COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

10 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

From your mouth to God’s ears! I sort of have lost faith in humanity after very good friends and family members became anti-vaxers this year. They are college educated people and yet here we are. 
Maybe a good old mandate - no exceptions - which forces you to get this vaccine so that we don’t overwhelm the healthcare system and we don’t help to create new strains of the virus wouldn’t be such a bad thing after all. I don’t know. 

You can't legislate common sense. That is something I realised years ago. 

In Spain the super conservative high court ruled one month ago that lock down was illegal back then. You know, thousands dying each day but they decided that lockdown was against the law. And in result the money fined to those who broke the law will be given back. 

If there is not common sense in high courts, how can we expect it to be in legislation?

Potential lockdown for England coming on 27th. We're getting our highest ever infection rates but the Tories daren't ruin Christmas so they're hanging on. The omicron variant is much more contagious but supposedly less severe. However, we've now got worker shortages in London and the fear is hospitals could still be overwhelmed.

So, in Denmark all residents aged 18 years or older can now have their booster shot as soon as 140 days after the second day.

I just scheduled my booster shot for 28 December, which is the earliest possible day I could have it.

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

I am so jealous of all of you who may already receive your booster shot. In Province of Quebec, it is still not available for my age group.😭

It’s getting so bad around here, this is so demoralazing. Just a few days before Christmas, everything colapses. It was written in the sky, though.

Lockdown looking less likely here in England now as the omicron variant is far milder than Delta. 

However, a fourth booster might be required!

BTW, MPs were briefed last week that the virus looks like it was leaked from a lab as they can't find an animal that could have hosted it. It was reported in the press but not heard anything since. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Lockdown looking less likely here in England now as the omicron variant is far milder than Delta. 

However, a fourth booster might be required!

BTW, MPs were briefed last week that the virus looks like it was leaked from a lab as they can't find an animal that could have hosted it. It was reported in the press but not heard anything since. 

Conspiracist!!!!

Will be Boosted on Jan 28 with Moderna . Had 2 jabs of AZ already .

No Lockdown here in Bangkok Thailand , although in some provinces New Year's celebration is prohibited due to Omicron variant .

Well i finally got Covid. Seems to be Omicron as its not too bad. Coughing like once every few hours or so, slight sore throat for like half a day and some nausea and backpain. Im not boostered only double vaxxed.   I know a couple people who are boostered and tested postive but no symptoms at all.  I guess nows the best time to get it if youre going to get it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to a population cocktail consisting of widespread infection and high vaccination frequency, Danish health authorities estimate that Denmark will reach herd immunity within the next 2 weeks. Therefore, all Covid-19 restrictions in Denmark will be abolished as of 1 February.

However, until the end of February, there will still be certain testing and isolation requirements for people entering Denmark from abroad - especially those who aren't fully vaccinated or previously infected.

• 2 weeks later...

So in case anyone's missed it, there's been a massive "Freedom Convoy" of unvaccinated transport truck drivers with missing teeth who have descended on Ottawa (the capital of Canada) and are insisting they're staying until all mandates and restrictions are lifted. Despite that these mandates are decided at the provincial level and not the federal. :crazy: It's a huge drama with these assholes blaring their horns all day and night and basically putting a beautiful city under siege... the mayor just declared a state of emergency.

From what I've been reading this convoy has gotten a lot of solidarity worldwide. @Martin B.@runa

qz3gQLB.jpg

vrSbSqY.jpg

DUrpa6e.jpg

iszM9fQ.jpg

Don't talk to me about those toothless morons who have been ruining our lives for the last 2 years. The media, politicians and the police are responsible for an unforgivable complacency letting this tiny minority of citizens ruin the life of the majority. The freedom of speech has long been exceeded with them. Let the police do their job by making arrests and seizing the trucks. In Quebec, we are lucky because the number of morons was modest and the whole thing ended (for the moment) yesterday at the end of the day. In Ottawa, on the other hand, the citizens have been prisoners of these morons for 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

Reading the last stories shared here it’s a wonder humanity even discovered the fire.

Indeed. Seriously, all the participants who are interviewed all seem to speak without teeth and with partial paralysis of the mouth. They are the demonstration of the failure of our education system for several decades.

2 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Indeed. Seriously, all the participants who are interviewed all seem to speak without teeth and with partial paralysis of the mouth. They are the demonstration of the failure of our education system for several decades.

That and the fact that any white hetero man has been listened and obeyed for the past 10.000 years.

There’s going to be a trucker convoy launched here in the U.S. next month in Washington DC. It will likely have a bigger and more disruptive turn out. Facebook recently removed a group they had on there with 100,000+ members. :scared:

• 2 weeks later...

The Danish Health Authority has changed its test recommendations for COVID-19. In Denmark, as of today, only people experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are recommended to be tested, and only if they belong to a high-risk group.

Ironically, this announcement was made just a few hours after I tested positive myself.