UK DATES FOR TOUR

debord

http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/madonnalicious/2012/04/new-hyde-park-tour-flyer.html

New Hyde Park tour flyer

This new version of the flyer advertising Madonna's Hyde Park tour date - now featuring the support acts LMFAO and Martin Solveig - were handed out to attendees at the Hammersmith Apollo Kylie Anti-Tour show last week.

tour_hydepark_flyer.jpg

Does that mean it's not sold out yet? Otherwise, why bother? :(

Does that mean it's not sold out yet? Otherwise, why bother? :(

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the first batch of tickets have went, and they have released more? Hyde Park can expand to accommodate (unlike a stadium or arena) It will be sold out as if they have sold 50,000 tickets then that will be how much were "available". If they can sell 10,000 more then all the better

I am going to the Edinburgh show. Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold for that? I am guessing 60,000+?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the first batch of tickets have went, and they have released more? Hyde Park can expand to accommodate (unlike a stadium or arena) It will be sold out as if they have sold 50,000 tickets then that will be how much were "available". If they can sell 10,000 more then all the better

yes, it will be sold out by the day she´s performing, because it has the seats that they want, it has that possibility

Live Aid 2005 had about 200,000 in Hyde Park. So Live Nation will just add tickets all the time as long as people are trying to buy them.

I hope they announce the European contest on winning pit tickets. Would like to try and win a pair to Birmingham and if she adds Manchester maybe I can persuade a friend to buy tickets to that show since I bought tickets to Edinburgh. :doofus:

Live Aid 2005 had about 200,000 in Hyde Park. So Live Nation will just add tickets all the time as long as people are trying to buy them.

i think the rules have changed and they cant take anywhere near as much as this now. Isn't it around 65k maximum?

‘Granny in fishnets’ Madonna fails to draw Murrayfield crowds

Published: 15 April 2012 on Scotsman Sunday

SHE may be becoming the immaterial girl. Thousands of tickets for Madonna’s much-hyped show at Murrayfield this summer are unsold even though she has never played in Scotland.

Meanwhile, unsuspecting fans who think the gig is sold out face being duped into paying vastly-inflated prices for the show. Scotland on Sunday has discovered that a string of ticket agencies is selling seats at up to £900 a ticket even though they can still be bought direct from the official promoter for as little as £77. Only tickets for the standing arena at Murrayfield – which cost as little as £50.75 when bought directly from the promoters – have sold out. There is widespread availability of tickets in all other parts of the stadium, which can hold 60,000, for the show on Saturday 21 July.

Music critics believe Madonna’s appeal is fading, especially now she is being overtaken in the celebrity ranks by acts such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Lana Del Rey and Jessie J.

Music critic Colin Somerville said: “I’m not sure whether someone like Madonna, who is essentially a disco act, is suitable to play in a huge stadium like Murrayfield.

“I don’t think people want to pay those kind of prices for a show that has no sense of intimacy or personal experience.

“You also have to consider that she is doing the tour off the back of a not particularly successful album and has also lost that aspirational status that she once had.

“Somebody who was a fan five years or so may now be into Lana Del Rey or Lady Gaga. I’m not sure people really want to see their granny in fishnets singing on stage.” The American superstar, who is now 53, is playing Scotland as part of a European tour to promote her album, MDNA.

It emerged in February that ticket agency Viagogo had struck a deal with Madonna’s promoter, Live Nation, to be the official “premium and secondary ticketing partner” for her tour.

t

There are no fewer than 36 pages of tickets for Madonna’s Murrayfield gig on sale on the Viagogo site. Prime seats in the upper section of the west stand start at £150 each.

However, on Live Nation’s own website, tickets in the same area can easily be acquired for £77.

On the website of another ticket agency, Seatwave, ticket for seats in the south stand at Murrayfield range in price from £99.50 to £235.

Derren Nugent, spokesman for the music website www.safeconcerts.com, said Madonna had created a one-woman “toutfest” by allowing a batch of tickets to go on sale on Viagogo’s website, but that the move had now backfired due to poor sales.

Live Nation declined to answer any questions about the show at Murrayfield and ticket sales for the show to date.

Viagogo, which initially tried to claim Madonna’s concert in Edinburgh was sold out, said it would not discuss the “confidential” details of its contract with Live Nation for Madonna’s tour.

However, Edward Parkinson, director of London-based Viagogo, said: “We are officially endorsed by the organisers of the tour as the place where fans should go to sell-on their spare tickets and to buy tickets once sold out at the box office.”

Wow. This was the concert that was supposedly sold out really quickly.

Viagogo were on the news recently I think as concert promoters were selling tickets directly to them and they were inflating the prices. The site is supposedly only tickets that fans can't use. A real scam.

viagogo sell real tickets, but really expensive, so, yes, it´s a legal scam

"“I don’t think people want to pay those kind of prices for a show that has no sense of intimacy or personal experience." this is the key, in my opinion

This is stupid. If the show is sold out whether it was fans buying tickets and/or scalpers, it counts as a sell out regardless of the artist. There are Gaga tickets on Viagogo and for practically every artist out there especially those touring with Live Nation and other major touring companies. That paper is acting like the Daily Mail and Roger, trying to spin things while clutching at straws. The title is disgusting and just shows the bias. That's not objective and responsible journalism.

Edited by Louise Oriole

viagogo sell real tickets, but really expensive, so, yes, it´s a legal scam

"“I don’t think people want to pay those kind of prices for a show that has no sense of intimacy or personal experience." this is the key, in my opinion

They were investigated a few weeks ago on British TV by an undercover journalist and they admitted to getting tickets direct from the promoters and also staff have got credit cards to buy tickets for the company. They then put them on their site at inflated prices!

‘Granny in fishnets’ Madonna fails to draw Murrayfield crowds

Published: 15 April 2012 on Scotsman Sunday

What a terrible and very sexist article. Male artists of Madonna's age do not receive such treatment, people don't go on about U2, Prince, Bruce Springsteen etc because of their age. Once again it shows that despite the move to equality, women of a certain age are judged completely differently from men, and the sad thing is in a lot of cases, it perpetuated by women.

Does anyone know the true picture with regards to the Murrayfield show?

What a terrible and very sexist article. Male artists of Madonna's age do not receive such treatment, people don't go on about U2, Prince, Bruce Springsteen etc because of their age. Once again it shows that despite the move to equality, women of a certain age are judged completely differently from men, and the sad thing is in a lot of cases, it perpetuated by women.

Does anyone know the true picture with regards to the Murrayfield show?

I agree. The music business such as music journalists is dominated by 20 - 30something males who have complete disrespect for female artists, especially older ones.

I agree. The music business is dominated by 20 - 30something males who have complete disrespect for female artists, especially older ones.

And does male are usually the fattest and uglyiest ones.

They clearly have problems relating to womens in general.

Edited by Her Madgesty

The London Standard has an article in this evenings edition staring Madonna has failed to

sell out Hyde Park while Gaga has sold out her first date at Twickenham Stadiym and added another.

They fail to mention Gaga won't be performing to a full capacity of around 85k. Apparently due her stage set

up capacity is around 55k.

Lady Gaga more of a money spinner than Material Girl

Lady Gaga today proved she is London’s Queen of Pop by announcing a second show at Twickenham Stadium — leaving Madonna trailing in her wake.

The Standard has learned that the Material Girl has yet to sell out her summer Hyde Park concert, despite tickets being on sale for more than two months.

But US star Gaga, 26, sold out her concert last week in 10 minutes, and announced a second show at the venue this morning. If this sells out, she will have sold 110,000 tickets for the September concerts.

Madonna’s gig at Hyde Park on July 17, the only English date of her world tour, has a capacity of 55,000, although this can be increased to 80,000.

The 53-year-old singer has been criticised for her high ticket prices, with entry to her all-standing London show costing £70 and £125. She responded by saying: “I’m worth it.” By comparison, Gaga’s Twickenham tickets cost £50-£80.

A source said: “The reaction to Lady Gaga [is] phenomenal. No one expected her tickets to sell out as fast as they did. Gaga is undoubtedly London’s Queen of Pop.”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/celebritynews/lady-gaga-more-of-a-money-spinner-than-material-girl-7647703.html

The London Standard has an article in this evenings edition staring Madonna has failed to

sell out Hyde Park while Gaga has sold out her first date at Twickenham Stadiym and added another.

They fail to mention Gaga won't be performing to a full capacity of around 85k. Apparently due her stage set

up capacity is around 55k.

Lady Gaga more of a money spinner than Material Girl

Lady Gaga today proved she is London’s Queen of Pop by announcing a second show at Twickenham Stadium — leaving Madonna trailing in her wake.

The Standard has learned that the Material Girl has yet to sell out her summer Hyde Park concert, despite tickets being on sale for more than two months.

But US star Gaga, 26, sold out her concert last week in 10 minutes, and announced a second show at the venue this morning. If this sells out, she will have sold 110,000 tickets for the September concerts.

Madonna’s gig at Hyde Park on July 17, the only English date of her world tour, has a capacity of 55,000, although this can be increased to 80,000.

The 53-year-old singer has been criticised for her high ticket prices, with entry to her all-standing London show costing £70 and £125. She responded by saying: “I’m worth it.” By comparison, Gaga’s Twickenham tickets cost £50-£80.

A source said: “The reaction to Lady Gaga [is] phenomenal. No one expected her tickets to sell out as fast as they did. Gaga is undoubtedly London’s Queen of Pop.”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/celebritynews/lady-gaga-more-of-a-money-spinner-than-material-girl-7647703.html

So in short, they sold the exact same amount of tickets? Also is Birmingham still in England? I'm not sure since I'm not from the UK, unlike the author. :fag:

So in short, they sold the exact same amount of tickets? Also is Birmingham still in England? I'm not sure since I'm not from the UK, unlike the author. :fag:

Yes, Birmingham is the second / third largest city right in the centre of England so that is an error. However, Gaga has sold out very quickly compared to Madonna's Hyde Park gig that has taken weeks to sell. It's only to be expected from the lazy tabloid press.

Are all of these pieces written by interns who were born just 5 years ago? Maybe they should compare Gagas Tour to the Who's that Girl tour to have a more reliable perspective taking into consideration the number of years both women were in business and the number of albums released. So, Madonna sold out (old) Wembley stadium in 18 hours TWICE. 144.000 tickets.

Are all of these pieces written by interns who were born just 5 years ago? Maybe they should compare Gagas Tour to the Who's that Girl tour to have a more reliable perspective taking into consideration the number of years both women were in business and the number of albums released. So, Madonna sold out (old) Wembley stadium in 18 hours TWICE. 144.000 tickets.

I know, it unfair to compare both artists when one of them has over-saturated that uk market and toured there in both stadiums and arenas over the last 30 years. will gaga even have a career in five years time? I wouldn't be surprised if acts like take that, the spice girls, or robbie williams have sold out even faster in the UK at their prime.. - where gaga is now. - if we want to make an honest comparison, lets take the who's that girl tour or another one at M's highest prime & compare that to gaga's btw. - i mean, no one bothers to write shit about janet jackson and mariah carey not selling out a tiny amphitheater and put Madonna next to them for comparison.

why is everyone so desperate to bring madonna down anyway? it can't all be sexism, ageism, or jealousy..

If Madges tickets were priced like gagas ticketmaster wouldve collapsed. I couldnt talk anybody into it. They had either spent so much the last times going with me or just couldnt afford it.

She ended up playing 4 nights at Wembley Stadium and selling 288,000 tickets almost unheard of for a woman at that time.

I remember queuing all day for tickets with my sister, we couldnt believe we managed to get them.

But they wont as it does not make for a good headline, and to be honest saying such things makes us sound like Kylie fans who blamed the snow for Aphrodite flopping. I am happy to accept that in some markets Gaga will sell more records / more tickets. Throughout Madonna's career there have been artists who outsell her at a particular time, but there have been few who have had been as consistently successful as Madonna and who can charge such prices for a concert ticket and still sell out large venues. Best to ignore the negative articles. They have been printing them since 1984 and Madonna is still here and seen many "successors" come and go.