Secret Project

Nonoka

women, jail, got to be something for pussy riot

I hope not. The OUTCRY over that from the Western media was incredibly hypocritical and self-serving. There are people rotting in American jails (and many who've lost more than their freedom for a year or so) for a lot less.

you can't concern or put yourself 100% behind EVERYTHING. you have to choose. and pussy riot seems right up to Madonna's ally especially when it comes to freedom of speech! they are women doing MUSIC to put out a message against censorship! there's even a fucking church involved :lmao: I mean! you can't get much more madonna than that.

you can't compare what's happening in russia to america. whole different thing. I also think it's pretty damn fucked up to just focus on only america and ignore everything else going on in the world! how about that?

you can't concern or put yourself 100% behind EVERYTHING. you have to choose. and pussy riot seems right up to Madonna's ally especially when it comes to freedom of speech! they are women doing MUSIC to put out a message against censorship! there's even a fucking church involved :lmao: I mean! you can't get much more madonna than that.

you can't compare what's happening in russia to america. whole different thing. I also think it's pretty damn fucked up to just focus on only america and ignore everything else going on in the world! how about that?

Oh Nikki! :clap: Queen of words! :bow:

Totally agree with everything you said!!! :bow:

Exactly. Its like the people who bitch at Madonna and other people for adopting outside of the US.

"But there are so many kids HERE that need help! We should be helping our OWN!"

Well excuse me, in cases like that I stop veiwing the world as US vs THEM and view the planet as a whole. You are helping to give a child a home. Simple as that. I could give two shits what country they are from. Any human that would help a child in need should be applauded.

If this is about Pussy Riot, Madonna is standing up for freedom of expression. Doesnt matter if its standing up for a person in America, or Russia. Her heart is in the right place and thats all that matters. Who gives a shit what country you focus on when at the end of the day you are doing the right thing and fighting to make this screwed up planet a tiny bit better.

The human race should shut its mouth and take whatever it can get at this point because most people that do the bitching are the ones sitting on the sidelines doing jackshit.

3ota93.jpg

I also think the MDNA booklet (minus the front cover) was uninspiring/over-retouched, also way too similar to the Hard Candy artwork.

Steven Klein shows us a different side to Madonna, they always produce thought provoking work together.

I think that seeing this picture and all the previous information, we can know what consist the project. In my opinion it will be a photo exhibition, with several familiar faces about dark and transgression theme. Although I do not discard a campaign against weapons. We'll see what all this is.

I hope to good it's a video filled with violent thrills and she reprises the character type from WIFLFAG/DAD/American Life. I love Amazonionna.

As a casual visitor to this thread, each time I pop in I leave feeling confused / frustrated. I hope this lives up to the hype, had hoped it was music related too but that seems less likely I guess

I have a feeling its going to be a run-of-the-mill, cross promotion, photoshoot. In no way does that mean I think it can't be artistic, visually groundbreaking or exciting...but I don't think its going to be a new medium or something so worthy of such a "secret". Hope I'm wrong on that.

Didn't some friend of Klein say in a tweet some months ago that he finished watching Klein's FILM for the secret project? I coulda swore that it's been mentioned before that it's a film.

Didn't some friend of Klein say in a tweet some months ago that he finished watching Klein's FILM for the secret project? I coulda swore that it's been mentioned before that it's a film.

Yes, that guy said he saw a filming from Steven's secret project.

Sorry but I think that's nonsense. America is a country she knows inside out and she can criticise it with authority, and it's also quite brave, as she will face (and has faced) a backlash when she's said stuff against American actions. Slating a foreign country she doesn't live in, will just make her look like a xenophobe and an American imperialist, and will probably do the pussy-riot cause more harm than good, as it arguably already has -the judge was effectively forced to hand down that sentence, or Russia would have looked like it was caving to foreign pressure. If she does do the Pussy riot thing, it will just be playing to the gallery on a totally safe issue that makes her look like a champion of free speech but with no consequences.

what a nonsense! Madonna did the best for Pussy Riot. Unlike someone like Gaga, she actually directly supported them. I dont see it as imperalistic or as something negative for Pussy Riot. Obviously they think the same since they thanked her left and right.

what a nonsense! Madonna did the best for Pussy Riot. Unlike someone like Gaga, she actually directly supported them. I dont see it as imperalistic or as something negative for Pussy Riot. Obviously they think the same since they thanked her left and right.

Nevertheless, they're still in jail. And the massive media hype that came out of the situation effectively meant a tough sentence was the only option, FACT.

Furthermore, at this moment, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, two of the world's most evil autocracies, are conducting a ruthless repression of their own people, who are trying to rise up and claim democracy. In these countries, stoning is used as a punishment. Rape is used as a tool of repression. Where is queue of celebrities lining up to defend their free speech? Nowhere. Because these countries are US allies, and the US doesn't want democracy and free speech in these countries. If Madonna wants to be a great defender of free speech, she could start by highlighting these abuses, not attacking a very religious Christian country for simply handing out a jail term for desecration of a Church -hardly the worst thing to have happened in the world even that DAY, let alone the whole of 2012.

Nevertheless, they're still in jail. And the massive media hype that came out of the situation effectively meant a tough sentence was the only option, FACT.

Yeah, maybe Madonna should have planned a jailbreak. :doh: Sometimes you say the stupidest shit.