter into dialogue with a Christian person is not to start it by taking their most sacred symbol and using it in a way that they find blasphemous or offensive. So far this seems to be yet another way of attacking and offending 'enemies' (in this case the religious), rather than promoting any sort of dialogue with them.

I actually agree with Madonna's sentiment as expressed in her own words. Dialogue is so important, and I think if a lot of Christians were to sit down with a gay person and try to understand them, the results could only be good. But dialogue is a two way street. It involves both parties understanding each other's point of view, and the end of hatred on both sides. And to be honest, the way to enter into dialogue with a Christian person is not to start it by taking their most sacred symbol and using it in a way that they find blasphemous or offensive. So far this seems to be yet another way of attacking and offending 'enemies' (in this case the religious), rather than promoting any sort of dialogue with them.

What fucking point of view? Does a racist have a point of view!?

B fucking serious.

Why are you only discussing Christians? It was clearly a broad statement aimed at ANY PERSON using religion as a justification for a personal atrocity. She also paticularly addressed Muslim religion...You really have a habbit of imagining things that did not happen putting words into people's mouths.

What fucking point of view? Does a racist have a point of view!?

B fucking serious.

Seriously. Sit down and have a chat with bigots and people that would put a bullet in a girls skull simply because she wants to learn.

Get real.

And I think the main point of this is not to reach out to the bigots or nutjobs with this project. I think the point of it is to wake people up that are on the fence and snap them out of it to finally say ENOUGH!

How could anyone find anything negative in this?

Seriously. Sit down and have a chat with bigots and people that would put a bullet in a girls skull simply because she wants to learn.

Get real.

I think it's you that needs to get real -your posts read like a regurgitated tabloid newspaper headline. THEY PUT A BULLET THROUGH A GIRL'S SKULL JUST BECAUSE OF BOOK LEARNIN'! How many bullets has Obama directly or indirectly put through little girls heads since he came to power do you think? How many rapists and woman torturers has he given weapons? Why aren't they headline news like Nahla?

You know what? Yes it IS about understanding these people -it IS about understanding what motivates radical Muslims, or people who don't agree with gay marriage, or people who want to own guns, because guess what, we're all people, and most of us are just trying to live life the best way that we can.

The American media at the moment is all about making people into enemies -in particular making those God-fearing 'nutjobs' you hate so much out to be basically subhuman and beyond the pale. I find it pretty scary that you've gone so far down this path that you're speaking about bigots and child killers in the same sentence. Seeing your fellow citizens not as people but as the obstacles to your perfect society is one step from genocide.

Quite a confused name really. Freedom means just that. You are free -to be united or be disunited. Unity implies conformity, whether for the 'greater good' or not. The two concepts are diametrically opposed.

Can't say I'm entirely delighted that she seems to be jumping into world affairs feet first again. Especially if her instrument of doing so is a Stephen Klein photoshoot.

oh well you express your misery 90% of the time here why should this be any different

I think it's you that needs to get real -your posts read like a regurgitated tabloid newspaper headline. THEY PUT A BULLET THROUGH A GIRL'S SKULL JUST BECAUSE OF BOOK LEARNIN'! How many bullets has Obama directly or indirectly put through little girls heads since he came to power do you think? How many rapists and woman torturers has he given weapons? Why aren't they headline news like Nahla?

You know what? Yes it IS about understanding these people -it IS about understanding what motivates radical Muslims, or people who don't agree with gay marriage, or people who want to own guns, because guess what, we're all people, and most of us are just trying to live life the best way that we can.

The American media at the moment is all about making people into enemies -in particular making those God-fearing 'nutjobs' you hate so much out to be basically subhuman and beyond the pale. I find it pretty scary that you've gone so far down this path that you're speaking about bigots and child killers in the same sentence. Seeing your fellow citizens not as people but as the obstacles to your perfect society is one step from genocide.

:thumbsup:

FISTS ACROSS AMERICA!

:laugh: Where's Twiggy when you need her?

For those who can't see the clip it's an eyeball close up flicking left and right - face is covered in black make-up mixed with clips of what looks like a lava lamp in reverse... but is it art?

:popcorn2:

You need a reality check. I disagree with people who wear acid wash denim or dye their hair green but I don't shoot them.

Luckyguy, I do not want to understand the point of view of people that can shoot a girl in the head for wanting to be educated and stone women to death. The Taliban's treatment of women is disgusting and you can not compare Obama to them. When was the last time you heard Obama say that girls should not be educated, have any rights and deserve to be shot for wanting an education ? Another tragic part of the radical's actions is that are tainting the name of peaceful and fair Muslims in the world who are just as horrified by these actions as everyone else. So no, I definitely do not want to understand radical, violent people of any race and religion who want to treat women like this. Perhaps, if you was a female, you might think the same. Imagine if you were not allowed to be educated, could be stoned to death and have genital mutilation all because you were born a female.