COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

So what is actually going on in terms of numbers in the US? What was reported daily here in Australia is now receiving no coverage given the Capitol/MAGA mess. 

1 hour ago, San said:

So what is actually going on in terms of numbers in the US? What was reported daily here in Australia is now receiving no coverage given the Capitol/MAGA mess. 

The numbers for daily Covid cases and deaths are horrible. They’re at the worst they’ve ever been! New record breaking peaks in cases and deaths the past few days. The Trump administration never took it seriously and there is hardly anything being done on a national level. Protocols are very different from one state to the next and even from one city/town to the neighboring city/town. The U.S. is a huge land mass and the current patchwork approach will keep Covid spreading hard. Hopefully when Biden takes office he can enact substantial things on a national level.

41 minutes ago, Junior said:

The numbers for daily Covid cases and deaths are horrible. They’re at the worst they’ve ever been! New record breaking peaks in cases and deaths the past few days. The Trump administration never took it seriously and there is hardly anything being done on a national level. Protocols are very different from one state to the next and even from one city/town to the neighboring city/town. The U.S. is a huge land mass and the current patchwork approach will keep Covid spreading hard. Hopefully when Biden takes office he can enact substantial things on a national level.

It's so shocking watching this unfold; I'm really so sorry you've been let down this way. It's criminal!

So true about Trump and Co, and even worse since the election. They completely dropped the ball and instead only focused on retaining their power. And that bastard has the nerve to get up still and talk about their success with the vaccine (which is in no way his success to claim) whilst completely ignoring the numbers and NEVER ONCE acknowledging the people who have been lost. From what I heard they're even fucking up the vaccine roll out because they never developed a proper plan for that. There need to be consequence for this.

Stay well my friend ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Junior said:

So sad to read this. I watch CNN a lot and have been so sad watching it and also angry for the disregard of this useless government shown towards the American public. Trump has been disgraceful in so many ways and his non action on protecting Americans from Covid is unforgivable.

Stay safe xx 

4 hours ago, San said:

It's so shocking watching this unfold; I'm really so sorry you've been let down this way. It's criminal!

So true about Trump and Co, and even worse since the election. They completely dropped the ball and instead only focused on retaining their power. And that bastard has the nerve to get up still and talk about their success with the vaccine (which is in no way his success to claim) whilst completely ignoring the numbers and NEVER ONCE acknowledging the people who have been lost. From what I heard they're even fucking up the vaccine roll out because they never developed a proper plan for that. There need to be consequence for this.

Stay well my friend ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So sad to read this. I watch CNN a lot and have been so sad watching it and also angry for the disregard of this useless government shown towards the American public. Trump has been disgraceful in so many ways and his non action on protecting Americans from Covid is unforgivable.

Stay safe xx 

Thanks. Yes the vaccine rollout so far is very disorganized and barely available to most people nationwide. Trump is doing nothing to ramp up the amount of vaccines available. New York City is currently getting access to only 300,000 vaccines a week and at that rate it will take a very long time to reach everybody in the area. So right now in NYC the vaccine is limited to specific groups (elderly, health care workers, teachers, grocery workers, cops, firemen, etc). I’m eligible for it and I’m waiting for an appointment now. I had Covid last year and although it was relatively “mild” I don’t want risk getting it again and worse! 

The Australian Open is already a headache.  Several international Tennis players complaining about strict quarantine, the fact 5 people have already arrived in Australia with Covid from the tennis arrivals and the fact that many Australians who are desperate to come home are finding it so hard to get home from overseas yet international tennis players and their entourage are all flown in.  Should have cancelled it for this year.  Special circumstances so would be understood. 

We are in our second wave at the moment . The infection rates are around 200-300 + daily and deaths have increased from 60 to 70 . 

Gyms , pub, clubs ,spas , bars are closed . Restaurants are open ( with strict Covid-19 app check in  and social distancing guideline ) but they can open until only 9 pm . 

Vaccines will jeavailable from FEB 2021 . GP will get it around April I think .

Let's hope we can get back to our old lives again after we all get access to the Vaccine around the world as we cannot go on like this living forever with lockdowns, restrictions etc, we have got to learn to live with Covid, it will be here forever. 

3 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Let's hope we can get back to our old lives again after we all get access to the Vaccine around the world as we cannot go on like this living forever with lockdowns, restrictions etc, we have got to learn to live with Covid, it will be here forever. 

I think with the vaccine it will be like before. Corona will be another flu virus. 

I do wonder though if we have to re vaccinate every year. Nobody speaks about it.

I read that you could still get it even if you have been vaccinated but the symptoms will be less severe .

6 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I read that you could still get it even if you have been vaccinated but the symptoms will be less severe .

Well, just like the usual flu jab, you'll still get it but the symptoms would be very very mild.

From personal experience:

Before flu jab: fever + sore throat + runny nose + muscle aching for 2 to 3 days, followed by cough for 2 or 3 months on and off.

After flu jab: slight runny nose for a day or 2.

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

I think with the vaccine it will be like before. Corona will be another flu virus. 

I do wonder though if we have to re vaccinate every year. Nobody speaks about it.

Yep, Covid will be just another Virus in time &  we will have to be vaccinated against it yearly like the Flu. 

7 hours ago, horn said:

Well, just like the usual flu jab, you'll still get it but the symptoms would be very very mild.

From personal experience:

Before flu jab: fever + sore throat + runny nose + muscle aching for 2 to 3 days, followed by cough for 2 or 3 months on and off.

After flu jab: slight runny nose for a day or 2.

Also just like flu jabs it will not protect you against all tases different strains of covid but I guess it's better than having no protection at all .

Face masks and hand sanitizer are here to stay .

ColCORONA: Colchicine Reduces Complications in Outpatient COVID-19

After excluding 329 patients without a confirmatory PCR test, however, the use of colchicine was reported to significantly reduce hospitalizations by 25%, the need for mechanical ventilation by 50%, and deaths by 44%.

"We believe that this is a medical breakthrough. There's no approved therapy to prevent complications of COVID-19 in outpatients, to prevent them from reaching the hospital," lead investigator Jean-Claude Tardif, MD, from the Montreal Heart Institute in Quebec, Canada, told theheart.org | Medscape Cardiology.

"I know that several countries will be reviewing the data very rapidly and that Greece approved it today," he said. "So this is providing hope for patients."

• 4 weeks later...

US coronavirus deaths by month, per NBC News data:

February 2020: 1
March: 3,768
April: 58,960
May: 42,099
June: 23,416
July: 26,164
August: 30,234
September: 23,341
October: 23,691
November: 37,172
December: 77,124
January 2021: 96,377
February: 72,880
--
Total deaths: 515,775

It's a nightmare. 

I hope the vaccine roll out will stop this massacre. In countries like Israel, with lots of people already with the first jab the number of deaths have reduced drastically! 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

It's a nightmare. 

I hope the vaccine roll out will stop this massacre. In countries like Israel, with lots of people already with the first jab the number of deaths have reduced drastically! 

are they vacconating the palestinan people too?

We can already see the results of vaccination in UK and Israel ,countries that have had way more people vaccinated than the others ..In the other hand EU is sleeping..

• 2 weeks later...

CNN: Half of Italy's 20 regions, which include the cities Rome, Milan and Venice, will be entering new coronavirus restrictions from March 15 through April 6, according to a decree passed by Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi's cabinet.
Additionally, over Easter weekend, the entire country will be considered a "red zone," and will be subject to a national lockdown from April 3 to 5.

The Last Cruise (2021): Official Trailer | HBO

Using intimate footage recorded by passengers and crew, The Last Cruise is a first-person account of the nightmare that transpired aboard the ill-fated Diamond Princess cruise ship, which set sail from Japan on the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. The HBO original documentary The Last Cruise premieres March 30 on HBOMax.

• 2 weeks later...